Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1466896158854.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  90.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    People have been misinformed on both sides.. welcome to politics. Heres world leader Obama saying he lied and was FOS about our special relationship and back of the queue ... which the remain campaign used to scare people with

Guess what.. LIES

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...-election-2016

You really need to get over it because the coming few years may get turbulent
    The remain campaign was undisputably more factual than the leave campaign.

And I'm over it, because I'm going to move to Germany after finishing university here anyway. It's the dumpster I'm leaving behind that I'm worried about, along with all who inhabit it. You guys are doomed. Stay smart and cautious, if you can.

ReputationRep:
    "We've got our country back" From what ffs ? from Alien life ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    The remain campaign was undisputably more factual than the leave campaign.

And I'm over it, because I'm going to move to Germany after finishing university here anyway. It's the dumpster I'm leaving behind that I'm worried about, along with all who inhabit it. You guys are doomed. Stay smart and cautious, if you can.
    I dont agree with the bolded though i am glad you are over it

ReputationRep:
    "Shut up and accept it" has been the Remain message on a lot of issues in this campaign - most notably immigration.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people who voted Leave purely for an anti-establishment vote is staggering. In doing so they've given more power to the government they hated. And now we get to answer to a PM we didn't elect.

Also the fact that the areas which voted leave are the most dependent on EU funding.

Also that since we'll be negotiating for a good EEA deal, means we'll still have free movement of labour along with free trade, and so all this talk about limiting EU migrants would have been a waste of time (never mind the fact that >50% of our migrants are outside the EU).

If the public had been properly informed about what would happen this wouldn't have happened. People believing the £350 million myth and how it would go to the NHS didn't help. Farage backed out of that one not one hour after the results came in

ReputationRep:
    We absolutely must not shut up. The referendum was won fair and square by Leave (unless you think 16 year olds should be able to vote, which I do, but anyway...) - there was a high turnout and the decision has been made.

But democracy does not end with just ONE referendum!! Those who wanted to stay in the EU make up more or less half of the population and we deserve to be heard even as we go through the process of leaving. There will be so many huge decisions made as the UK's laws are untangled from EU law and these require our input.

You can bet that UKIP would not have shut up and gone away had we voted to Remain. If Brexiters find it frustrating or irritating that we are venting our anger and concern they will have to put up with it.

ReputationRep:
    Just because we have to accept the vote, doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't criticise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    We absolutely must not shut up. The referendum was won fair and square by Leave (unless you think 16 year olds should be able to vote, which I do, but anyway...) - there was a high turnout and the decision has been made.

But democracy does not end with just ONE referendum!! Those who wanted to stay in the EU make up more or less half of the population and we deserve to be heard even as we go through the process of leaving. There will be so many huge decisions made as the UK's laws are untangled from EU law and these require our input.

You can bet that UKIP would not have shut up and gone away had we voted to Remain. If Brexiters find it frustrating or irritating that we are venting our anger and concern they will have to put up with it.
    Yep, Farage said so before the referendum even took place and let's not forget the pencil conspiracy theory.

ReputationRep:
    "shut up and accept it" is ignorant to say.

You mean to tell me that the scottish should accept that the english screwed them over.

Scotland were overwhelmingly remain yet just because england/ wales decided to leave they get screwed. Seems fair doesnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MamzZass)
    "shut up and accept it" is ignorant to say.

You mean to tell me that the scottish should accept that the english screwed them over.

Scotland were overwhelmingly remain yet just because england/ wales decided to leave they get screwed. Seems fair doesnt it?
    I don't know about being screwed over - they did, after all, vote to remain in the UK, knowing full well what this would mean if we then voted to leave the EU.

However there is clearly a huge discrepancy between our views on the EU and those of Scotland and if they have a referendum and vote to leave then good on them.

The ones I really feel sorry for are those outside of Remain territory [Northern Ireland, Scotland, London], who voted for Remain but are scattered across the England and Wales with no hope of continuing to be EU citizens.

ReputationRep:
    shut it and accept up

ReputationRep:
    We all know that if the UK had remained in the EU what we would be hearing from leave campaign is "it's fixed" "they erased the pencil votes and changed them"

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, when you right-wingers are found to have some unpopular opinion or another, you love to stand on your free speech and declare that any criticism of your opinion is an infringement on your rights. But now, when you've discovered that your political adversaries may have unpopular opinions, you seem to have no qualms about telling us to
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    shut up and accept it
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Shut up. Accept it.
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Accept it. Throwing a tantrum won't help.
    (Original post by james813)
    shut up and accept it
    (Original post by Tom_BCFC)
    shut up and accept it
    So which is it? Do we have the right to express ourselves, or don't we?

ReputationRep:
    The best thing about this referendum has been watching the remain camp (Generally left wingers/liberals) go from: "Democracy is paramount - everybody has the right to vote regardless of age, education, social status etc., everybody should have a view." to "WHOEVER VOTED LEAVE IS A RACIST BIGOT, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR OPINION YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE BECAUSE IT ISN'T THE SAME AS MINE ONLY EDUCATED PEOPLE BETWEEN 16-65 SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO VOTE, THE WORKING CLASS HAVE RUINED THIS COUNTRY"

So yeah; shut up and accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Oh, this'll be good.

What conspiracy theory do you have for us?

Votes changed by MI5? Mass hypnosis?

No, we're not going to stop you from being a painful, whiny little so and so, but we also don't have to take you seriously. Because all your whining is going to do nothing.
    Don't you find it ridiculous that less than 75% of the population voted and of them only 51% voted leave? Hardly a damning majority. Hardly a UK victory. Hardly "the majority". Hardly the whole of the UK's opinion!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    "We've got our country back" From what ffs ? from Alien life ?
    From the EU dictatorship.

ReputationRep:
    Stop moaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieBlogger)
    Don't you find it ridiculous that less than 75% of the population voted and of them only 51% voted leave? Hardly a damning majority. Hardly a UK victory. Hardly "the majority". Hardly the whole of the UK's opinion!
    They had the chance. Not my fault they didn't take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    So which is it? Do we have the right to express ourselves, or don't we?
    Why is it only you have the right to express yourselves?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.