Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chittesh's Journey to 3 A*s at A-Level Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    S1 is a module I think anyone is able to understand if they put some effort into it
    I ended up with 93/100 and I wasn't the best at stats lol
    Hopefully I can do the same . I haven't started yet I'm just being lazy I've only done C1 and it took me like 3 days because I done it last year too lol. Going to start C2 ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    Thanks a lot yea gcses to me test if you can do lots of subjects at a "skimming the surface" level, then alevel is a little more in depth in a select few subjects. I think alevels suit some people better (such as me) because I can do maths and science and thats about it :laugh:, others do very well at gcse then not so well at alevels and then very smart people do well in both!

starting a gap year, going to study maths and computer science.

I assumed you did because you're doing maths over summer, whoops. Hopefully you grow to love it as you work through further maths

also im getting this too, i didnt get a notification for your reply, i just happened to read it when looking thorugh the thread. TSR itself must be bugged, hopefully its fixed soon
    Tbh, as I said I was lazy asf. I still am and hence why to get out of that mode I am doing maths during my holidays, still I am basically not doing it but I was... Now I've stopped and just do 2 past papers everyday lol which is no effort. Once I start doing Solomon papers it counts because they really require thinking lol and sometimes piss you off.

Good luck for your degree and I hope you do well . In terms of TSR, it's making me mad too because I don't like missing replies especially if someone asks me a question - makes me feel guilty lol. It is definitely bugged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    have you forgotten about your blog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naruke)
    have you forgotten about your blog?
    Nope, I just haven't been revising so I won't update it until I start.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to argue with you. All I'm going to say is let's see, you pleb.
    I don't know how intelligent you are, and you don't know the same about me. At the end of the day, it isn't about if I get it or not - if I tried my best, I'll be happy. I think if I do, then I will definitely get 2 A*s at minimum (hopefully).

I've said that to others, once. I said that to my friend and he somehow beat everyone expect me but that's because I had already done my GCSE Maths. I understand that was GCSE - this is A-level, but there is a chance. Again, let's just see.

It's fine, thanks Josh. I don't think that's the case, Economics might be my downside. Maths and Further Maths won't have any problems, I'll be revising too much to not get an A* lol. I've started FP1 and it's quite good - only getting questions wrong at the very end of the chapter (I find them hard lol). Just keep following my blog buddy, I hope to make you interested in my progress .

Btw, did you also do Maths and Further Maths at A-level?

Thanks , did you do any of the 3 A-levels that I am thinking to take?
    I know I should get 2 As minimum, it's just those requirements (180 UMS average over C3 and C4 and 270 UMS average over 3 A2 modules for Further Maths) which I don't like.
    savageeee
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KinggBubba)
    You're not going to get 3 a stars lol, if you do that bad in GCSEs even without any revision there is no way in hell that you will get 3 a stars. A stars are awarded to exceptional students which clearly you aren't. I've done my a levels now so I'm speaking from experience and trust me you're aren't the chap who gets three a stars, neither am I. Stop messing around with this **** and enjoy your holiday you pleb.
    what did you get then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    what did you get then
    I forgot already lol, I think it was 7 A*s, 2 As, 1 B and 1 D.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I forgot already lol, I think it was 7 A*s, 2 As, 1 B and 1 D.
    nah i was asking the cocky shite not you aha

ReputationRep:
    nah i was asking the cocky shite not you aha
    Lmao, just clocked. Late night, was tired lmao didn't see!
    Need to start revising tomorrow so I can update this blog again lol and actually get good grades again!

How are A-levels going for you or whatever you're currently doing?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, just clocked. Late night, was tired lmao didn't see!
    Need to start revising tomorrow so I can update this blog again lol and actually get good grades again!

How are A-levels going for you or whatever you're currently doing?
    It’s cool lmao.
    I’m doing my GCSE’s, and I’m doing French, History, Spanish and Computing as well as RS, English Lang&Lit, Maths and Triple Science. TBH it’s going way better than KS3. How are your A-Levels going?

ReputationRep:
    It’s cool lmao.
    I’m doing my GCSE’s, and I’m doing French, History, Spanish and Computing as well as RS, English Lang&Lit, Maths and Triple Science. TBH it’s going way better than KS3. How are your A-Levels going?
    Lol . That's good, I've followed your thread now :P. Nice subjects, good luck on them! Just make sure you study hard lol because since you're doing 9-1 it's going to be hard and way more competitive. My A-levels are going normal, probably **** just like my GCSEs went until the exams lmao which I thought went bad, but I'm just a fluke . Once I start revising soon I'll hopefully merk it!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lol . That's good, I've followed your thread now :P. Nice subjects, good luck on them! Just make sure you study hard lol because since you're doing 9-1 it's going to be hard and way more competitive. My A-levels are going normal, probably **** just like my GCSEs went until the exams lmao which I thought went bad, but I'm just a fluke . Once I start revising soon I'll hopefully merk it!
    Thanks, I know they’ll be harder! Let’s hope you get 3 A*s!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I know they’ll be harder! Let’s hope you get 3 A*s!
    Np, let's hope I do lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.