Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Regressive left tries to twist Munich narrative to suit their agenda Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clee Torres)
    A reaction 80-90% of the German and rest of Europe population altogether had too.

Just like Nice, people jumped to the conclusion that he was Muslim and IS-affiliated... he was.
    There's no evidence of IS affiliation, unless you have information that the German police and security services don't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clee Torres)
    If it was a far right terrorist, don't you think he/she would target Muslims and refugees in particular, not random people outside a McDonald's, so a mosque or a camp?

It was pretty clear to me when I heard shots had been fired in a shopping centre that this was ISIS.
    We didn't know at the time if the terrorist only targeted certain people for example. They could have went into a Halal restaurant in the shopping mall. The details weren't there at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the attacker was someone who was bullied during childhood, and was obsessed with mass-shootings. In other words, nothing to do with neo-nazism or Islam. Even if was a Persian Muslim, so what? Muslim attacker ≠ Islamist attacker, unless of course the attacker specifically implied he's doing it for Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGG)
    How in the world can you believe the news so naively... People behind the BBC, Sky, etc have their own agenda to carry out, their own propaganda to carry out.

In this case, they're merely trying to avoid calling anyone a Islamic terrorist because they're afraid of being called racist. Only until recently, for example, did Hillary Clinton call a terrorist act Islamic radicalism... The same for Obama, etc and of course, the media, some of which are yet to call terrorism by its true name.
    And I assume you've some compelling evidence of his association with Islamic terror groups, would you mind sharing that... thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*
    Indeed, much more likely he was a right wing, islamophobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*
    Indeed, much more likely he was a right wing, islamophobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    I am talking about Britain
    The Crisis of Multiculturalism is taking place across most of the Western world, and much of the Muslim world

every country has a different situation and different ethnic minorities so we can't just generalise
    Yes and no. Recommend you read The Clash of Civilisations, in order to fully comprehend the paradigm, and its poignancy

The odds you will die from a car crash is far higher than the odds you will die from a "cultural-clash"
    Death is but one consideration vs. everything from a relative lack of integration/English language, through engaging in antisocial/threatening behaviour, to going on [sexually] violent rampages); furthermore, Islamists have already claimed the lives of 12,000 people this year alone, internationally (seven times the number killed in road traffic accidents here in the UK)

you can't dispute it's positive effect on expanding the British economy
    Yes I can, as per the post you repped/quoted in a related thread

If it was up to me, I'd love this country to have one culture, the British culture, and no religion
    Monocultural systems lack diversity/dynamism, and are generally less tolerant/progressive places, why would you want that? Check out this thread FYI

We are a multi-racial nation
    No we’re not, we’re a multiracial union of nations.* England is not multiracial nation as such, as only indigenous white Englishmen are, strictly speaking, ethnically English i.e. you get British Muslims, but you don’t get Muslim Englishmen (excepting the odd convert)

99% of them or more are living a fair life where they're not institutionally discriminated against based on their race
    Sorry but that’s BS. You try being a young black man, or a devout Muslim (with all the gear) in the UK labour market!

if they wish to leave the religion and change their names they can do so and such discrimination won't occur
    That’s a bit much really isn’t it?

We have been successfully dealing with Islamic extremism to this very day, by not engaging in the Syrian war and so on
    We’ve been successful, yes, but also lucky e.g. Glasgow Airport, EDL march interception, and recent botched RAF abduction

this is only a tiny proportion of England
    You just said yourself, around 8 million non-whites, and many millions more from immigrant backgrounds more broadly. That’s approaching 1 in 5 people who live here who are not bound by blood, history, heritage, or ethno-cultural affinity, and hence, in many (but by no means all) cases, their national/civilisational identity/allegiance is questionable. That being so, the more our guests misbehave, the more mistrust, friction, and frustration develops, and that’s bad news for everyone (except the out of touch, ivory tower/NIMBY elites who run the show of course) :rolleyes:

We can enforce English shop signs, limit the number of certain shops and trades and empower the locals to start their own English businesses that retain the heritage of the beautiful place that is London for example
    It’s called pissing in the wind mate. It is possible to use carrot and stick incentives to foster greater integration/cooperation but at the end of the day human nature dictates that people will identify/apply themselves as they see fit

why, in Britain, we can't live with people from different races
    Race is not the problem. Most Chinese/Indian migrants come here, integrate, and contribute enough to be considered a credit to themselves/their communities, and an asset to our nation – indeed some are more welcome here than many white Brits!

you can't have uni-culturalism in a multi-racial society
    Yes you can, see the discussion in the link provided above

maybe after a hundred years or so when the different races perfectly assimilate into Britain
    These things do take time, it’s true, but we need to roll our sleeves up and get to it or people will continue to suffer and eventually the embattled indigenous people will rebel and take the law into their own hands/put far-right demagogues in power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacesso)
    As soon as reports that the shooter might be white started circulating, you could hear these idiots smacking their lips.
    Name:  rNgNvVz.png
Views: 68
Size:  16.4 KB

(Original post by Crassy)
    God what obvious propaganda/psyops. He was Iranian, his name was Ali, yet the media will STILL try and spin it that he was a "white supremacist".

