Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are punishment for crimes so lame? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    Like I said originally.. CCTV is conclusive enough, i.e body language and you can actually see it there on camera.

The justice system is a joke! It needs HUGE change.. we are worse than we ever have been!
    CCTV is a joke. Sure if you can follow a known person on it till they can be arrested in person it can be fairly conclusive, or it can be used to narrow down suspects to then be identified by a hopefully more conclusive means, but if you're thinking you can magically ID a person and identify a crime from a cheap 10 yr old CCTV system some shopkeeper put in to look fancy then I've got news for you.

ReputationRep:
    Privacy is needed only in certain situations. If out in public and therefor in a situation you might be subjected to a criminal activity... it would be a very useful tool.

I can see how this technology could be abused in some situations however for me the pro's outweigh the con's
    I actually can't believe you're arguing in favour of everyone being forced to record everything they do when in public

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    I actually can't believe you're arguing in favour of everyone being forced to record everything they do when in public

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Forced?? It is advised.. for your own protection or protection of other potential victims.. I can't believe you wouldn't want this. Strange!

ReputationRep:
    Forced?? It is advised.. for your own protection or protection of other potential victims.. I can't believe you wouldn't want this. Strange!
    That isn't how it came across. Even so can you not see potential problems? Imagine you walk through an area highly populated with children, I'm not sure how happy their parents will be with you having their kids on film. Also if someone was going to mug a person and saw their personal recording device I'd force them to delete the footage

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.