The Student Room Group

Shooting in gay club in Florida

Scroll to see replies

A shooting? In America? Wow, never heard of that before
Let's not have this be another debate about gun control while ignoring the real issue here that this was a terrorist attack. American gun laws are crazy and gun control is needed, however let's not kid ourselves here. Gun control will not stop terrorist attacks of this kind. It didn't stop them in France and it didn't stop them in Beligium and it wouldn't stop them in the US. This could happen anywhere.

On this occasion the real issue is security. You should not be allowed to just walk into a nightclub with a gun unnoticed. Guns don't belong in these places because guns and alcohol don't go well together and I'd bet this nightclub does have a no gun policy. Guns don't belong in any kind of gathering like this so why not stop them being brought in? Metal detectors should be compulsary at the entrance to venues that host crowds and bags should be searched. I've been to nightclubs in London where this happens and it's the only place I've seen it. It needs to be compulsary everywhere. That's the reality of the world we live in today.
Original post by the bear
how do you know he was learned ?

Now you want to talk about spelling mistakes, I shouldn't be surprised considering how low you have already set the bar for yourself.

Go on preaching your political nonsense on a thread about dead people, I'm sure everyone reading this thread can see you for what you are.
Original post by Listers
So wait it's the gun that's the problem and not the insane radical muslim?

Are you okay?

radical islam is a problem that was behind the army base shooting and the husband wife shooting spree. but theres also the korean student that couldnt get a girl friend, the far- right anti black racist, the loser schoolkids into anti semistism and conspiracy theories, the confirmed psycho in a movie theatre, the loner that hated his job and his workmates ... etc etc

its the ready supply of guns that turns these nutcases into mass threats to public safety
Original post by Listers
He was actually a registered muslim democrat so you couldn't be more wrong even if you tried

https://twitter.com/Fr3333dom/status/741993416578498560

Propaganda by Republicans as they want Drump to win at any cost. Malign the Democrats so the LGB will vote GOP collectively....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by SMEGGGY
Propaganda by Republicans as they want Drump to win at any cost. Malign the Democrats so the LGB will vote GOP collectively....

Posted from TSR Mobile

So republican propaganda made this dead islamic terrorist a democrat?

I've seen it all today
Original post by joecphillips
Look at the full context I was responding to someone wondering how the left would react by saying something the left has said.

No - individuals have said. Not 'the left'.
Original post by Listers
LOL, I'm not the one to tell you or any other muslim.

They should've figured that out before immigrating but if I was to make suggestions I would say, the women should not wear the face veil in public places, not try and impose their ideology on everybody like some do in East London, not condemn democracy and support Islamic theocracy, learn the Language properly etc

I agree with it all (apart from the veil) but I prefer see figures in a few more years after British Muslims receive a better education in general (if they do).
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
no buddy, the issue is definitely a lack of gun control, its not the only issue, but it is a significant one.

if this guy had only had a handgun, the death toll would have been lower, but instead he had an automatic rifle

You are playing hypothetical games to make it fit your political wants, you are both stupid not to notice it (or to think others wont notice it) and disgusting. Had he not had an automatic weapon he would have done something differently, OK.

He might have built a car bomb and drove it through the front of the building, he might have built a stronger suicide vest and detonated it on the dance floor, he might have drove a truck into the crowds at closing. For you to assume that this wouldn't have happened or it wouldn't be so bad is automatic guns were illegal is (again I'll say it) DISGUSTING.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Now you want to talk about spelling mistakes, I shouldn't be surprised considering how low you have already set the bar for yourself.

Go on preaching your political nonsense on a thread about dead people, I'm sure everyone reading this thread can see you for what you are.

Lol that was an honest question. Was the guy educated or not and how do you know?
You are playing hypothetical games to make it fit your political wants, you are both stupid not to notice it (or to think others wont notice it) and disgusting. Had he not had an automatic weapon he would have done something differently, OK.

He might have built a car bomb and drove it through the front of the building, he might have built a stronger suicide vest and detonated it on the dance floor, he might have drove a truck into the crowds at closing. For you to assume that this wouldn't have happened or it wouldn't be so bad is automatic guns were illegal is (again I'll say it) DISGUSTING.

You're the one playing the hypothetical games, this man had access to automatic weapons and its highly likely that this mass shooting was conceived because he figured that he could easily get his hands on such a weapon. Building an explosive isn't as easy, its less reliable, generally kills fewer people unless placed well or makes high use of explosives. But AR15s? You can basically just walk into a gun shop and buy them, and they have a higher killing capacity than a handgun.

please find somebody else to insult.

:wavey:
Awful awful attack. What a few days for Orlando :/
Original post by ivybridge
That isn't what we support.

Yes it is, its people of your mind set that is enabling such terrorist attacks.

[QUOTE="Listers;65699601"]Shooter's name identified as Omar Mateen, Born to AFGHAN parents.

Imagine my shock.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting/#.V11lS8hm8j8.twitter[/QUOTE]

That's another 500,000 votes for Trump.
Reply 94
[QUOTE="The_Opinion;65700995"]Yes it is, its people of your mind set that is enabling such terrorist attacks.

Original post by Listers
Shooter's name identified as Omar Mateen, Born to AFGHAN parents.

Imagine my shock.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting/#.V11lS8hm8j8.twitter[/QUOTE]

That's another 500,000 votes for Trump.

The wall just got 10 feet higher!!!!
Original post by The_Opinion
Yes it is, its people of your mind set that is enabling such terrorist attacks.

No, no, no. Hold up. Don't tell me what I think. You are wrong. And you cannot blame liberal approaches for terrorism - they're literally polar opposites. Give up trying to sound so politically in-tune to make yourself seem intelligent.
no buddy, the issue is definitely a lack of gun control, its not the only issue, but it is a significant one.

if this guy had only had a handgun, the death toll would have been lower, but instead he had an automatic rifle

Such laws didn't help in France or Belgium did they?
Original post by champ_mc99
Lol that was an honest question. Was the guy educated or not and how do you know?

I made a spelling mistake, I meant to type 'learnt',and it (what he done) wasn't an appropriate or honest way to respondent to the point I made.

Also it was intellectually dishonest to avoid the post and focus on a spelling error. It's called deflecting, it's many things, but honest is not one of them.
You're the one playing the hypothetical games, this man had access to automatic weapons and its highly likely that this mass shooting was conceived because he figured that he could easily get his hands on such a weapon. Building an explosive isn't as easy, its less reliable, generally kills fewer people unless placed well or makes high use of explosives. But AR15s? You can basically just walk into a gun shop and buy them, and they have a higher killing capacity than a handgun.

yep you can pick up a powerful rifle with your grits at Walmart.
Original post by the bear
please find somebody else to insult.

:wavey:

You earned it, please, find another group of dead people with which to forward your political agenda.

Quick Reply

Latest