Turn on thread page Beta

How much do your parents spend on your birthday? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My dad forgot mine this year. my 20th too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    :jumphug: n my bday is aug 11 so we'll see what happens as well. I'm grown so I don't get gifts from my folks, we just come together for a dinner and drinks, but people slip me some money even when I refuse. Someone better slip man a iPhone

you said you're in your 20s. You still get bday money from your folks? :teehee:
    Awwhhh cool! So its coming up realll quickk :hugs:Awhhh, well same ngl lool but I've got high hopes for an ipad but doubt ima get it, as if my parents are gonaa spill out 700 quid. That's alright, I can't waitttttttttttt!

ReputationRep:
    last birthday my dad spent a grand total of 70 pounds on my birthday dinner. although it was just the two of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Awwhhh cool! So its coming up realll quickk :hugs:Awhhh, well same ngl lool but I've got high hopes for an ipad but doubt ima get it, as if my parents are gonaa spill out 700 quid. That's alright, I can't waitttttttttttt!
    You avvin a party?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tianshan)
    On average, parents spend between 0.0025% to 0.005% of their annual income on their teens' birthday, which may include buying presents, hosting parties and going out for dinner.

How about your parents?
    Probably a bit more than that percentage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For my birthday I got perfume, a bag and flowers from selfridges and a postponed meal out but that's basically it (18th birthday yeah)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    You avvin a party?
    Not really Just gonaa go cinema with some of ma mates, that ain't on holiday, and gonaa go out to a restraunt, and presents, that's it really What about you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well this year I didn't ask for anything. What happened is they took me out to dinner (I think I ate/drank £25 worth of food and drink) and then deposited £100 in my account because I hadn't asked for anything.

I think that's about 0.25% of what their combined annual pensions.

ReputationRep:
    For my 16th I got a holiday to paris but for every other teen birthday I mostly got £50 in a card and then a meal somewhere so around £100 all together!

ReputationRep:
    My uncle gave me and my sister a total of £110 but that was a rarity, usually I get £2 to get my own carrot cake. Now I'm older, I give myself my own £2, true independence

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.