There is literally no sources for any "link" between him and Breivik, their only "point" is that it happened on the same day, and they spend most of the article talking about Breivik and his victims for no reason.

How anyone can look at garbage journalism like this and claim there's a media bias against Muslims is DELUSIONAL.
    I know, it's pathetic. And that clown even went and made a thread about it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4224024

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)

When people on Twitter shared that the shooter was a white nationalist called Sam Hyde it exploded on Twitter people were so desperate they didn't even google search the name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    The majority of Muslims in Iran are Shia. I can't personally remember the last Shia terrorist attack in the West. According to wikipedia, only some 4 to 8% are Sunni. I suspect the individual is more likely to be Sunni, though I could be wrong.
    Iran and Hezbollah carried a series of terror attacks in France in 1985 and 1986.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/30/wo...-in-paris.html
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouad_Ali_Saleh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    There's no evidence of IS affiliation, unless you have information that the German police and security services don't?
    How else would a 18 year old Iranian (who the media is desperately painting as a socially isolated shut in with no friends) gain access to a glock-17 and 300 rounds of ammunition? How would he network arrangements to buy such firepower as a social recluse?

The most obvious explanation is he was radicalized and armed, I don't think the German media/police is showing the whole situation. Especially with regards to the murder weapon and how it was sourced.

Semi-automatic firearms don't just fall from trees in the EU, Brevik himself found it impossible buying a semi-automatic rifle on the black market in his manifesto on a trip to buy weapons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanderfeild)
    And I assume you've some compelling evidence of his association with Islamic terror groups, would you mind sharing that... thanks.
    That wasn't my point. My point wasn't about this particular case, rather about the news and politicians on terrorism in general.

However... there isn't any evidence leading that he ISN'T associated with ISIS.

My own opinion on this is that he was influenced by the organisation rather being directly associated with it. Think about it - if ISIS didn't exist, there would be no massacres like the recent ones (Nice for example) and so this unstable person would not be influenced by it. And the fact that he is Iranian born.... well.

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out the shooter had absolutely no links to Isis and was not motivated by Islam
    Ah well, why let that stop the far right on here blaming Islam/the left/multiculturalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)

Lol, as if you and several others weren't hoping it was a Muslim.

I do wish you'd hold the same standards for both the far right and far left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Kinda disgraceful how the regressive left leaped on some scraps of misinformation to make it appear that the shooter was a far-right nationalist.

Europe is in the midst of a radical Islam motivated onslaught, and the regressive left are clearly desperate to deflect attention away from it because it doesn't suit their irrelevant agenda, which is pretty unpleasant when you think about it. They're trying to divert attention away from a problem among an immigrant demographic which is killing hundreds and causing huge amounts of terror, to a reactionary problem with European culture/society which currently poses very little danger. It's sort of like a parent ignoring their child's cancer and focusing their attention on the fact that they sometimes get very unpleasant and destructive because of the hysteria the cancer causes. It was fairly obvious that it was never a far right attack. The Breivik attack was targeted at a particular group he was ideologically opposed to. The Joe Cox killing was perpertrated by someone who was ideologically opposed to her. It is Islamic terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it was fairly obvious who the perp was from the start.
    There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was connected to Isis or motivated by religion.
    As FoS says, if you have some information that the German police don't. Please do share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    There is ZERO evidence that the shooter was connected to Isis or motivated by religion.
    As FoS says, if you have some information that the German police don't. Please do share.
    The German police don't exactly have a great record of telling the truth recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    The German police don't exactly have a great record of telling the truth recently.
    Do you have evidence that this guy was affiliated to ISIS? Please do share.*

ReputationRep:
    He was a Sh'ite, ISIS are Sunni, and they are murdering Shi'ites all over the middle east.

So why would he support them? Can you explain that?

What we do have is evidence that he screamed "Allahu Akbar" and murdered Sunnis.

ReputationRep:
    Please share where I said he definitely has? I'm just saying don't decide just because someone tells you something that it has to be true especially when the person who is telling you these things have lied about similar things in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Please share where I said he definitely has? I'm just saying don't decide just because someone tells you something that it has to be true especially when the person who is telling you these things have lied about similar things in the past.
    'The person' hasn't given it's a completely different police force.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.