Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EU Referendum Results-LEAVE Countdown to Glory-Everyone Voting Leave Come!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    scenes if remain wins
    How long did it take you to google all those random photos.

And since cameron wants us to remain, and these photos were taking DURING HIS administration...that is actually what we would look like if we Remain. Especially since your 2nds photo is from the 2011 Riots. Ironic of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    So you blame Johnny Foreigner for literally everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't blame foreigners. I acknowledge the basic logic even a preschooler could understand when it comes to overpopulation.

I do blame politicians all the time for not REGULATING migration and the economic situation regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    Read about workers rights which stem from EU Directives and Regulations.

Also, good luck being 'average Joe' benefitting from Boris Jonhson's or Michael Gove's eugenics and social darwinism.
    Stay in Israel please. And do sort out Palestine before you mind UK's business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banterlopes)
    Well, it's more that I find it difficult to read your comments, as the sentences are incoherent and difficult to follow, but no matter, thank you for the synopsis.

I, personally, would not consider it racist to vote leave as such, provided the reasons you are voting for leave are sound and not based on prejudice/ distorted facts (by this, I mean facts that follow poor methodology thus are not true). Nor do I believe that 'many' remain voters voted for remain because of profiling leave voters as racist.

It is unarguable that some of the most vocal and unavoidable-y everywhere 'reasons' for voting leave have been built on prejudice and lies (the Nigel Farage poster hardly needs mentioning). And, whilst some have distanced themselves from this, using such poisonous tactics is going to leave a foul taste in the proverbial-mouth of some voters.

I also don't believe that it is 'critical thinking' that goes from 'economic argument to "oh well, they must be racist", for that is not the only reason to vote remain, nor is it the only reason to vote leave.
    Don't even start making untrue insults about my intelligence. That is so cliche and all this you have been typing seems to contradict that you have a hard time following :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're one of those people who remind me of brick walls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Stay in Israel please. And do sort out Palestine before you mind UK's business.
    I am British you bigot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yael)
    I am British you bigot.
    -steps around Yael- as millions of children die in palestine, anyone else wanna discuss this?

ReputationRep:
    You should make a thread saying this.
    It's too late. Seems like we are going to lose. I've given up on this country and the lack of patriots make me sick. I myself an asian british is much more patriotic to this country than most white people nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauryan)
    It's too late. Seems like we are going to lose. I've given up on this country and the lack of patriots make me sick. I myself an asian british is much more patriotic to this country than most white people nowadays.
    You're Asian and voted leave? Brave and wise but :\ what makes you think this? Don't be like that, have you seen a poll or summat...?

It's not over till it's over, and it's never over.

ReputationRep:
    COUNCIL ESTATES HAVE BEEN VOTING IN HIGH NUMBERS, LEAVE. I can smell them from here. Beer and kebab stained clothes. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame foreigners. I acknowledge the basic logic even a preschooler could understand when it comes to overpopulation.

I do blame politicians all the time for not REGULATING migration and the economic situation regardless.
    Over half of the migration to the UK is from outside the EU, try again. You just said that migrants are to blame for *everything*.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that's because they don't attach so much significance to achievements they never carried out in a piece of rock we were born on by chance.

ReputationRep:
    You're Asian and voted leave? Brave and wise but :\ what makes you think this? Don't be like that, have you seen a poll or summat...?

It's not over till it's over, and it's never over.
    According to yougov remain is winning 52% compared to leave 48%.
    And yeah lot of asians are voting out but most voted remain because of labour.

ReputationRep:
    1.Over half of the migration to the UK is from outside the EU, try again.
    2. you just said that migrants are to blame for *everything*.
    Link to both these claims

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    COUNCIL ESTATES HAVE BEEN VOTING IN HIGH NUMBERS, LEAVE. I can smell them from here. Beer and kebab stained clothes. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You ironically show a very ignorant view of people on the opposing end. You're judging all leavers based on my avatar :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that's because they don't attach so much significance to achievements they never carried out in a piece of rock we were born on by chance.
    Each to there own but in that case we should just turn into one big nation called earth and ban anything that promotes nationalism. Sports for example.

ReputationRep:
    According to yougov remain is winning 52% compared to leave 48%.
    And yeah lot of asians are voting out but most voted remain because of labour.
    Are they even supposed to show polls on this? And yea that's a lot of people in that 48% who will be angry no worries.

ReputationRep:
    Each to there own but in that case we should just turn into one big nation called earth and ban anything that promotes nationalism. Sports for example.
    If you had followed my other posts on the EU you would find that is exactly what I am in favour of. First of all we have individual sports, and team sports can carry on but obviously in a different format. I just don't attach pride to being born on a particular piece of rock, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Don't even start making untrue insults about my intelligence. That is so cliche and all this you have been typing seems to contradict that you have a hard time following :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're one of those people who remind me of brick walls.
    I did not make 'untrue insults' about your intelligence at all, simply the way that you type (colloquially) is hard to read. In what way does this belittle your intelligence?

Taking such a belligerent, abrasive attitude to anyone who's opinion differs from your own (and victimising yourself) is the churlish spirit which has created antagony between the two sides, akin to "8 yr old" thinking that you complained about earlier.

Also, http://goo.gl/aTkXbV this seemingly contradicts your statement that migrants are putting pressure on education etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hannan on the effect of a result either way:

http://www.conservativehome.com/thec...de-the-eu.html

ReputationRep:
    Link to both these claims
    1. House of Commons Library document SN06077, published 26 May 2016, titled 'Migration Statistics'.

2. I quoted you.

ReputationRep:
    (i live near swindon but i vote under a diff. Area but hey)

Im excited to see swindons result, im surprised to see they are one of the first expected.

Im also V GLAD THAT TURNOUT IS EXPECTED TO BE HIGH WELL DONE EVERYONE.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.