Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your least favorite political correctness trend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When people get angry at Nicole Arber for fat shaming
    There were many overweight people who she mentions she actually helped wake them the f*** up to start taking responsibility for their lives and let them know it is in their hands to take better care of their health

Of course you should engage in self compassion however you are, but that does not mean we ignore the other side of the equation which is growth. A paradox of personal development is acceptance of what is right now and yet striving for improvement at the same time, one of many paradoxes.

People may say her language and attitude was harsh but no, you only find harsh what your precious ego cannot swallow, your feeling offended is your problem not hers

ReputationRep:
    All of it.

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    All of it.
    There must be one part which you find even more intolerable than the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    There must be one part which you find even more intolerable than the rest?
    Possibly.. maybe the bit about only white people can be racist because racism is institutionalised power idk. Its like comparing different sizes and shades of dog poo though.

It strikes me as a religion or cult such is the brainwashing and ignorance

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    It strikes me as a religion or cult such is the brainwashing and ignorance
    Its not brainwashing when your side is doing it

ReputationRep:
    Cultural appropriation. I get the original objection to it i.e something that's been done to deliberately mock another culture , but when it involves something tat people have adopted from a particular culture because they actually like it surely that's a good thing. In m view,obsessing over 'cultural appropriation' distracts from more serious issues of racism.
    Some of the radical feminists you see at places like Tumblr. Again I think this sort of extreme feminism is often used to distract from more mainstream feminist arguments

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.