Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Illness, work, nothing else much!
    Yours?

Good to hear it!
    Oh God, that pretty much describes my last week or two!! I caught two colds.. in the Summer!!
    What do you do for a job? I have no "proper" job
    I'm stepping into the college life this September, and the processes/standards/extra-things-you-have-to-do for medical school is starting to make me uneasy haha. Not helped by people constantly questioning my competance and passion, which makes me question it myself...
    ANYWAY...
    You're not too badly ill are you?

Part of me wishes the computer didn't work, then I wouldn't have to enter the exhibition

ReputationRep:
    No worries!
    Oh wow thats not good! Are they ok?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Its fine!
    I doubt it!
    :hugs: Yup a man got run over and nope, they're at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Trauma Centre, and they've got multiple injuries, hopefully he will be ok
    How was your therapist appointment?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow really? Its not great tbh!
    OCD is the main one, but ive got High Anxiety seperate to that too

Not at all! I hate football im afraid
    Yup, we had an entire chapter dedicated to 'abnormal psychology' and were specifically instructed not to let our studies of the symptoms affect us, like psychologically... (There was a girl who was supposed to research depression and present a case study to the class. She actually got so caught up in it, she began displaying symptoms and I had to do the presentation, because I'm apparently 'emotionally detached from my work'. And no, I don't have Asperger's.) OCD would usually be the main one, because it interferes with your routines. Anxiety usually leads to OCD... that's how the O in OCD comes about... But, I bet you know this better than me, because you've probably gone over it a million times :lol:

Hey! Why'd you hate football? It's awesome :cry2: Are you American?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1mathsstudent)
    I was talking about fatima guys, hes the boy who pretends to be a girl
    What me :gasp: what have i done to you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    :five:
    Cool! Hope u stay good n happy lol
    :five:
    Thankyou! Hopefully things will stay good but theres no telling what will happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Oh God, that pretty much describes my last week or two!! I caught two colds.. in the Summer!!
    What do you do for a job? I have no "proper" job
    I'm stepping into the college life this September, and the processes/standards/extra-things-you-have-to-do for medical school is starting to make me uneasy haha. Not helped by people constantly questioning my competance and passion, which makes me question it myself...
    ANYWAY...
    You're not too badly ill are you?

Part of me wishes the computer didn't work, then I wouldn't have to enter the exhibition
    Colds are more common in the summer for me too! Strange isnt it!
    Well i will be doing a construction apprenticeship from next Monday!
    Have you applied for any?
    Well im sure college will be brilliant for you! Medical school sounds like it will be tough but worth it in the end!

Only with High Anxiety, OCD and Depression. So yes im quite severely ill, and its gonna take a few years to get rid of it all!

What exhibition is this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    :hugs: Yup a man got run over and nope, they're at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Trauma Centre, and they've got multiple injuries, hopefully he will be ok
    How was your therapist appointment?
    Oh wow well hopefully theyll recover quickly then!!

It was informative! Was diagnosed with depression but he gave me some techniques to help cure it!

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind a chat, but if not, it don't matter.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wouldn't be surprised ngl, I have that effect on everyone I meet.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't put yourself down like that I don't know you but I'm sure that's not true, I'm sure if people don't want to chat and get to know you, then it's their loss. They're not worth it anyway if they're like that Plus we're talking now so you don't have that effect at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    Yup, we had an entire chapter dedicated to 'abnormal psychology' and were specifically instructed not to let our studies of the symptoms affect us, like psychologically... (There was a girl who was supposed to research depression and present a case study to the class. She actually got so caught up in it, she began displaying symptoms and I had to do the presentation, because I'm apparently 'emotionally detached from my work'. And no, I don't have Asperger's.) OCD would usually be the main one, because it interferes with your routines. Anxiety usually leads to OCD... that's how the O in OCD comes about... But, I bet you know this better than me, because you've probably gone over it a million times :lol:

Hey! Why'd you hate football? It's awesome :cry2: Are you American?
    Oh wow thats pretty extreme then! Its not an easy thing to have to learn about!
    Theres so much to it and it can affect people pretty badly!
    Oh wow thats not good for her! Was she ok in the end?
    Ah well at least you went and did it!
    Yeah ive gone over OCD so much by now, it just gets repetetive!!

Because it sucks! Its just people running in a field! Who fall over when they get touched!
    Technically yes, but in reality no! I act American but im British if that makes sense!
    Id fit in better over there!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow well hopefully theyll recover quickly then!!

It was informative! Was diagnosed with depression but he gave me some techniques to help cure it!
    Fingers Crossed they will, they got runover
    The article, not saying that you have to read it lol, but if your interested
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...hwood-11663720
    It's on the next road to me.
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that Hope your ok though, and that's good! If you need any support I'm always here!

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks big time then!
    Im sure you can recreate it all though
    Id be amazed if you were!
    Asdfghkjljal
    I'll try to recreate aaaaaaah
    Im so hungry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't put yourself down like that I don't know you but I'm sure that's not true, I'm sure if people don't want to chat and get to know you, then it's their loss. They're not worth it anyway if they're like that Plus we're talking now so you don't have that effect at all
    :hugs:That's so kind of you! I've seen you around TSR alot and I would love to get to know you! If that's ok of course! True haha! You're lovely!

ReputationRep:
    FireFreezer77 is the reason i joined tsr <3

ReputationRep:
    Colds are more common in the summer for me too! Strange isnt it!
    Well i will be doing a construction apprenticeship from next Monday!
    Have you applied for any?
    Well im sure college will be brilliant for you! Medical school sounds like it will be tough but worth it in the end!

Only with High Anxiety, OCD and Depression. So yes im quite severely ill, and its gonna take a few years to get rid of it all!

What exhibition is this?
    Strange, and really annoying when it's warm and sunny and your nose is runny (that rhymed ). Oh right, I've been doing some odd jobs, building/maintenance related, such as building a new pond, but it's not an official thing and not my personal preference. Good luck for Monday! Not recently, did one online application for Next with no reply apart from "you're shortlisted".. I've given up applying until results day, by then I should have some more stuff to put on a CV, and some results I hope you're right!

Damn, I've had first and second hand experience with some of those conditions, so I can empathise to an extent. Feel free to message me if you want to, I'm used to and happy to listen to people who want to talk or have a rant

Edit: Oh and the exhibition is a photography one, I've got the photos of mine printed onto A4 and mounted, ready to go

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:That's so kind of you! I've seen you around TSR alot and I would love to get to know you! If that's ok of course! True haha! You're lovely!
    I find I'm good at reassuring others etc. but I'm not great at being positive myself Strange... Anyway though Yeah that's ok with me Feel free to send a PM sometime

ReputationRep:
    I find I'm good at reassuring others etc. but I'm not great at being positive myself Strange... Anyway though Yeah that's ok with me Feel free to send a PM sometime
    Sorry to interefere, but i had to say that first bit is true lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're amazing! Awwhhhh feel free to let me know anytime your feeling down! I'll try my best I will do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    Sorry to interefere, but i had to say that first bit is true lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which first bit sorry?

ReputationRep:
    You're amazing! Awwhhhh feel free to let me know anytime your feeling down! I'll try my best I will do!
    Haha thank you Thank you I will keep that in mind. Okay!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you Thank you I will keep that in mind. Okay!
    No problem! You deserve it! Yupp, feel free at anytime and I'll try to respond as soon as I can! & I will talk to you a bit later! Byee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.