Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain is better than the rest of the EU put together. Vote leave. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I imagine there are some industries/projects in the UK that are part-funded by the EU and moreover there are probably jobs linked to trading within the EU.

Though leave could probably argue that the money saved would just be redirected back into those industries/projects.

And exactly, at part funded. Cameron and his buddies are too scared to do something on their own. It's not for the better of UK. They're selling promises and subtly taking jabs at Leavers, their own citizens, to make it look like a cleaner motive to remain smh. It's all for their benefit, and they scaremonger people away from Leaving. So low.

(Original post by Withengar)
    Alright, aside from OP's xenophobic, racist and ultra-nationalistic nonsense, let's examine just how good (or bad) the UK is when compared to the rest of Europe.

English is NOT the most commonly spoken human language. It's only the third most commonly spoken native language, behind Mandarin and Spanish.

Britain's GDP per capita is only the 15th in Europe, behind such countries as Germany, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands.

Britain's GINI coefficient, which calculates how equal the distribution of wealth is within the country is far behind other European countries like Germany, France and Austria, and even lower then the EU's average.

Britain's HDI, or Human Development Index, which counts how developed a country is based on life expectancy, education, income and so on, is only 14th in the world, far behind countries like Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.

Global Gender Gap Report, which measures gender equality, has Britain at 18th place, behind France, Germany, Slovenia, Ireland and Sweden.

World Health Organization, which measures and ranks global health organizations, has Britain at 18th place, behind the Netherlands, Greece (yes, Greece), Portugal, Spain, Italy, and the top-ranker France.

Corruption Perception Index, which measures corruption and corruption-related issues within a country has Britain on 10th place, behind Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the Nederlands.

In summary, Britain is not the best country in the EU by any major stat or category imaginable. It's behind most, especially more developed ones. Stop spreading your jingoistic, xenophobic, prejudiced nonsense and face the facts. The EU doesn't need you. It is you who need the EU.
    lol racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "containing" and "regulating".
    What do you need help with understanding? First off do you know the meaning of those words? :cookie:

Secondly the lad I said it to understood it quite easily.

Thirdly just in case you really need to understand, containment means not letting something get worse...
    and regulating means managing....when it comes to politics, regulating includes legislature to assure efficiency that everything is organised.
    Got it?

So in the discussion about migration, it needs to be contained and regulated, lest overpopulation...mkay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    What do you need help with understanding? First off do you know the meaning of those words? :cookie:

Secondly the lad I said it to understood it quite easily.

Thirdly just in case you really need to understand, containment means not letting something get worse...
    and regulating means managing....when it comes to politics, regulating includes legislature to assure efficiency that everything is organised.
    Got it?

So in the discussion about migration, it needs to be contained and regulated, lest overpopulation...mkay?
    Bro. You said "containing and regulating who is here now". What do you mean by "here now"? Why do immigrants now need controlling?

ReputationRep:
    XcitingStuart last yr we paid 13bil...to eu...smh. Imagine what that would do to benefit us. But the politicians up there are too scared to try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Bro. You said "containing and regulating who is here now". What do you mean by "here now"? Why do immigrants now need controlling?
    Bro...do you need to know the difference between migration...and immigration...? Learn it first before you quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Why u hav to do that
    Conviction.

I'm actually sorry, but I'm opportunistic. (I can imagine it'd put any decision in turmoil now.)

Really again, soz.

And you're sexy af if it makes you feel any better. (Entirely irrelevant, but so what.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floury)
    It's time for us to stand on our own two feet. We have a superior government to the rest of Europe, the most commonly spoken language (we don't neigh like horses like the French), our roads are excellent, so are our hospitals, that lot in Calais would give their right arm to live here, and I can see why. We live in the best country in the world and don't need the failing EU bringing us down.

Vote leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I need the EU ... To get the **** out of my life. 60% of our laws come from Brussels and they make us throw away bananas if they're not sufficiently curved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Warning that family finances and jobs would be put at risk by a vote to leave, he said the UK's economic security was "paramount".
    ^^^Cameron's words.

Someone tell me how leaving jobs for Brits exactly? If anything less people means more job opportunity and higher wages, obviously.

Cameron has not been helping to regulate migration himself, but implies leavers are "quitters." Quitting on...what? If anything remainers are the quitters. They are terrified of standing on their own to continue trade and commerce. Japan is on its ones and it's the 3rd largest economy in the word, I believe. US is its own, there's no American union...there's just the US union.

Inexorably maybe you can help me here.
    This lie that Europeans take our jobs is one of the most retarded points the Leave campaign presents. Eastern Europeans largely do the jobs that others don't want to do (strawberry-picking; sandwich factories etc). Indeed, owing to general British absolute superiority, many companies are forced to advertise jobs abroad - British people do not want to do these jobs.

Of course, English builders and plumbers etc have been hit, although I think this is something of thwir own fault. A vocal Brexiter at work even admitted she would only hire a Polish builder. Why? Because they do a better job for cheaper.

