Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Life outside the EU, Can we cope? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Just to let you know, I refrained myself in my post in case you took it to heart and went and committed suicide or sth.

I almost regret doing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't have taken it to heart, because I barely take anything you say seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    You're stupid because you think that having 5% more democracy and imaginary sovereignty is even comparable to the economic losses of a Brexit.

1. Independence is an abstract and stupid concept in a 21st century world, the more interconnected we are - the better. The more we pay attention to world and humanitarian issues, the quicker we can help other countries develop economically and socially. Law control, while this would be good, it means nothing in comparison to the economic risks. The EU doesn't make bad laws, people are keen to flush all 'bad laws' made under Brussels, but there are stories behind all of them - and Brussels is hardly ever responsible. I trust some lawmakers who are out of the spotlight, devoid of pressure to appease a country's voters, and well experienced to make laws - elected democratically or not.

2. The £350 million we spend a week, which is a contested figure, will be made completely null by the economic recession after Brexit. If you care so much about money, what about Trident? Trident is estimated to cost something like £205 BILLION, I have no doubt that the '350 million per week', true or not, would be lumped onto something useless like that and definitely not the NHS - especially when those claiming money will be spent on the NHS have no power to make that happen at this current point in time.

3. We have control of our non-EU borders, and the government still fails to control immigration in these specific fields. Do some research on the topic and you will see that immigration which we can control isn't controlled. The EU isn't to blame, our leaders are. And I'm not sure how leaving the EU allows us to 're-elect' our leaders unless you think there will be a general election after the 23rd.

Leaving the EU doesn't magically make us do better, maybe it will make us do well in the long term - but no one knows for sure. But almost every economist knows for sure that we will suffer economically and politically from a Brexit. This is not a risk worth taking for some childish, abstract ideas such as 'more sovereignty' vs economic recession.
    All of what you said is b***sh*t.
    You have ignored the threads and facts that Ive been posting on TSR for the past few days about the Denmark man who exposed EU tactics and the Bank of England's lies. You didnt even bother to challenge them because you cant. And now you have the audacity to confront me over what Ive said on this thread?
    You have no idea what the bankers, the EU leaders, the politicians discuss about in their private time. Most media, IMF, expert institutions are funded by the bankers and EU leaders, and they are lying to you about the Brexit economic suffering. Its all lies. Your falling for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    You have ignored the threads and facts that Ive been posting on TSR for the past few days about the Denmark man who exposed EU tactics and the Bank of England's lies. You didnt even bother to challenge them because you cant. And now you have the audacity to confront me over what Ive said on this thread?
    You have no idea what the bankers, the EU leaders, the politicians discuss about in their private time. Most media, IMF, expert institutions are funded by the bankers and EU leaders, and they are lying to you about the Brexit economic suffering. Its all lies. Your falling for it.
    "All what you said is b***sh*t"

clearly I wasted my time and you are stupider than I first thought, what a compelling counterargument other than some stupid conspiracy theory, basically infowars style.

ReputationRep:
    It's like the little people don't matter anymore and so we are expected to listen to some banks that we have bailed out

ReputationRep:
    "All what you said is b***sh*t"

clearly I wasted my time and you are stupider than I first thought, what a compelling counterargument other than some stupid conspiracy theory, basically infowars style.
    It is true.

ReputationRep:
    ^ deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    ^ deluded.
    Making a stand against giving our laws away to another group in another country is not delusional. Maybe its you who is delusioned by the EU funded media and politicians.

This video is what I fight for. This is not delusional:

ReputationRep:
    Making a stand against giving our laws away to another group in another country is not delusional. Maybe its you who is delusioned by the EU funded media and politicians.

This video is what I fight for. This is not delusional:

Trading imaginary play toys like sovereignty, nationalism and democracy is moronic compared to the concrete fact that we will lose out economically.

ReputationRep:
    Trading imaginary play toys like sovereignty, nationalism and democracy is moronic compared to the concrete fact that we will lose out economically.
    Its all rubbish.
    I made this thread to show you that Switzerland and other countries are doing better off outside the EU.
    I bet you havent even bothered to watch the video at the beginning of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    The EU is milking us!

