• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Not a huge fan right now, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it soon enough. It tends to be the same with every change.

(Original post by aamirac)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I didn't intend this to offend anyone in any way. I'm just saying what I think about it
    The whole point of this forum is for people to raise their opinions, so don't feel as though you've offended anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya,

You may have noticed a few new updates to the site today, they include:
    1. Fixing uploaded images so they are full size and not thumbnails (again)
    2. Added a Start New Thread button to all thread pages, whereas before they were only on Forum pages.
    3. Watched thread notifications - in a limited manner so as not to bombard you
    4. Moved user info into the hover menu on thread pages to reduce the wasted white space in discussions
    5. Changed quotes so they are reduced in size and you click a 'see more' link to read the full thing so that you can see the full thread more easily
    Jack
    I love the changes. Good stuff!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I see that, for sufficiently long posts, the blank space isn't going to much use :lol:

Name:  Capture15.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  3.0 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Would it be possible to disable seeing signatures from individual users? I like seeing sigs but some (looks above) are just stupidly big.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Would it be possible to disable seeing signatures from individual users? I like seeing sigs but some (looks above) are just stupidly big.
    :curious:

Aren't they unchanged in that you have to click on the blue dot to actually see them? (if your settings are set like that, of course)

Edit: I missed the crucial bit of your post, never mind
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    I don't think so, I'm afraid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Definitely a good idea to compress quotes.

ReputationRep:
    I made a suggestion ages ago to reduce the limit on sigs and it wasn't well received.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have noticed that quotes are reduced in length. Good idea. So I have not to reduced them by myself anylonger.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.