The living wage is also being introduced in 2020 - wages are going to increase.

Actually, the USA is part of NAFTA - the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Japan has recently become one of twelve countries, including the USA and Australia to sign the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which is another trade bloc that has been drafted and signed within the past year.

It is odd that the UK is moving away from trade blocs, the rest of the world is moving towards them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    This lie that Europeans take our jobs is one of the most retarded points the Leave campaign presents. Eastern Europeans largely do the jobs that others don't want to do (strawberry-picking; sandwich factories etc). Indeed, owing to general British absolute superiority, many companies are forced to advertise jobs abroad - British people do not want to do these jobs.

Of course, English builders and plumbers etc have been hit, although I think this is something of thwir own fault. A vocal Brexiter at work even admitted she would only hire a Polish builder. Why? Because they do a better job for cheaper.

The living wage is also being introduced in 2020 - wages are going to increase.

Actually, the USA is part of NAFTA - the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Japan has recently become one of twelve countries, including the USA and Australia to sign the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which is another trade bloc that has been drafted and signed within the past year.

It is odd that the UK is moving away from trade blocs, the rest of the world is moving towards them.
    Do you think the trade bloc is all there is to the economics?
    And do you think the economics is all there is to the argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Conviction.

I'm actually sorry, but I'm opportunistic. (I can imagine it'd put any decision in turmoil now.)

Really again, soz.

And you're sexy af if it makes you feel any better. (Entirely irrelevant, but so what.)
    I see you two are mates but don't apologise for making your point.

ReputationRep:
    This lie that Europeans take our jobs is one of the most retarded points the Leave campaign presents. Eastern Europeans largely do the jobs that others don't want to do
    And that is ironically the biggest platitude of all.

Firstly, how do you know no one wants those jobs...needs those jobs...?

Secondly they are more likely to get all sorts of labour that yes English and british citizens in fact do need many times. Maybe you've never struggled or something, dunno. But the reality is millions of Brits of all ages would appreciate this work. Whether they "want" it, as you say, or not. I mean how dare you generalise like that?

Thirdly they get those jobs with pleasure because they know they're migrants or illegal and can't get anything more with no benefits so the "employers" like to hire them over a British citizen. Whatever the work is. It's called cheap labour. If migration is regulated, maybe foreigners can be treated better and Brits. However b**** ass cameron won't regulate it because of this myth that the we need the EU, when it's truly just him being cowardly and inept.

Lastly jobs aside, the housing situation is **** especially because of migrants. If you need this explained :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Conviction.

Really again, soz.

I'm sexy af? Well now I'm obviously gonna vote leave

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the trade bloc is all there is to the economics?
    And do you think the economics is all there is to the argument?
    I don't think I implied that at all?

He said the USA was not part of a trading bloc; I said it is part of two.

Secondly they are more likely to get all sorts of labour that yes English and british citizens in fact do need many times. Maybe you've never struggled or something, dunno. But the reality is millions of Brits of all ages would appreciate this work. Whether they "want" it, as you say, or not. I mean how dare you generalise like that?
    Because reports and interviews have been completed that have found British people do not want these jobs; hence businesses needing to advertise jobs abroad. If British people would appreciate it, they would be working in these places. The truth is that they do not. Access to benefits somewhat prompts this.'Millions' is something of a hyperbole. Considering that there are 64 million people living in Britain (including migrants) and unemployment is 5%, there are 3.2 million unemployed, including migrants.

Thirdly they get those jobs with pleasure because they know they're migrants or illegal and can't get anything more with no benefits so the "employers" like to hire them over a British citizen. Whatever the work is. It's called cheap labour. If migration is regulated, maybe foreigners can be treated better and Brits. However b**** ass cameron won't regulate it because of this myth that the we need the EU, when it's truly just him being cowardly and inept.

Lastly jobs aside, the housing situation is **** especially because of migrants. If you need this explained :nah:
    If employers were better regulated, there would be less of an issue. If employers didn't pay under the minimum wage, this issue would not be so relevant. Even if immigration were better regulated, if employers are not better regulated, this issue would still exist.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It's time for us to stand on our own two feet. We have a superior government to the rest of Europe, the most commonly spoken language (we don't neigh like horses like the French), our roads are excellent, so are our hospitals, that lot in Calais would give their right arm to live here, and I can see why. We live in the best country in the world and don't need the failing EU bringing us down.

Vote leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Am I right in guessing that you're not old enough to vote yet?

ReputationRep:
    Let's all just take a step back and remember the original post.

Brexiter or Remainer, I don't think anyone with any shred of intelligence is basing their vote on the French sounding like horses or Britain having good roads(they're a bag of **** and the French roads are a lot better ironically).

ReputationRep:

I used to agree with your views about immigrant labour but recent experience and reading have changed my mind.

