Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Anything which answers the points of you and other atheists, and any quote from the Quran which addresses points you lot raise other times that the Quraysh also raised is always "convenient"; when different obscure topics aren't explained or addressed you say that you would expect more from an all knowing God - at least try to be consistant.

God will lay before you your sins and crimes and will question you on them - when you are told why you were wrong, then you will believe you have been wrong, and it is thus you will be convinced that you deserve Hell.
    How are we being inconsistent? Just because Islam has a theological explanation, doesn't mean we have to accept it or that it won't have any flaws. If we believed the explanation was satisfactory then presumably we would convert.

Well I reject such a notion. Hell is disproportionate to any finite crime and I certainly would never deprecate myself and say I'm deserving of Hell.

ReputationRep:
    Because there is no God..? God was created as a way for people so they could understand things which didn't make sense without their mind exploding, now science has progressed there is quite frankly no need for a God. However everyone can have their own beliefs and if it makes them happy then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of my posts from another thread.

I don't think it's worth trying to present a neat logical argument letting God off the hook. Any appeal to the free will defence or 'sceptical theism' or Irenaean theodicies will provide no comfort for the friends and families who are grappling with the loss of a loved one. As a Christian I take seriously the idea that the crucifixion is a powerful symbol in the face of evil, that Jesus' death and resurrection provides a source of empowerment, life and peace amidst the reality of Islamic terrorist genocide.

That isn't palatable to most, and that's partly because it's not meant to be a theodicy. I believe Jesus' crucifixion is the hope of this world and the hope for any families grieving their loss. It's not a full answer, but if that's what you're looking for, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Well stop blaming them then when the root cause of the problems is us.
    You want me to stop blaming the Islamic community for the killing of 50 people but blame us instead?

Please tell me that was a joke..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    You want me to stop blaming the Islamic community for the killing of 50 people but blame us instead?

Please tell me that was a joke..
    Yes you lobotomised sh*t lark. The Islamic community had nothing to do with that act of terror resulting in mass murder of 50 innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a certain user deleted his sarky patronising response to my post. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Because "God is all-loving" they said.
    Js but I think is where people 'fail'. I mean, both in Islam and Christianity (not sure about other religions) it's been shown that He can be pretty ruthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Yes you lobotomised sh*t lark. The Islamic community had nothing to do with that act of terror resulting in mass murder of 50 innocent people.
    I really can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. You want to blame us for these killings........So this has nothing to do with religion or the Islamic community but we are to blame????????? You can't be that stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I can't tell if you're serious, are you actually Christian?
    Why can I not be serious right now nor a Christian? I'm finding God after losing my faith after several life mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Well I reject such a notion. Hell is disproportionate to any finite crime and I certainly would never deprecate myself and say I'm deserving of Hell.
    What about if it was permanent tinnitus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He allowed it because He loves us excessively, more than we can comprehend. Because He loves us, He gives us free will. He doesn't manipulate circumstances around us to avert catastrophes such as the shooting. He doesn't interfere in our affairs unless we ask Him to and then let Him intervene.

ReputationRep:
    If he exists he either isn't benevolent and/or doesn't give a toss about humanity.

But the most obvious explanation is that God doesn't exist.
    God exists, and humanity is all he cares about.
    Imagine if a wealthy man hosted a banquet at his mansion with plenty of food and drink, and with all sorts of entertainment. Then the man sent out invitations to everyone and anyone who was hungry to come feast at his party. Now, would you expect him to go and forcibly bring in hungry people into his mansion? Forgive me if I sound like I'm preaching, and please don't misunderstand me: I wouldn't be stupid enough to say the victims needed to do something to avoid their fate. All I'm saying is that you can't curse God coz of the ugliness that the devil is responsible for. Such unfortunate events cause much more pain to the guy above than to us humans.

ReputationRep:
    God gave us 10 rules (the 10 commandments) .. Us humans decided to break them! Hence why the world is messed up now! If we stick to the 10 rules life would be blissful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    My Christian God does NOT want this! He said those who seek vengeance are sinners. He said about homosexuality to hate not the sinner! Vengeance is HIS, he said. If this man were Christian he'd burn in hell. Let GOD deal with homosexuals. He is forgiving, I swear. This man did this FOR ALLAH. NOT my God.

Plantagenet Crown why not tag you
    you do realise ALLAH is the arabic name for God just like God is the english name for Allah.
    God and Allah are the same person. What about the christian arabs they refer to god as Allah?
    In ethiopia chrisitans call God (አምላክ) they don't call God, God .
    Your argument is weak and invalid.
    May god bless us all.

ReputationRep:
    He didnt allow 50 innocents to die. If god exists, which I don't believe for a moment he does, the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, so in the eyes of god, they weren't innocent at all.

Not my views, the views of the bible. I am not condoning the views expressed above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffparker0506)
    God gave us 10 rules (the 10 commandments) .. Us humans decided to break them! Hence why the world is messed up now! If we stick to the 10 rules life would be blissful
    exactly!
    Thanks for the rep
    followed you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    better follow me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V ugvg jhi)
    God did so because he rarely interferes in our world. If he did, for our transgressions, most of us would be dead. BTW, if he prevented much worse attacks, we would be oblivious to such.

Also, It is a sign of the end times, and they were going to die at some point.
    I agree with you 100% on the first statement.
    I disagree with you 100% on the second statement. These are not signs of the end of times. That's usually a centuries-long misquote of the scripture. Mass killings have been there even since before Jesus' time.

ReputationRep:
    I remember that. See it on fb. I would say well done to them, but unfortunately, it doesn't matter how many of them do as long as there's plenty of ISIS supporters in the UK.
    Need to be tougher on ISIS supporters, like stopping those going to fight coming back to the UK, and people walking round with ISIS flags near parliament need to be thrown in jail. I remember some Muslim having a go at Anjam choudhurrry, saying he doesn't represents Muslims and he is the reason people don't like them. I'd agree, but why hasn't the **** been deported to an island somewhere, it's beyond belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conservationofmass)
    I remember that. See it on fb. I would say well done to them, but unfortunately, it doesn't matter how many of them do as long as there's plenty of ISIS supporters in the UK.
    Need to be tougher on ISIS supporters, like stopping those going to fight coming back to the UK, and people walking round with ISIS flags near parliament need to be thrown in jail. I remember some Muslim having a go at Anjam choudhurrry, saying he doesn't represents Muslims and he is the reason people don't like them. I'd agree, but why hasn't the **** been deported to an island somewhere, it's beyond belief.
    Yeah I saw some facebook video of these 'muslims' who said good things about isis on Edgeware Road in London. Then the muslims walking past literally spat in their faces and ripped their posters .. They also swore at them. It nearly got violent. I really don't understand how these supporters don't get arrested wtf is wrong with the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    God is not responsible for the sinful nature of mankind because of free will

Stop blaming God for the stuff that man does of his own accord
    I agree with you completely. God cannot be blamed for the actions of free willed men. And I believe you have answered this particular question.
    I'm however curious to know how you would respond to a similar question if, say, the occurrence that caused the tragedy was not instigated by an act of man. What if the same question was asked after an Earthquake that killed dozens or even hundreds of people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.