Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you do A-leves in one year !!!! Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you teach yourself A-levels
    yes
    66.67%
    no
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    so, is there a chance of going to somewhere like Cambridge if I take three years or teach myself in one year. If so what would I need to do to give myself any chance.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    more

someone on TSR did 3 full in just a few months
    He did, but in the end he wasn't able to do very well.

It was really funny. I laughed when he confessed on youtube that his exams didn't go as well as he hoped, and he only covered like a quarter of all the time he wanted to do.

No doubt he was working at an incredible speed, but there's a limit to what can be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 171819)
    so, is there a chance of going to somewhere like Cambridge if I take three years or teach myself in one year. If so what would I need to do to give myself any chance.....
    Absolutely not, it would not make any difference at all. Not one jot.

Just do well in your A-levels over two years. That's the magic secret.

ReputationRep:
    i was referring to Zacken and physicsmaths but you work too
    Lol i got exactly 198/200. Lost method marks cause man thought shiz was trivial

ReputationRep:
    I've had a gap year this year and taught myself a whole a A Level in about 4 months, it's definitely possible you just need to be able to spend time and effort on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 171819)
    Could you teach yourself the content for both AS and A2 in one year, sit exams for both? How many could you do...

Pros and cons for oxbridge and or ucl etc.
    It is definitely possible. I attempted to self-teach all of A level Physics, Maths and Further Maths in three months. Except for few further maths units which were disaster, I feel confident about myself.
    So, if you are dedicated enough, you could have excellent results.

I would say three is ideal.

ReputationRep:
    I'd understand in the case of maths yeah, two a year doesn't seem mental. I wish I did econ A2 along with my AS but oh well. Regardless of the subject, it's not that mad doing two. Three might be difficult depending on your work ethic, 4 is :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)

It was really funny. I laughed when he confessed on youtube that his exams didn't go as well as he hoped, and he only covered like a quarter of all the time he wanted to do.

No doubt he was working at an incredible speed, but there's a limit to what can be done.
    Who are you talking about?

Student403 is talking about Zacken, who's going to get A*A*A at worst in his A-levels.

I'm interested to see this YouTube channel.

(Original post by Imperion)
    I'd understand in the case of maths yeah, two a year doesn't seem mental. I wish I did econ A2 along with my AS but oh well. Regardless of the subject, it's not that mad doing two. Three might be difficult depending on your work ethic, 4 is :erm:
    but econ is hella hard fam

ReputationRep:

clearly we're not talking about the same person

I'm talking about Zacken who's got a minimum of A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    but econ is hella hard fam
    I don't quite mind it actually and A2 econ just eclipses AS in every way. Physics however... physics is the demon in my life :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    clearly we're not talking about the same person

I'm talking about Zacken who's got a minimum of A*A*A
    I was talking about this guy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3828473

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about this guy http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3828473
    well that guy's clearly an idiot if he wants to spend 16 hours a day studying

ReputationRep:
    oh dear i just read through this thread and wow what can i say - someone got a little bit cocky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    oh dear i just read through this thread and wow what can i say - someone got a little bit cocky
    What zackens blog. Yeh hes a proper annoying little prick sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do-able yeah, I failed as and a2 (very very badly) then retook them both again in the same year. What really helped me doing it though, was being around other people doing the same thing, so you have a sense of accountability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    What zackens blog. Yeh hes a proper annoying little prick sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh the guy who did the A levels in 4 months ... do you know what grades he actually ended up with in the end ?

ReputationRep:
    yh the guy who did the A levels in 4 months ... do you know what grades he actually ended up with in the end ?
    There's more than one guy.

ReputationRep:
    Who zacken. Yeh he got CBD and SS in some stupid step things which i heard r hard but idk. Seems like they easy since nothing gets harder then a level maths and fm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Who zacken. Yeh he got CBD and SS in some stupid step things which i heard r hard but idk. Seems like they easy since nothing gets harder then a level maths and fm.
    shouldn't have done it in 4 months. what an idiot

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't have done it in 4 months. what an idiot
    bye bye cambridge hello london met

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.