Firstly, the research seems to show a minimal impact of immigration on low-skilled labour. That's the main factor behind me changing my stance.

Secondly, my personal experience working in an unskilled position this year has made me start believing that there are definitely jobs that we British consider beneath us (which doesn't make us lazy). I easily managed to get work at a local supermarket doing night shifts at a very decent pay. I swear there were maybe 4 British people on the night shift staff and that wasn't because they were discriminated against else I (and 2 other British guys) wouldn't have got the job with zero retail experience.

Obvs my anecdote is only relevant to me but the research should definitely hold some weight.

I agree about housing and population density, though.

ReputationRep:

Because reports and interviews have been completed that have found British people do not want these jobs; hence businesses needing to advertise jobs abroad. If British people would appreciate it, they would be working in these places. The truth is that they do not. Access to benefits somewhat prompts this.'Millions' is something of a hyperbole. Considering that there are 64 million people living in Britain (including migrants) and unemployment is 5%, there are 3.2 million unemployed, including migrants.

If employers were better regulated, there would be less of an issue. If employers didn't pay under the minimum wage, this issue would not be so relevant. Even if immigration were better regulated, if employers are not better regulated, this issue would still exist.

I'm talking about migration, not immigration, darling. If there's no difference at all someone notify me now.

That being said, damn the reports!? I know people really need work, and they will take what they can get. I am trying to differentiate between wanting and needing/taking. Of course no one WANTS to do manual labour. But you can't POSSIBLY say or think no one will TAKE the opportunity...

Moving on, yes if they were regulated. And again like I said nowt is being regulated because of the current administration... Cameron is saying or so I believe it's been said he's saying he will resign if we Leave. If we Remain the situation will continue, but he doesn't give a toss about the situation, just as long as he continues. He's apart of this so my opinion of him will reek in this kinda discussion. Again they pay under the minimum wage because the foreigners (not citizens) do not have the right to demand certain pay. It's mean to say the least of the employer, but whatever. As far as Brits being paid less, that's because of the population. Population and pay go hand in hand more often than not. The money has to be fractioned with who is around. Like for example seclusive communities that fend for themselves share with each other and that's why they're wealthy, ie: certain American Indian tribes and the Jewish community many times. The issue again is back to Cameron as far as the general population being underpaid. It's cowardly politicians enabling this. Not solely the unethicality of employers. Anyway the issue is the migrants. They rarely become immigrants. They rarely stay and get citizenship. But they take more than citizens and give much less. Come on.

(Original post by dairychocolate)
    I used to agree with your views about immigrant labour but recent experience and reading have changed my mind.

Firstly, the research seems to show a minimal impact of immigration on low-skilled labour. That's the main factor behind me changing my stance.

Secondly, my personal experience working in an unskilled position this year has made me start believing that there are definitely jobs that we British consider beneath us (which doesn't make us lazy). I easily managed to get work at a local supermarket doing night shifts at a very decent pay. I swear there were maybe 4 British people on the night shift staff and that wasn't because they were discriminated against else I (and 2 other British guys) wouldn't have got the job with zero retail experience.

Obvs my anecdote is only relevant to me but the research should definitely hold some weight.

I agree about housing and population density, though.
    Nothing I am saying recently has been different to anything I've said in the past, about immigration though.

Why is someone again saying immigrants to me. Like I said to Wonderland, if there's no difference between migrants and immigrants, then my whole life has been a total lie.

If we leave then the migrants/illegals/unofficial residents (not immigrants) don't leave but no more can come in. Or certainly, much much less with much tigher policies! Brilliant! Honestly!?

And also like I said to Wonderland your personal experience isn't completely worthless but on the grand scheme of things, that's lovely for you but the general reality is that the unemployed would take what they can get! Whether they have opinions against the job or not. You suck it up and do it. Speaking of personal experiences though, I've yet to hear a white Brit who I am mostly speaking to anyway say they feel jobs are beneath them? lol seriously.

JoePFR dive in boi since you wanna name call? What say you ini?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I normally don't get involved with things like this but I just had to after reading the first post on this thread.

I'm sorry but English is only the most commonly spoken language because of the horrible colonial era when they forced their way into 1/4 of the world, stole from other countries and made those countries lose their culture both by stealing ancient artefacts and forcing those countries to become English. Also most of the words in the English language are loanwords stolen from other languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_...uage_of_origin

Also I'm so sick of hearing all this stuff to do with the referendum. I can't wait until it is just all over.
    Oh bore off. I can't stand self-hating British people. This is the greatest country on Earth and it craps all over the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Let's all just take a step back and remember the original post.

Brexiter or Remainer, I don't think anyone with any shred of intelligence is basing their vote on the French sounding like horses or Britain having good roads(they're a bag of **** and the French roads are a lot better ironically).
    :toofunny: lmfao that's what that firefreezer boy said init

ReputationRep:
    Oh bore off. I can't stand self-hating British people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now this I can agree with!!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.