The Student Room Group

Do people who walk slowly irritate you?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I generally walk quite quickly, so I'm always overtaking people. It's a bother if they are blocking my way. Edinburgh during the Fringe is a constant game of weaving in and out of crowds of slow-moving people, mostly tourists 😅
I obvvers live in a urban city around "chavs" so it's a pretty pedestrian lifestyle :cool: but the prams taking up the whole pavement? Then they have the nerve to walk like they're sight seeing or summat :colonhash:

I also hate when they're in a group right and then each member of the group either is in a huge blockade and none of em has the sense or courtesy to split up so you can walk through, so you gotta push through and maybe fight afters :colonhash: or walk around em in the road or the spot with dog poo.

Or when they passive aggressively make their small kids take up all the space knowing no one's just gonna plow a kid down so you gotta lecture em gruffly bout how to teach their kids manners. Never ends well.

But then again I walk fast and ppl gotta tell me to slow down or run after me, and I never say excuse me or nothing anyway :biggrin:
Slow people - Ew
Slow people and a phone in their hands - HATE!

Places such as Primark, Westfield shopping centers or Underground are full of them :unimpressed: Sadly, I can't avoid underground because I commute to work daily with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, I hate those people because they make me curve a lot to pass them and sometimes there are 4/5 people together and they stop blocking the whole road
Reply 84
I am a slow walker myself so no
I have my excuses for walking slowly, but I can't stand people who walk slowly and right in the way either. My mum is terrible for it. It's genuinely embarrassing to be in Tesco with her when she's walking really slowly right down the middle of the isles. I think it's fine if people are slow, just better if they make sure other people who want to move around quicker can get past. It's just common sense and politeness, really. I always stick to edges of pavements and try not to take too long when I'm in the isles of shops. I can't stand walking with people who walk quickly though :tongue:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Y'all kids always in a hurry these days. Unplug, disconnect, raise your eyes up, take a deep breath, and engage with the world around you! :rolleyes:

you're not a true Londoner :mmm:
I voted yes. The people who walk slowly are annoying- they seem to speed up when you want to overtake just to block you off. The most annoying are the ones who walk very slowly but occasionaly forget how to walk and they start walking when you try and get past them, again blocking you off
Original post by Foo.mp3
IKR? Those huffy and puffy zombies need to rediscover their humanity! It's a work in progress, and I'm on it :horse:

I like being a fast walker,I can't stand slow walkers especially those god damn tourists:fuhrer:
I don't mind people walking slowly if I can get past, but if there's a whole group of people taking up the whole path and walking very slowly it can be irritating.
When you're 6ft 5 & have a natural cadence of over 3mph then yes slow walkers are very irritating! Still, as long as I'm not walking with them or their not blocking up the whole path then that's fine.

Quick Reply

Latest