Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found it ok but a lot of people in my class found it really hard. Loved the Handel question at the end though, one of my favourite pieces to do a long answer on. Overall ok exam, my electric counterpoint answers were a bit rubbish though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    Piano over here too! What grade?
    I haven't done any exam stuff in a while last time I did it was grade 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_hair_girl)
    I haven't done any exam stuff in a while last time I did it was grade 4
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    What grade are you

ReputationRep:
    About to do grade 6 exam but stopped for a while to focus more on GCSEs so I have a lot of catching up to do!

ReputationRep:
    About to do grade 6 exam but stopped for a while to focus more on GCSEs so I have a lot of catching up to do!
    That's really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_hair_girl)
    That's really good
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    What are we thinking the grade boundaries will be this year for a*?

ReputationRep:
    what was the texture answer to peripetie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nephilimdark)
    what was the texture answer to peripetie?
    The multiple choice one? I put homophonic but idk if that's right......

ReputationRep:
    what was the ornamentation of the piano part? lots of people I know said it was a turn but I thought it was a trill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turtlemoon;[url="tel:65675981")
    65675981[/url]]what was the ornamentation of the piano part? lots of people I know said it was a turn but I thought it was a trill?
    Yeah it was trill or tremelo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatefrog354)
    The multiple choice one? I put homophonic but idk if that's right......
    Yep I think the answer was homophonic. At least that's what everyone said as well as my teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)
    Would putting V be fine?
    I don't know if someone's already replied but yep, usually the mark scheme allows roman numerals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andreahdlfuente)
    Piano, flute and trumpet. You?
    Nice one, I play piano and trumpet too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nut3lla8)
    What are we thinking the grade boundaries will be this year for a*?
    Isn't it usually around 90% for the listening? My teacher said I could only lose 8 marks to get the A* (but coursework may bring the grades up I suppose)

ReputationRep:
    I did absolutely terrible looking at that mark scheme. I think I have failed music now, it was the worst day ever, I had an exam clash, didn't get to eat, felt horrible in the exam and forgot absolutely everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Griffindor18)
    Isn't it usually around 90% for the listening? My teacher said I could only lose 8 marks to get the A* (but coursework may bring the grades up I suppose)
    It's 70/80 for an A*; disregarding coursework which are also really high boundaries - perhaps your teacher subbed your coursework in and that's how many marks you could afford to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontSweatIt)
    It's 70/80 for an A*; disregarding coursework which are also really high boundaries - perhaps your teacher subbed your coursework in and that's how many marks you could afford to lose.
    He said it as a sweeping statement to the class but thanks for the clarification!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.