Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you class buying expensive clothes as rubbish Watch

ReputationRep:
    Trust me I like good quality items, brands like true religion Ralph Lauren etc are top quality brands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struggler07)
    Like if you spend £100 on jeans, jackets for £150 etc mum says I waste my money on foolishness what do you guys think
    it depends...id you work really hard or save for ages because ypu fins something you love then no ot's not rubbish at all. If you are someone witha fine eye for detail and quite picky, then the things you love are just the things you love (regardless of the price)

but if you're one of those people who buy just to keep up with trends (which they probs don't truly understand the character of the trend) or they're just **** at spending money.. then yeah I guess rubissh

ReputationRep:
    Like if you spend £100 on jeans, jackets for £150 etc mum says I waste my money on foolishness what do you guys think
    it depends...id you work really hard or save for ages because ypu fins something you love then no ot's not rubbish at all. If you are someone witha fine eye for detail and quite picky, then the things you love are just the things you love (regardless of the price)

but if you're one of those people who buy just to keep up with trends (which they probs don't truly understand the character of the trend) or they're just **** at spending money.. then yeah I guess rubissh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah £100 on one item is expensive but you get what you payed for

ReputationRep:
    i bought 5 shirts for £2.50 at the weekend. *

ReputationRep:
    Good quality

ReputationRep:
    Trust me expensive clothes are made of better materials it would last longer ,you get what you payed for in the end you save money
    I understand what you're saying, I personally don't mind buying an expensive jackets, jeans or trainers (jordans, timberlands ) as they look great and I will use them for a long time. However I have come across stuff expensive which looks awful despite being made from good material (example yeezys) so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    That's true you gotta balance it out, you can't be too cheap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.