Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

27% of young people (under 25) voted to Leave - has anyone met any of these 27%? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who admitted to voting for "leave" under 25. But TSR/university etc is probably an unrepresentative sample. Not wanting to stereotype, but perhaps people under 25 without a university education were more likely to vote leave?

ReputationRep:
    Voted leave. 23 and a Masters student.

ReputationRep:
    19, from London too

You're more than welcome. Nice to meet you too.

ReputationRep:
    Sign up for site that keeps an eye on failed leave promises:https://twitter.com/VoteLeaveWatch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Sign up for site that keeps an eye on failed leave promises:https://twitter.com/VoteLeaveWatch
    EEA + Free movement. Seriously. look it up, and stop this obsessive propagandizing to give away our democracy and law making for ever.
    It is quite mad. I would wager that your brain just is not willing to process that we can have free movement outside the EU, you are in a denial state so are impervious.

ReputationRep:
    Under 25 and voted leave. I'm a language graduate too 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Sounds like a nice bit of propaganda...
    Unfortunately no, I had to spend 2 years listening to him. Everyone who knows him knows he's racists.

Last year we went on a trip with both groups and he saw some darker skinned people walking as we rode past and said something like "immigrants should all be shot". The teacher riding with us heard and his wife is Russian. Safe to say, there was quite a bit of yelling and they never got along.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps they have simply not told you...to many of their peers saying they voted to leave would be like saying they just stabbed a kitten to death I'm an undergraduate at Warwick university. Don't have a part-time job during term time or a job at home (South Wales) during summer time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've not met a single one.

Anyone under 25 care to own up why you did it and what is your background (granduate, unemployed, location) - Give us a clue..

Biggest leave voting areas Boston and Great Yarmouth.
    Any young people from those town? Gut feeling is they are not particularly poor areas - pretty average.

cheers FredOrJohn
    maybe you should get out more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Own up? As if voting leave was somehow an immoral act? We voted for what we thought was best for our country and there's nothing immoral about that at all.

I hate to brag but I'm fed up with all this "leave voters are stupid" nonsense, so I'm not going to hold back. Sorry, this is going to come across really cocky. I'm 18, about to start a chemical physics masters at either Bristol or Sheffield and I also happen to be one of the 2015 International Space Design Competition UK champions. But obviously I'm a total doofus because I voted leave.

EDIT: As for my reasons, have you ever taken the time to look at how the EU functions? Or at what's actually written in the Lisbon treaty? The whole system is rotten to the core.
    Don't sweat it. A lot of the vocal Remain youth vote are educated, yes, but they're mediocre students. The people who think because they got/set for a 2:2 at a redbrick in psychology or something, they're the chosen intellectual elite of society, rather than simply of average to above average intelligence fodder for office/retail work.

It's the difference between thinking you know all the facts, and actually having the skills and intellect to weigh them and make a reasonable assessment.
    Plenty of people made informed voting choices (one way or the other). If they're anything like me I'm mostly keeping my leave vote to myself in my normal day-to-day life. Firstly because I buy into the concept of not bringing politics or religion into polite conversation, and secondly because I feel no need to challenge people on their voting choices nor deal with any harassment and abuse for having voted differently to them.

The amazing immaturity from many young remain voters has been a great incite into how infantile a lot of the UK public remain into young adulthood these days.
    I'm pretty sure, not all that long ago, acting the way many of them have would be seen as an utter act of childish immaturity which would shame not only their parents but themselves.

Times, they always a changin'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    maybe you should get out more
    Graduates THIS SUMMER are already failing to get some EU jobs that they might well have got just a few months ago...

Watch this space as the truth hits home.

You leave posters have robbed students from this site and elsewhere of their jobs all over Europe. From this SUMMER - NOW..

ReputationRep:
    Graduates THIS SUMMER are already failing to get some EU jobs that they might well have got just a few months ago...

You leave posters have robbed students from this site and elsewhere of their jobs all over Europe. From this SUMMER - NOW..
    Jobs that non citizens of the countries should not be entitled to without the correct permits and background checks *
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

oh no, we’re going to have to apply for visas like everywhere else! we’re going to have to earn our right to be in those countries rather than be a little entitled crybaby!

ReputationRep:
    21, North Wales, middle class background, in university. Don't have to look far OP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    "Let's slate the leave campaign for the government not doing things nobody promised"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol have a good inkling Brexit actually aided my getting my job.
    21, Law grad.
    Not a whiner.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs, are you STILL banging on (and on and on and on and on) about it?

Can't you see your selfish reasons for wanting to stay do not trump the reasons for people wanting out.

Give it a rest. It has become utterly tedious

ReputationRep:
    I voted leave. I'm 23, graduated from Cambridge, hold a master's in law and will be studying to become a barrister on a full scholarship from September. Happy to be part of the Peasants' Revolt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenice)
    Care to explain? Our MPs are now the only ones who will be formulating our day to day legislation
    And any of those laws they formulate still have to be voted on by an unaccountable, unelected second chamber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    And any of those laws they formulate still have to be voted on by an unaccountable, unelected second chamber.
    Read. A. Book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parlia..._1911_and_1949

Meanwhile, the Commons can do absolutely nothing about EU law, however much their constituents oppose it or however much it is contrary to the national interest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.