Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vote of No Confidence in the Government Watch

• View Poll Results: This House has no confidence in the Government.
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    44.00%
    On the contrary, No
    50.00%
    Abstain
    6.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Yet another unprofessional response from you. You really shame the Government.
    lol
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    You're expected to say "given". Have you not watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age?

Anyway, I've voted with you.
    Nahh, not my genre

Coolio

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I feel obliged to warn fellow MPs that the current increase in government produce may be entirely related to this threat. It's a possibility worth considering.

Regardless of this, I did second the MoNC so I shall vote aye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I feel obliged to warn fellow MPs that the current increase in government produce may be entirely related to this threat. It's a possibility worth considering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can have several members of the government back me up on this, the first draft of the statement i authored was written two weeks ago while i was employment sec. Id been busy irl as had most of the house which caused the delays.

Thats not the point though, maybe the vonc was a kick up the arse, maybe it was needed. But aside from everything else weve only had under two months in government and i feel that we should at least be given a fair chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I can have several members of the government back me up on this, the first draft of the statement i authored was written two weeks ago while i was employment sec. Id been busy irl as had most of the house which caused the delays.

Thats not the point though, maybe the vonc was a kick up the arse, maybe it was needed. But aside from everything else weve only had under two months in government and i feel that we should at least be given a fair chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough, that's why personally I would've waited a few weeks before submitting this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exams are over, could that possibly be what's lead to an output increase?
    Nah, it must be that they're panicking and rushing stuff out. If it were a panic you would expect a different structure and output

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Exams are over, could that possibly be what's lead to an output increase?
    Nah, it must be that they're panicking and rushing stuff out. If it were a panic you would expect a different structure and output

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just stating a possibility. The quality of the recent spike of output suggests they had a stockpile.

Plus exams aren't over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm just stating a possibility. The quality of the recent spike of output suggests they had a stockpile.

Plus exams aren't over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not all of us are still ickle little students still in compulsory education, rather a lot of the government are university or later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Not all of us are still ickle little students still in compulsory education, rather a lot of the government are university or later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I ain't in compulsory education

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't say… :rolleyes: Some people including yourself implied that seeing increased output would/could persuade them to reject the MoNC so we chose to make our output a priority and now more items are to come.

It's a shame you've decided to vote against us because you seconded the motion rather than considering our current activity even though you claimed that you “felt it would serve as a kick up the ass, which seemed necessary; hopefully it has served it's purpose and output will pick up”.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    You don't say… :rolleyes: Some people including yourself implied that seeing increased output would/could persuade them to reject the MoNC so we chose to make our output a priority and now more items are to come.

It's a shame you've decided to vote against us because you seconded the motion rather than considering our current activity even though you claimed that you “felt it would serve as a kick up the ass, which seemed necessary; hopefully it has served it's purpose and output will pick up”.
    I like seeing more output but I think the government needs to have a better procedure for quality control, if the standard of the recent statement of intents, bills, and reports are at the average level of quality for the government that is a ground to support the MoNC.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Life_peer)

My earlier quote still stands, but like I say I did second this so I am somewhat obliged to vote aye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    My earlier quote still stands, but like I say I did second this so I am somewhat obliged to vote aye.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, that's why personally I would've waited a few weeks before submitting this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your moderation on this issue is appreciated. Perhaps there is a posssibility you could change your mind? You seem to be tacitly acknowledge that this vonc is far to early to be justified.

With regards to your concerns that we're panic- legislating, we have threads full of drafts and counter drafts, and a google document of our general outline o government which is rough 20 pages long. We are probably the most structured and complex legislating body in the house. We just have been busy over exams, simple as.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    Your moderation on this issue is appreciated. Perhaps there is a posssibility you could change your mind? You seem to be tacitly acknowledge that this vonc is far to early to be justified.

With regards to your concerns that we're panic- legislating, we have threads full of drafts and counter drafts, and a google document of our general outline o government which is rough 20 pages long. We are probably the most structured and complex legislating body in the house. We just have been busy over exams, simple as.
    I do not want to start quoting your MPs back at you, but last term when things were taking a while the government was criticised for having lots of things in the government sub-forum to be submitted, lots of statement of intents were being finalised, and the budget was nearly completed, if what you say is true, there should have been a high quality statement of intent released this week to counter the MoNC, or high quality government bills; that did not happen.

I have not voted agaisnt this MoNC because I think the government is competent, nor do I think this government is the most competent government that could be formed, however, I would rather live with a failing centre-right government than a left-wing government. The government has not done anything to prove itself, nor has the government shown the MHoC anything to suggest it is capable of proving itself, for lots of items that are meant to have been sitting in the government sub-forum for months, the government needs to learn how to submit things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I do not want to start quoting your MPs back at you, but last term when things were taking a while the government was criticised for having lots of things in the government sub-forum to be submitted, lots of statement of intents were being finalised, and the budget was nearly completed, if what you say is true, there should have been a high quality statement of intent released this week to counter the MoNC, or high quality government bills; that did not happen.

I have not voted agaisnt this MoNC because I think the government is competent, nor do I think this government is the most competent government that could be formed, however, I would rather live with a failing centre-right government than a left-wing government. The government has not done anything to prove itself, nor has the government shown the MHoC anything to suggest it is capable of proving itself, for lots of items that are meant to have been sitting in the government sub-forum for months, the government needs to learn how to submit things.
    We're selective, and also busy. For example, i have no idea whats going on as i can only just now spend time on tsr to do do anything but occasionally post places and vote. But theres a lot bubbling underneath.

Tbh, in my time in government, i have seen competent parties, but never a competent government. The greens/ukip/liberals was particularly horrendous.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Why?
    Mobbsy, I am a man of limited principles, but there are still some there. One of which is voting aye if I have seconded the item.

With it being a closed poll I'm not sure anything could be done if I was to change my mind. Although if I was to vote in accordance with my true feeling, I would likely abstain.

Like I say, the quality and quantity did suggest there was a stockpile of some sort.

We're selective, and also busy. For example, i have no idea whats going on as i can only just now spend time on tsr to do do anything but occasionally post places and vote. But theres a lot bubbling underneath.

Tbh, in my time in government, i have seen competent parties, but never a competent government. The greens/ukip/liberals was particularly horrendous.
    I must admit, it was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who's not voted.

ReputationRep:
    Mobbsy, I am a man of limited principles, but there are still some there. One of which is voting aye if I have seconded the item.

With it being a closed poll I'm not sure anything could be done if I was to change my mind. Although if I was to vote in accordance with my true feeling, I would likely abstain.

Like I say, the quality and quantity did suggest there was a stockpile of some sort.

I must admit, it was awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you not as the speaker to change it? Or at least take note of that decision and change the vote after the poll?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Could you not as the speaker to change it? Or at least take note of that decision and change the vote after the poll?
    Actually, good idea, I didn't think of that.

Mr Speaker, I know you're getting sick of me making these requests, but can you please change my aye to abstain? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.