The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Edinburgh?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Edinburgh?

Infested with Rahs who love drinking and pheasant shooting. Prepare for the waves of privately educated chino wearers, as they swarm you with their excuses for almost getting into Oxbridge.
Ayy representing the working class at exeter soon come
Original post by Chronokeeper
You guys have better STEM? Aren't we ranked highest in Europe for Neuro?

You're above us for neuroscience, I'll admit, but not the highest.
And we're also higher than UCL in physics, chemistry, biochem, mathematics, computing, engineering, etc.
Reply 84
Original post by Trinculo
Is that even a uni?

Ouch...
Sheffield- well meaning clever students who are not that career focused, in the main, when compared to other solid Russell groups such as Nottingham/Warwick/Manchester
Anyone got one for newcastle?
Newcastle: middle-class children with a wild side suppressed by the expectations of their wealthy family, who want to immerse themselves in a geographically secluded city to take advantage of the many clubs and party for three years before inheriting a job at KPMG from their father.

Aberdeen: a grey city that lacks colour, where historic beauty contrasts with 1960s architecture to cater for the bright European students who flock there for free or heavily subsidised tuition.

UEL: where academic inability still manages to have a rivalry with the the highly regarded London Met.

Liverpool: the unloved Russell Group institution that scores marginally lower in biased metrics, featuring in the jokes of TSR snobs.

Nottingham: where introverted Chinese meet extroverted British.

LSE: the socially retarded UCL.

UCL: the academically inferior LSE.

Imperial: the LSE of science.

Durham: the institution that puts a cathedral in your mind, yet isn't part of the University.

Bristol: where hippies inhale the fumes of drugs radiating from Glastonbury Festival in their spare time whilst succeeding academically.

Loughborough: where sportsmen meet engineering.

Manchester: where exceptionally famous alumni, University Challenge success, top-tier global rankings and enormous student body are represented by lacklustre, confused, drug addicted morons in Fresh Meat.

Surrey: proof that league tables are ****ing inaccurate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga
Durham: Rah's and oxbridge rejects
Bristol: Posh hipster *****
Newcastle: Geordie Shore
Imperial: Chinese people.

Manchester: The gurn is strong.

:laugh: Defo agree with the lot. Not sure about Manchester but heard it's "well grim up north." - Jay @Inbetweeners :smile:
Original post by Exceptional
Newcastle: middle-class children with a wild side suppressed by the expectations of their wealthy family, who want to immerse themselves in a geographically secluded city to take advantage of the many clubs and party for three years before inheriting a job at KPMG from their father.

Aberdeen: a grey city that lacks colour, where historic beauty contrasts with 1960s architecture to cater for the bright European students who flock there for free or heavily subsidised tuition.

UEL: where academic inability still manages to have a rivalry with the the highly regarded London Met.

Liverpool: the unloved Russell Group institution that scores marginally lower in biased metrics, featuring in the jokes of TSR snobs.

Nottingham: where introverted Chinese meet extroverted British.

LSE: the socially retarded UCL.

UCL: the academically inferior LSE.

Imperial: the LSE of science.

Durham: the institution that puts a cathedral in your mind, yet isn't part of the University.

Bristol: where hippies inhale the fumes of drugs radiating from Glastonbury Festival in their spare time whilst succeeding academically.

Loughborough: where sportsmen meet engineering.

Manchester: where exceptionally famous alumni, University Challenge success, top-tier global rankings and enormous student body are represented by lacklustre, confused, drug addicted morons in Fresh Meat.

Ah this cracked me up. Any more for newcastle/northumbria?
So nothing really stereotypical about imperial that is negative?
Reply 91
Any more about York hahaha?
Original post by JohnGreek
The fact that it's legitimately a cockfest

:afraid::afraid: Oh No! I was planning on going there.
Original post by 10Fatanda
:afraid::afraid: Oh No! I was planning on going there.

37.3% female, about the same as Loughborough.
Original post by DarkEnergy
37.3% female, about the same as Loughborough.

Ah you guys crushed my dreams in a single night. Wanted to do investment banking there.
Original post by Exceptional

Wildly inaccurate, Newcaste doesn't attract that sort of clientele imo... maybe some with a wild side cos of all the "bangin'" nightclubs but there are better unis and better cities out there for that. Alas though if you don't get in you don't get in.
Original post by 10Fatanda
Ah you guys crushed my dreams in a single night. Wanted to do investment banking there.

Loughborugh is a heavily-sporty uni however, increasing the chance that that proportion of girls will be solid 8/10s
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Loughborugh is a heavily-sporty uni however, increasing the chance that that proportion of girls will be solid 8/10s

Guess I got some eye candy to look forward to in September... :sexface:
Original post by RDKGames
Guess I got some eye candy to look forward to in September... :sexface:

Yeah haha. :moon:
Reply 99
QUB

Latest