Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Haha dw about the reps!

Thanks for remembering results day

I got:
    English Lit: A* (100% UMS)
    History: A* (92% UMS)
    Philosophy: A* (99% UMS)

I was so shocked, particularly by the Philosophy because I thought I had flunked the exam. I don't understand it at all. But I'm delighted!
    Wow. :eek: Even just reading the names of the subjects is enough to set fear in my heart. Those are basically the 3 subjects I could never take at A-level. And well done on your 3 A*s that really is amazing. So the next big question is where are you headed with such good results? Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Wow. :eek: Even just reading the names of the subjects is enough to set fear in my heart. Those are basically the 3 subjects I could never take at A-level. And well done on your 3 A*s that really is amazing. So the next big question is where are you headed with such good results? Oxford?
    Thank you! And really? It's essay subjects that I like. I'm guessing you are a STEM genius and those are the subjects which terrify me.

Nah, Oxford don't do a straight philosophy course. I'm off to Cambridge who do.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And really? It's essay subjects that I like. I'm guessing you are a STEM genius and those are the subjects which terrify me.

Nah, Oxford don't do a straight philosophy course. I'm off to Cambridge who do.
    I was always told that if you want to do sciences you go to Cambridge and essay subjects you go to Oxford, obviously not true in some cases though.
    But on the topic of Cambridge I'm there for a summer school at the start of next week Doing a nicer subject though (Maths)

ReputationRep:
    I was always told that if you want to do sciences you go to Cambridge and essay subjects you go to Oxford, obviously not true in some cases though.
    But on the topic of Cambridge I'm there for a summer school at the start of next week Doing a nicer subject though (Maths)
    I think that's true as a general rule, but there are exceptions. For example, Cambridge offer a straight philosophy course, whereas the closest I could have come at Oxford would have been Philosophy & Theology.

Also, my mum studied Physucs at Oxford, because Cambridge don't offer the sciences as separate courses, only nat science.

Oh, have fun! Shudder... Maths... My old nemesis

ReputationRep:
    Just got the Sky Never Miss email for Bake Off................ SOOOOO EXCITED!

ReputationRep:

And we have the first trailer too!!

ReputationRep:

Yassss!!!

That's it. My day can get no more awesome. Levels of awesomeness are at an all time high.

ReputationRep:

Yassss!!!

That's it. My day can get no more awesome. Levels of awesomeness are at an all time high.
    Gosh I love Sue Perkins :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I. Love. It. ALL!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Less than a week away :ninja:

Also who doesn't listen to their cakes?

ReputationRep:
    Some of those bakes look very very good!!

ReputationRep:
    Sue is great but really without Mel she is nothing. (Not in a bad way, they're both great but we need them both to have the Bake Off).

:cake:

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone wants to post some pics of their cakes in the run up to the Bake Off?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling the countdown right now!!!!!! So hoping I'll be home in time next week to see it live - even if it does make my supper into a tv supper!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone wants to post some pics of their cakes in the run up to the Bake Off?
    If I'm not working this weekend, I might bake something tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well, went back through my phone pictures, and found all of these lovely things - some obviously worked better than others...!
    Name:  IMG_0714.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  195.6 KBAttachment 573228573230Attachment 573228573230573240[attach]5.732285732305732e+23[/attach][attach]5.7322857323057325e+29[/attach]Name:  IMG_3584.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  171.7 KBAttachment 573238573240Attachment 573238573240[attach]5.732385732405733e+23[/attach][attach]5.732385732405732e+29[/attach]
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I'm feeling the countdown right now!!!!!! So hoping I'll be home in time next week to see it live - even if it does make my supper into a tv supper!!!!
    My favourite cake I've ever made - it's coffee cake and meant to look like a coffee....

Name:  coffee cake.PNG
Views: 41
Size:  497.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Ok, well, went back through my phone pictures, and found all of these lovely things - some obviously worked better than others...!
    I love the plaited bread! I made some Stollen bread for christmas last year and it's so fun to plait (and it proves so much I literally felt like Paul Hollywood)

Name:  stollen bread.PNG
Size:  443.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    My favourite cake I've ever made - it's coffee cake and meant to look like a coffee....

Name:  coffee cake.PNG
Views: 41
Size:  497.7 KB
    I love the plaited bread! I made some Stollen bread for christmas last year and it's so fun to plait (and it proves so much I literally felt like Paul Hollywood)

Name:  stollen bread.PNG
Size:  443.2 KB
    Those both look soooooooooooo good!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow mobbsy91 Fox Corner They all look amazing, well except that chocolate fondant? that mobbsy made . I didn't think I had any pictures of my bakes on my computer, but I realised I did have this: (It was the chocolate and salted caramel tart I made for my catering exam last year. My catering teacher even branded it 'exquisite' on the feedback sheet for my exam.)
    Name:  IMG_4824.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  62.1 KB
    (Sorry the pic isn't very high quality)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.