Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moshe015)
    Can u repost the edited mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The original post is the edited one. I've been changing it on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna1909)
    For the spectroscopy peak question I think you could also have the C=C bond and the range ☺️ I think
    I did that, used the 1620-1680 wave range I think and noticed it was C=C bond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    How are our overall grades determined? Do they total our marks out of 160?
    Also was the honeycomb question 1 or 2 marks?
    they make a grade boundary for each i guess and then do a an overall mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Oh well 1 mark, was the last multichoice the argon one
    Wouldn't adding argon lead to an increase in V which would lead to a decrease in pressure?(the question was asking us to increase the pressure right or was I an idiot?)

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be ?
    i found it quite hard

ReputationRep:
    There was a fixed volume

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splaffie)
    i believe you can also talk about zeolites for the separation of octane and isooctane, also wasnt the percentage uncertainty (1/38)*100 since it was + or minus 0.5 which means that the value can deviate by 1?
    no the uncertainty of the thermometer is +- 0.25 and they gave us that the uncertainty is +-0.5 for the reading in total because u measure it twice(change) so its 0.5/38.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uud)
    no the uncertainty of the thermometer is +- 0.25 and they gave us that the uncertainty is +-0.5 for the reading in total because u measure it twice(change) so its 0.5/38.
    +-0.5 means the uncertainty is 0.5 either side of the value, so it can be 38.5 or 37.5 which means its 1, that makes it (1/38)*100

ReputationRep:
    +-0.5 means the uncertainty is 0.5 either side of the value, so it can be 38.5 or 37.5 which means its 1, that makes it (1/38)*100
    In Physics AS Level uncertainty is heavily used in the exams. I always find absolute uncertainty which is 0.25+0.25=0.5. Then you do 0.5/measured value of 38 * 100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    In Physics AS Level uncertainty is heavily used in the exams. I always find absolute uncertainty which is 0.25+0.25=0.5. Then you do 0.5/measured value of 38 * 100.
    nonono it told you the uncertainty was + or - 0.5 because you were measuring it TWICE because remember X +-0.25 - X +-0.25 = +-0.5, you then have to double it to get the absolute uncertainty of 1 because thats the deviation of the value, so (1/38)*100

In the question they stated the uncertainty of the thermometer was 0.25 and because you find two temperatures that makes the total absolute uncertainty 0.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    In the question they stated the uncertainty of the thermometer was 0.25 and because you find two temperatures that makes the total absolute uncertainty 0.5
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    you have the two temperatures with an uncertainty of +-0.25, so the uncertainty is +-0.5, so the value deviates by 1

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt the percentage uncertainty be +-1.31% so 2.62%?

wouldnt the percentage uncertainty be +-1.31% so 2.62%?
    the +- sign is there telling you that the true value could be 1.31% lower than your calculated value, or 1.31% higher than the calculated value. I understand what you're saying but the +- is there for that reason

ReputationRep:
    Was the volume fixed for the hydrogen question?
    I thought the volume decreased?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    the +- sign is there telling you that the true value could be 1.31% lower than your calculated value, or 1.31% higher than the calculated value. I understand what you're saying but the +- is there for that reason
    i know, but unless you write +-1.31% i think you might actually get it wrong

ReputationRep:
    i know, but unless you write +-1.31% i think you might actually get it wrong
    I don't think so, as percentage uncertainty in the specimen paper wasn't answered like that.

ReputationRep:
    For the temperature difference you read between 2 readings, so 2x0.25=0.5 absolute uncertaintu.

They even told you the uncertainty for the reise of the temoerature was 0.5 why did you go double it again LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    For the temperature difference you read between 2 readings, so 2x0.25=0.5 absolute uncertaintu.

They even told you the uncertainty for the reise of the temoerature was 0.5 why did you go double it again LMAO
    Do you know for the hydrogen graph Q, whether the vol decreased?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.