Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Miami police shoot caretaker of autistic man playing with toy truck in the street watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truths)
    Lmao. Not at all. All that will change is the distribution of wealth. It will be harder for whites to hoard power if there are less of them.

You seem to not understand maths and finance.

You do realise that some races are more financially draining than others yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)

Lol as if you do. It's not about finance, it's about economics. You think that once white people become minority somehow the economic power the once held would vanish into thin air? :lol: Lol no. It will just be distributed differently.
    No race is inherently "financially draining". But unfortunately black people have been continuously oppressed for over 3 centuries and are still having to make up for it.
    Perhaps when whites become the minority, we will see more POC representives in congress and in turn majority non-White schools will have a better chance of getting adaquate funding. And better education oppurtunity will have a enormous ripple effect on society. So if anything America will become richer once whites are the minority.

ReputationRep:
    Lol as if you do. It's not about finance, it's about economics. You think that once white people become minority somehow the economic power the once held would vanish into thin air? :lol: Lol no. It will just be distributed differently.No race is inherently "financially draining". But unfortunately black people have been continuously oppressed for over 3 centuries and are still having to make up for it. Perhaps when whites become the minority, we will see more POC representives in congress and in turn majority non-White schools will have a better chance of getting adaquate funding. And better education oppurtunity will have a enormous ripple effect on society. So if anything America will become richer once whites are the minority.
    That makes no sense at all。

If group A has a surplus of 10% tax contributions, and group B minus 10% contributions, if both groups represent 50% of the population, the nation will brake even. If the proportion of group B grows larger, the nation will begin to lose money, this is very basic maths.

Nobody is oppressing black people, what a ridiculous comment.

You seem to be racist and hate white people, as for some reason you keep talking about whites and blacks, in the US, both whites and East Asians support the US economy.

I wouldn't say races exactly.
    It's more to do with social groups.

African immigrants contribute far more to the American economy than African-Americans for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)

African immigrants contribute far more to the American economy than African-Americans for example.
    I will agree with what you said in your example, but my point still stands, if you compare races on average.

ReputationRep:
    That makes no sense at all。

If group A has a surplus of 10% tax contributions, and group B minus 10% contributions, if both groups represent 50% of the population, the nation will brake even. If the proportion of group B grows larger, the nation will begin to lose money, this is very basic maths.

Nobody is oppressing black people, what a ridiculous comment.

You seem to be racist and hate white people, as for some reason you keep talking about whites and blacks, in the US, both whites and East Asians support the US economy.
    Surplus of tax contributions? What are on about? What does group a and group B mean? White and black?

It seems you are confusing race with economic status. Tax rates are not fixed to race, they are fied on the latter. The middle class is not going to shirnk just because the white population is shrinking :lol:

As I said before, the fundamental reason why there is a wealth disparity among races is the work institutionalised racism and white supremacist policies and practices. But these things will be harder to maintain once POC become the majority. It's not about be hating white people lol. It's just a fact of life.

And EVERYONE supports the US economy, hun.

ReputationRep:
    Surplus of tax contributions? What are on about? What does group a and group B mean? White and black?

It seems you are confusing race with economic status. Tax rates are not fixed to race, they are fied on the latter. The middle class is not going to shirnk just because the white population is shrinking :lol:

As I said before, the fundamental reason why there is a wealth disparity among races is the work institutionalised racism and white supremacist policies and practices. But these things will be harder to maintain once POC become the majority. It's not about be hating white people lol. It's just a fact of life.

And EVERYONE supports the US economy, hun.
    You clearly don't have a clue with how finances work, my example was clear. There is no "institutionalised racism" that is utter bs spouted by people who don't know what they are talking about. Why is it that Japanese Americans do so well in the US? Were they secretly given a free pass? You leftists continue to out do yourselves.

Look at what is happening to South Africa.

I say look at what is happening to South Africa, it is almost certain that you don't have a clue what I'm talking about as economic literacy and analysing demographic changes is seemingly beyond your skill set.

ReputationRep:
    Look at what is happening to South Africa.
    Elaborate
    You clearly don't have a clue with how finances work, my example was clear. There is no "institutionalised racism" that is utter bs spouted by people who don't know what they are talking about. Why is it that Japanese Americans do so well in the US? Were they secretly given a free pass?
    Well yeh. Pretty much? Have you never opened a history book? :lol:

First of all, excluding refugees/asylum seekers, those that had migrated to the US in recent years are mostly middle/upper class. Asian Americans are not the only ethnic minorities that do well in America. African immigrants also fare very well in America. That is because they are not fleeing from war torn countries. They are actually voluntarily coming to America as they can afford to do so.

Last time I checked, Asians migrated to the US voluntarily with the opportunity to land with both feet on the ground.
    Last time I checked, the offspring of Asian immigrants were immediately afforded equal rights as Americans
    Last time I checked, Asians weren't slaves
    Last time I checked, Jim Crow did not apply to Asian Americans
    Last time I checked, Asians were not on the suffering end of segregation
    Last time I checked, Japanese Americans received over a $1 Billion in reparations by the US government for the discrimination that they did endure

ReputationRep:
    Name:  jonathan-aledda.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  34.6 KB

The White cop.. nope just a Hispanic

Wont stop the Blacks killing Whites in retaliation though and White guilt liberals blaming White privilege

Black racism is that every time something like this happens they assume either, it was a racist White cop, or the Black person killed by police dindonufin.

