Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Me and more than half the country.
    48% at best, not "more than half".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    You clearly missed the point of that quote. Just because people voted to leave, that doesn't make them racist.

In any case, if you're unwilling to "negotiate with racists" then don't complain if race relations worsen. The only way things improve is if you come together and fight something as a whole. Racism is the worst and most vehement ism there is and it's disgusting that it's still of pertinence, but ignoring its existence is reckless and irresponsible.
    Its only the left who are fighting racism. Negotiating with racists isn't going to solve racism, is it?

(Original post by joecphillips)
    http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k...e-born-racist/

A demonstration of the morals the left have, abuse white children by teaching them to hate themselves whilst rewarding black children for just being black.
    Yeah, I think you've misunderstood what that school is about. And they dont represent the left anyway, an ymore than Israel represents you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I live in a constituency where UKIP almost won. I've met 1 EU immigrant in my life.
    What a big, fat lie.
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    These are just people that can't get jobs and don't want to take responsibility for themselves, so they have to blame everyone else.
    Yeah, lazy unemployed people! cut their benefits!
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Racists don't deserve our time of day. Stop spouting the same apologist drawl
    You aren't better than racists by making such a generalisation of an entire category of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    What kind of jobs? You also forgot to take into account pensioners.
    I did think about pensioners, but they aren't going to be mad that someone is stealing their job as they are retired..
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/february2016 Looking again the proportion of economically inactive people is quite high, so I suppose one would need to ascertain why exactly these people are inactive. Given here is "examples of economically inactive people include people not looking for work because they are students, looking after the family or home, because of illness or disability or because they have retired." Does this also consist of people who just can't be bothered to look for work? Perhaps. So I guess the percentage could be higher. But many people are claiming that loads of leavers are angry at immigrants "stealing" their jobs without any real substantiation. edit: ****ing hell I am sick of TSR not spacing things out, obviously remove the "looking" to get that link..

ReputationRep:
    Who will replace Farage: Nuttall? Evans? Carswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Its only the left who are fighting racism. Negotiating with racists isn't going to solve racism, is it?

Yeah, I think you've misunderstood what that school is about. And they dont represent the left anyway, an ymore than Israel represents you.
    Please enlighten me into what they are about, from my position they are giving people advantages for their skin colour while abusing the other kids.

ReputationRep:
    I think Douglas Carswell should replace Nigel Farage as leader because he is the party's only MP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I think UKIP is moving in a different direction from Farage.Farage was basically "blue UKIP" - he wanted withdrawal from the EU so the UK could become a low tax, deregulated economy. He's talked about things like slashing the public sector, privatizing the NHS, having a flat tax rate, scrapping the minimum wage and so on. "Blue UKIP" was similar to the right wing of the Conservative party which is why he was pitching for the likes of Carswell (who is also likely on his way out of UKIP) and Reckless to defect.However, "blue UKIP" is more or less redundant now that Brexit has won because the Conservative Eurosceptics don't need a new party and also to the kind of traditional Tory who would have considered voting UKIP, they can be put off by the fact UKIP looks a bit amateurish and has some shady characters who are not very conservative in their views.The bigger rise in UKIP in recent times has been "red UKIP" which is a working class, protectionist movement who are challenging Labour in working class areas, as the party who is "in touch with the working class" whereas Labour are seen as a metropolitan middle class liberal party. They are opposed to immigration but also campaign on low wages, poor working conditions, lack of funding for the NHS and schools etc. The £350m a week for the NHS was a pitch to red UKIPers. They aren't voting UKIP because they support Farage and his City mates getting tax breaks while he slashes public services and privatises the NHS. They are voting UKIP because they are fed up with their lives being crap and want to get something back off the establishment.I think UKIP will now move in this direction and will be a threat to Labour and if Labour continue to be in disarray, they could pick up seats but I think they will promote quite a left wing agenda (on economic issues, not social issues) rather than campaign for the unrestrained free market that Farage and his pals would like.In general the future for UKIP is uncertain without Farage. They need leadership. The party has seemed quite disorganised and riven with internal squabbling and they could easily break apart. They may also struggle for funding now the Europe issue is settled because the wealthier donors who were basically Eurosceptic former Tories, will now switch to funding the Tories as they can at least influence the kind of Brexit Britain they want there.
    This is exactly what Marine Le Pen has done in France. Her father was pro-business, whilst she has recycled the program of the Communist Party, thus winning the former industrial basins of the North and East.