ReputationRep:
    Its all rubbish.
    I made this thread to show you that Switzerland and other countries are doing better off outside the EU.
    I bet you havent even bothered to watch the video at the beginning of this thread.
    if you think the fact that one small country has thrived economically out of the EU is going to be an identical situation with us leaving the EU, then you're delusional

ReputationRep:
    if you think the fact that one small country has thrived economically out of the EU is going to be an identical situation with us leaving the EU, then you're delusional
    Your the delusional one. Listening to organisations and media that are favouring the Remain side for their own beneficial gain. Your too afraid to Leave the EU and are scared. We have been in the EU for 40+ years and its not working. Employment is getting drasticly low. We definitely need to vote leave regardless of what the lying politicians, the biased media and the EU funded experts have to say.

ReputationRep:
    Your the delusional one. Listening to organisations and media that are favouring the Remain side for their own beneficial gain. Your too afraid to Leave the EU and are scared. We have been in the EU for 40+ years and its not working. Employment is getting drasticly low. We definitely need to vote leave regardless of what the lying politicians, the biased media and the EU funded experts have to say.
    Its funny that you class the remain camp as 'lying politicians' when Boris Johnson, IDS, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove are the biggest liars of them all.

We've been in the EU for 40+ years and you have no idea what it would look like if we hadn't joined it, so not sure how you can comment on the issue - we would likely be economically worse off.

ReputationRep:
    Its funny that you class the remain camp as 'lying politicians' when Boris Johnson, IDS, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove are the biggest liars of them all.

We've been in the EU for 40+ years and you have no idea what it would look like if we hadn't joined it, so not sure how you can comment on the issue - we would likely be economically worse off.
    You have ignored the fact that:

We have been in the EU for 40+ years and its not working. Employment is getting drasticly low.

I do have an idea on what UK would look like without being in the EU. It would be more democratic, economical (no high EU membership fees) and more freedom.

The fact that you have not bothered to watch the video at the beginning of this thread, shows that your ignorant.
    David Cameron is bull****g and your listening to him.
    Vote Leave. Its best for this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I wouldn't have taken it to heart, because I barely take anything you say seriously.
    I refrain by principle, because you can never expect too much off someone off the Internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    We're not as culturally rich as Switzerland. We'd have nothing without our empire and the immigrants that make this country.
    That was a joke, right?

ReputationRep:
    Are you an economist? How do you know anything about the economy apart from what youve read. This goes for regardless if you are pro or vs brexit

ReputationRep:
    economical (no high EU membership fees)
    How do we know?

It's like me saying I will be better off if I stopped paying my mortgage. Looking at the numbers - I would be. I would be hundreds of pounds a month better off if I just stopped giving the bank money.

However, in the long run, the bank would chase me. They'd take the house and sell it. If it comes in at a low price I'd be liable for the shortfall. There'd be other charges added on to that. Then I'd have to find somewhere else to live. I might have to pay more for that... or I might have to live further away from work, so I'd pay more in transport. Actually, my job relies on me having a clean credit check... so I'd probably lose that. So I'd be in a right pickle...

The same goes for stating that we'd be financially better off out of the EU. Would we? How about the lost trade? The economy could take a tumble. Jobs might be lost. Businesses might move. We might miss out on investment. We may pay more for goods and services.

One of the many faults of this campaign has been over simplification. Both sides are guilty. But the "if we leave, we'd be better off by the value of our membership fee" statement is prime example.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    The Swiss model isn't something the UK would want.

It took ages for them to get an agreement with the EU - 6 years for the first packaged of deals. They had to make concessions - such as allowing the free movement of people. They don't have full access to the single market - financial services aren't covered (save a few exceptions). Since finance is kinda the UK's thing, that'd be a huge sticking point.

And the EU has said that it won't allow another Swiss model. It is broken and the EU don't want to repeat the whole thing.
    Saying country x has done fine is not the same as saying we should emulate country x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but there are no concrete facts about what will happen to our economy if we voted to leave. The economic forecasts that have been made have relied on assumptions about our trading position with the EU. Many of the assumptions are just irrational, predicting a loss of trade due to the EU throwing tantrums and imposing tariffs, which would of course benefit absolutely no one and is an incredibly far-fetched thing to believe. Brexit is a process, not an event, and if there was any chance of economic instability it would be due to tentative investor decisions whilst our new position would be negotiated, and would therefore require effective management by the government to ease any concerns

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.