(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    8 :ahee:
    I had no stresses in year 3 :moon:

Back to FM :work:
    stress over gcses lol give me a break

ReputationRep:
    None

(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Well now that I'm 14 (today) :birthday:...
    I think being 10 was live in Year 6
    Lol. Until a couple of months ago most of what happened between eleven and seventeen was missing from my memory.

I'd probably say twenty-one or so. It was the worse time of my life in a lot of ways, but it was where I laid the foundation for who I'm still becoming.

That said, I try to look to the future more than the past. The past is dead and irrevocable; the future is where we're all going.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 16 but i think 17 would be a good time because i can finally get my license i wouldn't need to depend on my dad or older brother

and ages before u were a teen u didn't get forced to do chores

but best years when u were a toddler u wont get in trouble for what u do

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd say I'm the happiest and healthiest I've ever been, so I guess 29. Hopefully that won't be my final answer.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say yr 9 when you were like 13-14. It was pretty great, while you were considered more mature, the stress that comes with that still hasn't come in.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.

ReputationRep:

Went from being an average student to getting straight As/A*s in my GCSEs.

All went downhill afterwards thanks to some bad A-Level choices and unrequited love. Did badly and had to retake a lot.

My late teens and early 20s have generally been awful but I think a lot of people feel the same. It's an overwhelmingly stressful phase in your life when you feel pressurised to get perfect grades and a perfect degree, especially in these bleak economic times. You're constantly told that "if you don't get this grade, you'll never get a good job" etc.

You also start to realise that reward and hard work are not directly linked. You start to realise that a lot of people who do well academically often went to better schools, have richer parents, live in bigger houses and have nicer lives. Academic achievement has more to do with privilege than intelligence and diligence. It becomes so obvious once you go to university.

But generally, life gets better after university.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Ultron

ReputationRep:
    The ice age.😈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govandpolitics)
    gcse life during exams is just *****y finally finished mine today and free to live

ReputationRep:
    17, year 13 times

theyve all been shite

ReputationRep:
    None

The 16 years i have lived was crap

ReputationRep:
    Definitely when I was 10/11, I love being older now, having had more experience with life and having grown up, but teenage years for me were full of so much pressure that I put on myself with friends, school, family etc. Looking back on it, part of me wishes I could tell myself to lighten up a bit and that it's okay not to be the best at everything. :rolleyes:

Life is too short to spend it stressing. :^_^:

(Original post by govandpolitics)
    Who said GCSEs where stressing me out? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    here is a Commemorative Timepiece for you

Name:  thegemclock.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  176.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    reception

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    17 the only time I fell in love with someone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.