ReputationRep:
    Please enlighten me into what they are about, from my position they are giving people advantages for their skin colour while abusing the other kids.
    They are giving already disadvantaged childen advantages to level the playing field.

Abusing the other kids? Elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    If There are 25 chocolates I eat 13 you eat 12 who had the majority? The answer is clear

Holding a referendum every 2 minutes because the result doesn't go the way you want isn't democracy, it was clearly stated that this would be the only referendum.

How can he be involved? He isn't an mp and all he has done is leave the party he can still put pressure on the government anyway.
    Why are you pretending I said other things? You're acting like I 'm someone else entirely. Read what I'm saying or don't reply, it's a waste of time.

I didn't say 52% isn't a majority.

I didn't say hold a referendum every 2 minutes.

I didn't say I was a Remainer, in fact I said I was neutral.

I didn't say he was an MP.

How can he be involved if he reisgns from the party that stood for these beliefs and he doesn't want to be an MP?

If you want to disagree with things I've said but can't think of how to disagree with it, perhaps rather than this tactical approach you should consider changing your view. Or at least be in denial in silence.

If you're going to continue replying, you must re-read my replies and reply with relevance and honesty, or I'll have to stop. I have little interest in a big argument, and absolutely none in a stereotypical internet argument.

ReputationRep:
    I am very Eu critical and had great sympathy for Brexit voters, for obvious reasons. However, I find it *very* irresponsible that the lead figures are slowly backing off now. That was not part of the deal.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope we soon gain our true independence that Farage set out to achieve.. great job sir, now go and take it easy with a nice cold pint.

If only we had a passionate leader and party that could really now improve things here in the UK.. hopefully soon we will be able to make the most of our wonderful NHS and actually get our kids into a local dentist or a doctors appointment. Hopefully soon, hospital beds will be available for all that need them. Hopefully soon, 1st choice school places will be available again. Hopefully soon, people won't rely on food banks to eat! Hopefully soon, well you get the picture!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    They are giving already disadvantaged childen advantages to level the playing field.

Abusing the other kids? Elaborate.
    Teaching kids to hate themselves to me is abuse.

If you have actually read about this school you would realise these aren't disadvantaged kids this is an elite school they are not giving cupcakes to kids from the ghetto, do you not see how creating a racial divide like this won't actually solve any problems.

This isn't evening a playing field how would you react if I ran a school and deliberately stopped black kids having a cupcake and instead gave them classes on how they are responsible for the majority of murders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Who will replace Farage: Nuttall? Evans? Carswell?
    Two borderline whackjobs and one nice but rather confused old man.

The choice is amazing, makes me wish I was in UKIP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Or perhaps none of them, people only ever think of headline figures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I get the feeling UKIP is a bit of a one-man band but we'll see how they do with a new leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Why are you pretending I said other things? You're acting like I 'm someone else entirely. Read what I'm saying or don't reply, it's a waste of time.

I didn't say 52% isn't a majority.

I didn't say hold a referendum every 2 minutes.

I didn't say I was a Remainer, in fact I said I was neutral.

I didn't say he was an MP.

How can he be involved if he reisgns from the party that stood for these beliefs and he doesn't want to be an MP?

If you want to disagree with things I've said but can't think of how to disagree with it, perhaps rather than this tactical approach you should consider changing your view. Or at least be in denial in silence.

If you're going to continue replying, you must re-read my replies and reply with relevance and honesty, or I'll have to stop. I have little interest in a big argument, and absolutely none in a stereotypical internet argument.
    You said it wasn't clear, was my example clear or not? It also had a 4% difference

No you just talk about holding more referendums just after a referendum has been held

i never said you said you were a remainer but the demand for a second referendum is coming from people who want to remain that is who the 'you' refers to in that statement

Where did I say you had said he was an mp?

People have heard of him and he is well known, you do not have to be part of a party to put pressure on politicians.

ReputationRep:
    Farage should do War history programmes.

ReputationRep:
    No-one will replace him. you know what we need, new political parties, the Labour party clearly needs to split in two and the Blairite wing of Labour and the Tories needs to become one, and the left of Labour another, and social Conservative Tories another. General elections resulting in a coalition system between these three and some others may work rather well.

I am sad and disappointed to hear it. I had hoped to see him as Prime Minister one day.:sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.