Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I gave a presentation at college, they laughed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    This isnt normal behaviour at all!
    Ive been around boys my whole life and have never experienced this before!
    I agree with you!
    The other guy is talking ****!!
    Yeah; if anyone tried that where I live; they wouldn't have hands for very long. It is most certainly not normal behaviour, and if it happens where that guy lives, then I think there needs to be a serious investigation into the area, because there's clearly something wrong there.

It's not sensitivity that makes us averse to that behaviour, 41b, it's self-respect. If anyone tries that on me, they certainly won't want to try it again. It's just disgusting and childish behaviour. And since when has dirty fighting been considered something boys are meant to do? It's traditionally considered unmanly.

ReputationRep:
    This isnt normal behaviour at all!
    Ive been around boys my whole life and have never experienced this before!
    I agree with you!
    The other guy is talking ****!!
    There's something very weird/ wrong going on with him, it isn't normal in the slightest. Have the police said anything to you yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday as part of my course, I had to give a presentation at college in front of my bullies.
    Now I don't have much confidence and I was shaking before I had to go up and give mine (everyone had to do one).
    Now theirs went fine, mine went well in my head, until they laughed at me
    It hurt me so much that they would do this seeing as they know I don't have any confidence.
    I'm just so hurt by this.
    What can I do?
    Thanks

Awww 😔 Some people are just so rude! Do you have anyone your pally with or hang around with? Stay with them and be happy and so they will see you are better than them. If not, I sorta know how you feel.
    Just remember you are more intelligent, wise and don't let them be your only memory of the school year. 🤗
    Hope your feeling okay!

I'm here if you wanna talk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan_Daisy)
    Awww 😔 Some people are just so rude! Do you have anyone your pally with or hang around with? Stay with them and be happy and so they will see you are better than them. If not, I sorta know how you feel.
    Just remember you are more intelligent, wise and don't let them be your only memory of the school year. 🤗
    Hope your feeling okay!

I'm here if you wanna talk!
    Indeed they are!
    Im afraid not! I have no friends in person
    No one likes me!
    I cant stay with them. Things will just get worse if i do!
    Aw have you experienced this too?
    Aww thankyou! Ill try not to let it be my only memory but most of its been bad!
    Thanks, im not too bad currently.

Thankyou! May i drop a PM to you?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday as part of my course, I had to give a presentation at college in front of my bullies.
    Now I don't have much confidence and I was shaking before I had to go up and give mine (everyone had to do one).
    Now theirs went fine, mine went well in my head, until they laughed at me
    It hurt me so much that they would do this seeing as they know I don't have any confidence.
    I'm just so hurt by this.
    What can I do?
    Thanks
    Aw, I totally feel you.
    I mean I absolutely hate Bullies especially when my friends are being bullied.
    Just always remember that Bullies push people around because they think they have the power to do so. They don't. Find people who are supposed to be in charge to help. It is their responsibility to stop bullying, and they should use it.

It is unfortunate that some adults won't listen, but if those in the area won't listen to you then they should at least listen to your parents. School officials and others who work with young people sometimes do not adequately respect the young people they supervise, but they usually cannot reject the input of parents--the ones who give them authority by placing young people in their care

Just stay confident, Keep your head high and forget about those Bullies because they aren't going to get you anywhere if they continue!
    :cute: :shh:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed they are!
    Im afraid not! I have no friends in person
    No one likes me!
    I cant stay with them. Things will just get worse if i do!
    Aw have you experienced this too?
    Aww thankyou! Ill try not to let it be my only memory but most of its been bad!
    Thanks, im not too bad currently.

Thankyou! May i drop a PM to you?
    Glad I could help- you're welcome! 👍
    Yeah, of course you can send me a PM-I'm happy to help

This might be one of my long stories of how I worked on my confidence but mate I think u need it:
    I had no confidence like u and everyone thought of me as a silent,weak ****.They thought lowly of me and laughed everytime I went up to do my presentations.One day I ****ing had enough so for my speech I stood up.Everyone started laughin as usual and even the teacher looked down and made a face like: she's gonna get a low mark.she's not that confident and too shy.

Then i stood up and my heart was racing.everyone was waiting for me to begin.I had memorised my whole speech.I started saying my speech with hand gestures and made sure I was saying it with confidence..Everyones mouths dropped open even the teacher had stopped writing and looked up at me.
    I know it does take a long time to work on ur confidence.but if u don't care about what others say,working on it can only take a few seconds.
    From then on I learnt one thing: don't give a **** what other people say,do it for urself
    Soz if this was too long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.