Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Hi guys, as you can see from the thread title, I pretty much agree that the new a-level exams are too easy, I mean it's not our fault, but obviously the education secretary should change up the a-level playing field. Exam boards are asking ridiculously easy questions, and this is obviously unfair as previous years have sat daunting, but well set exams while we can just essentially sit "Mickey Mouse" exams. It honestly just defeats the purpose of calling these qualifications "A-Levels", the difficulty of these exams are incomparable with the difficulty of GCSE exams. The qualifications should be renamed to General Certificates of Secondary Education because it's honestly quid pro quo.
    OP, your BTEC isn't A level. It might be 'equivalent' but it isnt..

(Original post by Pi/2)
    And you have not made entirely nonsensical threads yourself? E.g "Smiley face is actually a winky face." - definitely sounds like you lead an exciting life! It's not even about random A-Level nonsense either - it was an observation.
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    Good for you
    Well you did ask...
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    How easy someone finds something is subjective.
    (Original post by tcameron)
    easy exam = higher grade boundaries
    so nobody really wins here
    I'm in year 13 and honestly would hate having two years of stuff sat in one exam period - but it probably would help with biology where they insist on adding AS stuff to the A2 papers still -__-
    (Original post by SugarCoatedCart)
    The new AS exams are standalone - in other words they are a separate qualification to the full A-Level
    I find them quite difficult. But he doesn't seem to think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Moeen_Nawazish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...12-months.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    I find them quite difficult. But he doesn't seem to think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Moeen_Nawazish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...12-months.html

Haha, it's a commendable achievement, but he did admit to taking drugs to help him focus and study for 8 hours a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonYo)
    OP, your BTEC isn't A level. It might be 'equivalent' but it isnt..
    I don't do BTECs, neither do I endorse them or value them. They are a 'stepping stone' for people who cannot think, and want some sense of satisfaction for wasting their time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfbillingham)
    I wouldn't be surprised if you've used those asterisks to mask the fact you can't spell the word you wanted.
    For someone who is carrying out a pointless task of doing an a-level in every language possible, I think you're an absolute moron. Good luck with your useless AS Levels - especially your Latin.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I only really agree with physics (that it's gotten easier, not that it's too easy) on this because the new spec has a load of the questions changed with multiple choice. My spec only got them in A2 and they recommend 45 minutes on the multiple choice but this section is piss easy and you can do it in a third of that time.

ReputationRep:
    Overconfident ******...
    Screw you and the horse you rode in on...
    :c
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    I do the same four subjects and have just finished my EPQ. I actually think A2 is easier in terms of workload than AS. The content is harder but there's less to know overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How does physics even have less to learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    I don't do BTECs, neither do I endorse them or value them. They are a 'stepping stone' for people who cannot think, and want some sense of satisfaction for wasting there time.
    Their* Their*,BTEC, calm down, Their*, Their*

ReputationRep:
    Compared to the Irish Leaving Cert, A levels sound soooooooooooo easy.
    You guys get to choose ANY subject you want (maths, english etc aren't forced upon you!!!)
    You don't have to study more than 7 subjects in depth, you have as many as you'd like.
    You don't have to learn Irish (obviously) or any other language, if you don't want to.

I wish I could do A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Good for you

Meanwhile everyone else is struggling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OP just wants to make everyone else feel bad. Well OP can F*** off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Quod erat demonstrandum is latin for "which is what had to proven" and its use was perfectly fine. Don't tell me to educate myself you protoplasmic discombobulated jelly.
    Yes, It appears in your effort to look more intelligent than all of us you have misquoted Boris Johnson. Its "Protoplasmic Invertebrate Jellies"...
    By the way your nose is brown from its venture into Boris's sweaty crack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Quod erat demonstrandum is latin for "which is what had to proven" and its use was perfectly fine. Don't tell me to educate myself you protoplasmic discombobulated jelly.
    Discombobulated is also a verb! so it doesn't find into the description of this poor TSR user at all... ******

ReputationRep:
    If what you've said is true and you really are finding A-level too easy then you are probably in quite a low percentage of people with a very high IQ. In which case you'd probably realise that the majority of people are not as clever as you appear to be therefore exams must be challenging to the majority. If they were too difficult then not enough people would pursue academic studies. Therefore, you must have made this post because you want to show off like an *******.

ReputationRep:
    PPpppppprrick

Idk if this is true but my Physics paper yesterday was a resit paper which was so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    For someone who is carrying out a pointless task of doing an a-level in every language possible, I think you're an absolute moron. Good luck with your useless AS Levels - especially your Latin.
    If you think that "every language possible" constitutes solely French, German, Spanish and Latin, I would suggest that you are in fact the moron here.

Considering the fact that Latin A-Level is an incredibly highly regarded qualification, only sat by a few hundred around the world each year, you are in no place to suggest that it is "useless".

Also, on paper, Languages are the most difficult A-Levels that you can sit...so I don't really know what position you're in to claim that they're pointless.

Also, the fact that I'm learning languages will mean that I will be able to travel more and experience more cultures, unlike you, who will be sitting at home, posting sad, pathetic messages on the student room, ******* over your BTEC certificate.

Have a nice day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfbillingham)
    If you think that "every language possible" constitutes solely French, German, Spanish and Latin, I would suggest that you are in fact the moron here.

Considering the fact that Latin A-Level is an incredibly highly regarded qualification, only sat by a few hundred around the world each year, you are in no place to suggest that it is "useless".

Also, on paper, Languages are the most difficult A-Levels that you can sit...so I don't really know what position you're in to claim that they're pointless.

Also, the fact that I'm learning languages will mean that I will be able to travel more and experience more cultures, unlike you, who will be sitting at home, posting sad, pathetic messages on the student room, ******* over your BTEC certificate.

Have a nice day
    Aww that's cute, you can pretend that Latin is an amazing qualification, but in reality it's pointless because no one speaks Latin anymore! They might still be difficult but that doesn't negate from the fact that they are pointless. And the fact that you are learning languages means jack ****, I can still experience more cultures and have better qualifications at the same time, and obviously you can't read because I've already stated the subjects I'm taking, none of which are BTECs. I'm pretty sure Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry are more highly regarded than languages you imbecile.

Anyone enjoy learning your pointless languages. You'll never be able to speak all of them fluently anyway!

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    OP probably didn't take hard enough subjects? (ps, don't try and make them harder for us next year! )
    You're doomed mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splashywill)
    Discombobulated is also a verb! so it doesn't find into the description of this poor TSR user at all... ******
    Discombobulated can also be used as a noun you prune: Disconcert or confuse (someone): (as adj.discombobulated).

Obviously you are incapable of reading or mentally retarded.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.