• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I went to the wedding dress boutique and lets just say my choice to wear purple didn't go down well with the shop assistant :laugh: I did try on some white and ivory dresses but it wasn't for me. I had a look at their purple coloured bridesmaids dresses but they were more lilac and I'm wanting more of a deep purple as I want it to match the colour of my partner's kilt that he'll be wearing which will be this tartanAttachment 561996

I'm enjoying wedding planning atm. Its nice that its not too close but not too far away either. We have narrowed it down to 3 locations now and some are wanting very advance notice so we need to decide fully soon
    You'd expect an assistant to be happy with whatever a bride wants, sorry that you got one that was so rubbish. So you want to go for like a cadbury purple colour then? Lilac does seem to be the more popular colour, ebay has loads in dark purples but its always up to you if you think that's a bit risky or not, i m sure you'll have find exactly what you're after in time
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You'd expect an assistant to be happy with whatever a bride wants, sorry that you got one that was so rubbish. So you want to go for like a cadbury purple colour then? Lilac does seem to be the more popular colour, ebay has loads in dark purples but its always up to you if you think that's a bit risky or not, i m sure you'll have find exactly what you're after in time
    Yeah that's the kind of purple I'm after :laugh: couldn't think of the exact purple shade but you've got it in one

Yeah I've found a few dresses online that I like and they range from about £70 to £150 so they aren't too expensive so I might buy them in the future to see what they are like if they aren't as good as I'd hoped, I can always return them. My mum got her wedding dress and my bridesmaids dress from amazon and we had no problems and the dresses were lovely but you do have to be careful when you buy online. I've seen so many horror stories about buying dresses online
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yeah that's the kind of purple I'm after :laugh: couldn't think of the exact purple shade but you've got it in one

Yeah I've found a few dresses online that I like and they range from about £70 to £150 so they aren't too expensive so I might buy them in the future to see what they are like if they aren't as good as I'd hoped, I can always return them. My mum got her wedding dress and my bridesmaids dress from amazon and we had no problems and the dresses were lovely but you do have to be careful when you buy online. I've seen so many horror stories about buying dresses online
    It's the purple i want as a wedding theme, took a bit of looking to find out what on earth people call it:P You're right you can find some great stuff online, my mums wedding dress was from ebay and it was beautiful and only £100. But yes you do have to be careful,there's loads of websites with tips to avoid horror stories but i think if you find someone with brilliant feedback and a uk seller, fingers crossed you'll have a good experience.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'd wear whatever feels right. White is fine, but black, red, gold, silver, blue etc can all be pretty.

I mean, my mum wore a dark green suit to her wedding!

ReputationRep:
    was actually debating this very question myself. i was thinking about the possibility of wearing a black one, but will probably just end up staying with the white and traditional option.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like a white wedding dress. Its traditional and its the only chance i'm going to have to wear one. I find coloured dresses a little Prom dress-y and i want to be older than that when i walk down the aisle. Nothing against it if you want to wear one though all dresses are individual as much as the girl that wears them Congratulations on your expected wedding
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Samonia)
    I would like a white wedding dress. Its traditional and its the only chance i'm going to have to wear one. I find coloured dresses a little Prom dress-y and i want to be older than that when i walk down the aisle. Nothing against it if you want to wear one though all dresses are individual as much as the girl that wears them Congratulations on your expected wedding
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On my wedding im want to be wearing a traditional maroon lengha with heavy embroidery. I find them so beautiful. Really cant wait till i get to wear one.

Congratulations by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Silk-Wedding-Dress-Non-White-Dresses-Red-Knee-Length-Ball-Gown-Floor-Length-Court-Train-Beading.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  153.5 KB
    i kind of like something like this (link if it doesn't show). mostly dark but with bits of white and a wedding dress 'shape' so it's almost like an homage to a traditional dress.
    but then again I hate weddings so much I'm not going to subject anyone else to come to the boring ass bit where we actually get married, just the party afterwards so I won't be having a big white church or whatever so there wouldn't really be a 'theme' to fit with...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    On my wedding im want to be wearing a traditional maroon lengha with heavy embroidery. I find them so beautiful. Really cant wait till i get to wear one.

Congratulations by the way.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  6_9300F.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  56.1 KB
    OML I love this :love::lovedup:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Name:  6_9300F.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  56.1 KB
    OML I love this :love::lovedup:
    I love the style of this dress. Its kind of mermaid like I wouldn't mind a dress in a similar style but in purple

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love the style of this dress. Its kind of mermaid like I wouldn't mind a dress in a similar style but in purple

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, yeah it's like mermaid with a some tulle Too much 'say yes to the dress' on my turf I'll try finding one Would you like a fade/light purple or a much darker purple?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Same, yeah it's like mermaid with a some tulle Too much 'say yes to the dress' on my turf I'll try finding one Would you like a fade/light purple or a much darker purple?
    Much darker purple I've got my heart set on this dress atm :love: I'm only 5 foot 3 though so would need a good few inches cut off the bottom to my ankles :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Much darker purple I've got my heart set on this dress atm :love: I'm only 5 foot 3 though so would need a good few inches cut off the bottom to my ankles :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awhhh cute! That's pretty! I'll try finding onee, I'll let you know when I hit the jackpot!

ReputationRep:
    for ours, as my boyf is in the military, his 2's is brown so its gonna be hard to avoid white but im having mine custom made from 2 differnet dresses so i can still squeeze some pink in to an otherwise white dress

ReputationRep:
    Name:  wpid-dark-purple-wedding-dresses-2016-2017-3.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  31.6 KB Attachment 562184562186 Attachment 562184562186562200

I found these Spock's Socks
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PRSOM, those are all absolutely gorgeous :love:

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM, those are all absolutely gorgeous :love:
    Ikr sooo pretty! Go with your heart and you'll look beautiful in which ever dress you wear! :daydreaming::cute:

ReputationRep:
    I never fancied the idea of a white dress myself. Think I might go with navy when I get married.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.