It was that way with Akai Curley, shot by Chinese-American

It was that way of Freddie Gray when half involved in his death were African-American

Or more recently Philando Castille's death
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    But I take issue with BLM because I think the underlying problem is police brutality, not institutional racism. As you say, the US police being too "trigger happy". I think this is the case with all races.
    I get what you are trying to say, but this really isn't the case. yes people every race experience police brutality, but no race more so than black people, and at such a disproportional rate at that as well. So yes whilst it is mainly police brutality, institutional racism plays its part as to why police officers are so "trigger happy" towards black people than any other race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)

Not a very inclusive body of data though.

If people from Africa were able to do so well, or so well to do, then Africa wouldn't be in such a state, the far more likely scenario is that the Africa migrants are from the upper end of the bell curve that makes up the black demographic and not representative of the group.

That they are smart enough and resourceful enough to leave for white countries attests to this The same scenario plays out in the UK, whereby Indian demographics do quite well, but only because we get the Indians smart enough to leave India for the opportunities that wouldn't be afforded to them when surrounded by the other 90% of their fellow kinsmen.

I always meant to respond to your post in our last discussion, I haven't gotten around to it, haven't forgotten about it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenns_lifestyle)
    I get what you are trying to say, but this really isn't the case. yes people every race experience police brutality, but no race more so than black people, and at such a disproportional rate at that as well. So yes whilst it is mainly police brutality, institutional racism plays its part as to why police officers are so "trigger happy" towards black people than any other race.
    That may be true but I think police brutality is the first thing to tackle, as it would save more lives. Even if an officer does hold some biases, if they are just generally trained to only use force as a last resort they are less likely to kill someone of any race. It seems from the link above that BLM's actual policies are aimed primarily at police brutality in general. That is obviously a good thing, but it is not what we see in the actual protests; instead we get rather antagonistic demonstrations that only serve to fuel any racial tensions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    That may be true but I think police brutality is the first thing to tackle, as it would save more lives. Even if an officer does hold some biases, if they are just generally trained to only use force as a last resort they are less likely to kill someone of any race. It seems from the link above that BLM's actual policies are aimed primarily at police brutality in general. That is obviously a good thing, but it is not what we see in the actual protests; instead we get rather antagonistic demonstrations that only serve to fuel any racial tensions.
    You are right about police brutality being tackled first. I've realised that American police seem to always escalate a situation rather than doing the opposite and that leads to violence on their part. If you want you could watch a documentary on the BBC called NYPD: New York's biggest gang, it is a real eye opener on the level of police brutality going on.

(Original post by HanSoloLuck)

If people from Africa were able to do so well, or so well to do, then Africa wouldn't be in such a state, the far more likely scenario is that the Africa migrants are from the upper end of the bell curve that makes up the black demographic and not representative of the group.
    The ones that immigrate are normally from the more affluent and educated parts of society.
    Well unfortunately for us, our dictatorial leaders don't really care for the development or progress of the continent and you'd get killed if you tried to do something about it so we don't have as many opportunities that our counterparts abroad do. Also the brain drain of qualified professionals to western countries doesn't help at all. Makes you wonder what the state would be if we did have those opportunities. Maybe we'll soon see as one or two countries are set to join the world's top 20 economies so we can use that as a case study. Will we thrive or **** it up?

It's actually very interesting. Why is that so? Why are the Africans from the upper end? (I'll work with your bell curve theory here.) I read recently that some people theorise that it's because slave traders didn't let the smarter slaves breed to reduce chances of them revolting.

That they are smart enough and resourceful enough to leave for white countries attests to this The same scenario plays out in the UK, whereby Indian demographics do quite well, but only because we get the Indians smart enough to leave India for the opportunities that wouldn't be afforded to them when surrounded by the other 90% of their fellow kinsmen.

I always meant to respond to your post in our last discussion, I haven't gotten around to it, haven't forgotten about it though.

Whenever you can
    Reply in bold

ReputationRep:
    Inclusive in what sense? What is it missing?

If people from Africa were able to do so well, or so well to do,
    Why the "if"? They do well in America, as the article shows.

then Africa wouldn't be in such a state,
    Yeh no. Africa's current state has little to do with the everyday African. Factors such as environmental determinism explains why their technological development was not on par with Western and East Asian countries to begin with. Neocolonialism/corruption also contributes to the current state of Africa particularly the wealth gap and baseline for poverty, but unfortunately it is difficult for real revolution take place in these corrupt systems when colonisation turned most African countries into a police state (And the police state is further perpetuated through Islamic terrorism). It also doesn't help the african people that many of these corrupt authoritarian regimes are backed by the west.

When Gaddafi announced plans to move Africa away from US fiat based currency to a gold dinar that would completely boost Africa's economy and give them meaningful independence, the West intervene and ran a campaign that eventually led to his assassination.

the far more likely scenario is that the Africa migrants are from the upper end of the bell curve that makes up the black demographic and not representative of the group.
    The African immigrants come from mansions in West Africa. That is why they succeed in America. They don't have the baggage of poverty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.