Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should we place a massive glass dome over London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    *I would never shame a member of the working class however, I hate that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    How are you going to continue to prosper if you're going to be rationed and punished for your treason against the rest of the UK?
    Its called a tax free access market of 500 million people, maybe you've heard of it? Its literally stones throw from London and given trend of rEngland and Welsh economy, you probably'll need to start rationing internally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanderfeild)
    Its called a tax free access market of 500 million people, maybe you've heard of it? Its literally stones throw from London and given trend of rEngland and Welsh economy, you probably'll need to start rationing internally.
    I dont think you've understood. We're going to place a dome over you and control you. Good luck getting any trade deals done because we wont let you.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you've understood. We're going to place a dome over you and control you. Good luck getting any trade deals done because we wont let you.
    No I understood that is what your plan is, but given the ratio of fulfilled to backtracked plans among leave campaign... I'm not too worried.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be fun watching the pulled pork brigade trying to farm pigs instead.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO just wait few more years...

ReputationRep:
    Given the fact that London is a massive problem right in the centre of the UK, should we place a massive glass dome over it?

The problems:
    • London is not like the rest of the UK so they should require passports to leave
    • Londoners are very arrogant and think they are better than those outside London
    • Londoners always argue they're being marginalised
    • London voted to remain in the EU so we should treat it like its in the EU
    • Londoners live in a bubble so lets make it a physical one as well
    Why a glass dome?
    • We can observe these strange creatures safely from outside the dome
    • We can contain the threat to stop it bleeding into the rest of the UK
    • We can contain the snobbery and arrogance within the dome
    • We can have little doors for Londoners who get passports to the UK
    • There will be a direct train route out of the dome to the French border

What about placing glass dome over you so you don't f**** cry and make any more threads about brexit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2u)
    What about placing glass dome over you so you don't f**** cry and make any more threads about brexit?
    Triggered.

ReputationRep:
    Given the fact that London is a massive problem right in the centre of the UK, should we place a massive glass dome over it?

The problems:
    • London is not like the rest of the UK so they should require passports to leave
    • Londoners are very arrogant and think they are better than those outside London
    • Londoners always argue they're being marginalised
    • London voted to remain in the EU so we should treat it like its in the EU
    • Londoners live in a bubble so lets make it a physical one as well
    Why a glass dome?
    • We can observe these strange creatures safely from outside the dome
    • We can contain the threat to stop it bleeding into the rest of the UK
    • We can contain the snobbery and arrogance within the dome
    • We can have little doors for Londoners who get passports to the UK
    • There will be a direct train route out of the dome to the French border
    we would have to pay for it tho, as the rest of you idiots couldnt afford to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow 03)
    As a Londoner I could be sold, if you also throw in a superfast and direct transport line to Scotland that completely by-passes the rest of England.
    A teleportation device would be better, I do not even want to utilise even 1 photoreceptor in my eye towards that sh*t pile of land between scotland and london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    A teleportation device would be better, I do not even want to utilise even 1 photoreceptor in my eye towards that sh*t pile of land between scotland and london.
    Teleportation! That's the word I was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    we would have to pay for it tho, as the rest of you idiots couldnt afford to.
    I'm probably doing better than you now. Does that upset you? A little peasant from Wales is more successful than. Must suck that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably doing better than you now. Does that upset you? A little peasant from Wales is more successful than. Must suck that.
    i used to live in wales, very nice place - and Plaid are now announcing they will try keep wales in eu via independance if necessarry. so thats another dome youll need
    and good for you doing so well. seems strange then you voted like an idiot to bring the uk economy down. obviously more money than brains
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    For goodness sake. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    i used to live in wales, very nice place - and Plaid are now announcing they will try keep wales in eu via independance if necessarry. so thats another dome youll need
    and good for you doing so well. seems strange then you voted like an idiot to bring the uk economy down. obviously more money than brains
    I don't live in the UK so it was worth the risk. You've got to speculate to accumulate in this world.

ReputationRep:
    Only one way snobbery is going when Brexiters whinge about London, the favoured destination of any working-class kid who does good, although they often face marginalisation and resentment from bitter friends when they return.

Maybe you should all have voted Labour so Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon could have designed a federal settlement based on English regions. Then there would be more money outside London, but you would probably just turn around and whinge that your town was changing and there were too many darkies in it.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only non-Londoner who likes Londoners? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Build a dome

and make London pay for it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Only one way snobbery is going when Brexiters whinge about London, the favoured destination of any working-class kid who does good, although they often face marginalisation and resentment from bitter friends when they return.

Maybe you should all have voted Labour so Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon could have designed a federal settlement based on English regions. Then there would be more money outside London, but you would probably just turn around and whinge that your town was changing and there were too many darkies in it.
    I'm from a multicultural city thanks. Its not the immigrants that are the problem. Its the home grown entitled social justice warriors who are beyond arrogant and think they're owed everything on a plate. They live off the bank of mum and dad and then when faced with the real world cry about being marginalised and so forth. Booo hoooo!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)

i should have guessed youd side with brexiters also. i dont think youve ever posted a view here that ive regarded as intelligent

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.