Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmithAmelia)
    You seem to have done very well on the exam, well done
    Thanks! I did make one stupid mistake though, which was the k question with the cubic graph, even though I posted the working earlier, I know where I went wrong.

In the exam, I put 9 - 9 - 9 as - 27, even though it is - 9!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I literally left out so many questions - could not answer the isosceles triangle, I got to 3(3-3rt3) instead of 3(3-rt3) for the perimeter of the trapezium so gave up, wrote some random co-ordinates for the application of completing the square for the minimum point (could not remember what everything meant), kept getting different values for the simultaneous equations with the perpendicular fraction coordinates and bleh probably got everything else wrong too. What did everyone get for 'find the integer values bleh bleh -insert quadratic thing here- (or something like that)?' I got x is less than or equal to 12 but I have a feeling it's 8 less than or equal to x less that or equal to 12... (there goes my chance of a decent grade)
    I don't think it can be equal to 8 or 12 because it's and inequality that says it has to be less than 0. It said write down the integers so I think it would be 9,10 and 11 but I left it as 8<X<12 as the answer: would is still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vishantu_success)
    Does-anyone-please-remember-the-2-angles-in-the-circle-therom-question
    Thanks
    2x+48 and 3x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishan_2000)
    thanks! i did make one stupid mistake though, which was the k question with the cubic graph, even though i posted the working earlier, i know where i went wrong.

In the exam, i put 9 - 9 - 9 as - 27, even though it is - 9!
    i did the same thing but i put -18 ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examscanyounot)
    I don't think it can be equal to 8 or 12 because it's and inequality that says it has to be less than 0. It said write down the integers so I think it would be 9,10 and 11 but I left it as 8<X<12 as the answer: would is still get the marks?
    i thought it asked state the range?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    Thanks! I did make one stupid mistake though, which was the k question with the cubic graph, even though I posted the working earlier, I know where I went wrong.

It's not going to affect your overall grade that much anyway, I wouldn't worry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vishantu_success)
    QUESTION=X^4+81
    Simplify=(x^2+9)(x^2-9)
    Simplify-further-blah
    Rt X^4 = X^2
    Rt 81 = 9
    Difference of two sqaures = (x+3)(x-3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)

really...I got just 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatehannah)
    Yeah it was definitely -80 because it said y<0 and y could either be -1/5 or 1/5 so you had to use -1/5 which is less than 0 and do 16 divided by -1/5 which is the same as 16 x -5 which gave -80 🙌🏽

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romy06)
    really...I got just 9
    Oh sorry, I meant k - 9 = 0, and k - 27 = 0, so I ended up with 27, even though it was actually 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romy06)
    really...I got just 9
    The answer for k is 9 but he is saying that 9 - 9 - 9 = -9 so to make it equal to 0 k has to be 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evebennettx)
    i did the same thing but i put -18 ((
    Annoying, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point actually, but I think most people, including me and you, put 8 < x < 12. I think that should be enough though.

ReputationRep:
    Some answers I got:

Cos(theta symbol)= -5/6

X=121 for the one that was like (3-rootx)^1/3 - 2

(X-5)^3= x^3 - 15x^2 + 75x - 125

Completing the square: (X+3)^2 - 7
    Minimum value thing: (-3,-7)

For proving the perimeter thing, inthink you had to show it was 3(3+root3) by doing 3+3+3+6/root3+3/root3 then it made 9+9/root 3 in which you had to rationalise the 9/root3 to get 9root3/3 and then that gave altogether 9+3root3 then you just had to put it in brackets?

dy/dx was like 3x^2 - 20x (correct me if I'm wrong I can't quite remember)

The X/Y thing was -80

There was one where an answer was 45 (maybe X=45)

Where you had to find p and m or something it was 8 and -1

Centre of the circle I can't remember but it was either the 2nd or 3rd option.

The radius was root10

The difference between 2 squares was (X+3)(X-3)

There are more but I can't quite remember off the top of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I literally left out so many questions - could not answer the isosceles triangle, I got to 3(3-3rt3) instead of 3(3-rt3) for the perimeter of the trapezium so gave up, wrote some random co-ordinates for the application of completing the square for the minimum point (could not remember what everything meant), kept getting different values for the simultaneous equations with the perpendicular fraction coordinates and bleh probably got everything else wrong too. What did everyone get for 'find the integer values bleh bleh -insert quadratic thing here- (or something like that)?' I got x is less than or equal to 12 but I have a feeling it's 8 less than or equal to x less that or equal to 12... (there goes my chance of a decent grade)
    yh it was x<-8 and x>8

ReputationRep:
    I got -80 for that because it was 16/-0.4 which is the same as 16 x -5 which was -80
    i got +80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lily628)
    i thought it asked state the range?
    yh it said state the range of integers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    yepp. Tbf i'm glad no one is complaining seeing as the test was harder than usual, which is nice!
    U know for the x/y question, i got 80, would i lose a mark? and for the trig identity i didn't do negatives for both :/

ReputationRep:
    Some answers I got:

Cos(theta symbol)= -5/6

X=121 for the one that was like (3-rootx)^1/3 - 2

(X-5)^3= x^3 - 15x^2 + 75x - 125

Completing the square: (X+3)^2 - 7
    Minimum value thing: (-3,-7)

For proving the perimeter thing, inthink you had to show it was 3(3+root3) by doing 3+3+3+6/root3+3/root3 then it made 9+9/root 3 in which you had to rationalise the 9/root3 to get 9root3/3 and then that gave altogether 9+3root3 then you just had to put it in brackets?

dy/dx was like 3x^2 - 20x (correct me if I'm wrong I can't quite remember)

The X/Y thing was -80

There was one where an answer was 45 (maybe X=45)

Where you had to find p and m or something it was 8 and -1

Centre of the circle I can't remember but it was either the 2nd or 3rd option.

The radius was root10

The difference between 2 squares was (X+3)(X-3)

There are more but I can't quite remember off the top of my head
    Hey u know for the trig question i wrote 3/5, would i lose 1 mark, i showed my working..?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.