Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigoliver)
    That must be frustrating, best of luck, Im really interested how you both did.
    The UMS business has really confused me but by the looks of things we are heading for a C and D... Let you know tomorrow.
    But even if he gets a D its an achievement having been through the process despite his anxieties and being only 11, and like you he can of course always retake when hes older if he needs to for whatever he decides to go into

ReputationRep:
    Any pass is a huge achievement for an 11yo at GCSE.

I couldn't get a C at 15 let alone 11yo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigoliver)
    Any pass is a huge achievement for an 11yo at GCSE.

I couldn't get a C at 15 let alone 11yo
    Absolutely, could be an F for all I know, have to just hold tight til tom, if post doesn't arrive I might have to call up the school, it's killing me waiting

ReputationRep:
    Yep got the C and D as expected , he was just a couple of marks off each paper for a C though so that's pretty frustrating!
    So today he has learned that to pass well you have to do all the work.. ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemski)
    Yep got the C and D as expected , he was just a couple of marks off each paper for a C though so that's pretty frustrating!
    So today he has learned that to pass well you have to do all the work.. ;p
    Well predicted!
    It's an achievement getting a C again years after leaving school and your son did amazing getting a D at his age and a strong D too.
    With another year of study just imagine what grade your son might be able to get, he might beat your grade next year!

I'm going to sign up for A level maths next. I have to wait till Thursday as that is my college open day.

I think you both did really well, good luck to you both in whatever you do next

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.