Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gotta love how Muslim guys think though. watch

ReputationRep:
    " why be with a girl if you don't plan on marrying her"

Every time I read this line what I hear is, ''I'm a socially conservative bigot who is willing to hypocritically break the rules of my own religion, so long as I do so on my terms.''

It goes back to what I said two days ago, Muslim guys break the rules of Islam when it suits them. Dating is Haram full stop, it's not dating is allowed but only when and how I want it.

ReputationRep:
    allah akbar

ReputationRep:
    No he's not

Jesus Christ is great, and JESUS CHRIST ALONE!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    In Islam we are not allowed to "date" and be alone together before marriage. My parents dont need to supervise my partner after marriage or even my "whole life" like you said.

Ok guys, im not telling anyone to follow my viewpoint, everyone needs to relax
    Fair enough. Sorry, suppose i got a bit carried away there.
    I just can't understand why you wouldn't want to properly get to know the guy you might spend the rest of your life with...
    Oh well, you seem like an intelligent person so you must have your reasons.
    Whatever floats your boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    how can you decide to marry someone if you've never had a chance dating them
    Its not their choice to make bruv, there is no mandate for 'dating'. Parents, community and elders do the matchmaking leaving the youth free to study and work. Otherwise all that happens ra is guys just will go for a pair of tits and women something equally unsuitable; its difficult for ourselves to be impartial init so thats why arranged marriage is so great.

ReputationRep:
    lol, when you've been on TSR for so long you think that the title is pure sarcasm

But yeah I agree. Out of the muslims I know irl, they make up the most noble and most respectful men I know. Even if half of them do flat out refuse to even shake hands with me...

I'd never be able to do that "I'll only date you with a family member present" thing though. I didn't have a choice as to who I grew up with, but I will have a choice as to who I spend the rest of my life with, without anyone else's opinions

ReputationRep:
    Not much of an issue when you can marry multiple wives.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by StudiousRoadman)
    Its not their choice to make bruv, there is no mandate for 'dating'. Parents, community and elders do the matchmaking leaving the youth free to study and work. Otherwise all that happens ra is guys just will go for a pair of tits and women something equally unsuitable; its difficult for ourselves to be impartial init so thats why arranged marriage is so great.
    Not all parents know what's best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Not all parents know what's best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They and the community will make a better judgment of a womans class, aspirations, character and their compatibility with the equivalent male. There is too much bias involved otherwise; most guys will just think with their cocks. The Asian community has got it right, nearly everybody is married off by 32 at the latest in comparison with gora society where you have 20 year old women with several children from mutiple fathers living in council housing and also 42 year old single guys alone/in mums basement. Thats is a really unhealthy state of demographic affairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Wait, some girls find that cute? I thought it would sound creepy. I think like that too, and I am as atheist as one can be
    Yea it's cute when a guy says something the opposite of what the other guys are saying.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships come and go, and without the failure of some relationships you'll never know how to make a marriage work.

Relationships are all about development.

I never get into a relationship thinking it's going to lead to marriage, it's redundant. Life isn't a film.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, now I have the perfect chat-up line.

Most guys say they are not attracted to other guys. So clearly, I must tell girls that I am attracted to other guys
    Lay off the crack

ReputationRep:
    Name:  anotheronelol.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  17.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Which crack? :mmm:

The drug or an anatomic crack?
    Drug lol

ReputationRep:
    i find it incredibly rich considering many marriages in the Islamic world are arranged.

the point is many people dont look so far into the future thats why and just want to have fun with someone and appreciate being around them without constantly thinking about having a dog and a mortgage with them. The more you date, the more you develop emotionally and so when you eventually do find the right one, youll know.

Nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Yea it's cute when a guy says something the opposite of what the other guys are saying.
    So if I call girls that constantly get compliments from guys ugly then I'm cute right?...no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    So if I call girls that constantly get compliments from guys ugly then I'm cute right?...no?
    You got it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You got it
    Awesome thank you

ReputationRep:
    What happened to just getting to know someone and letting the relationship develop? I think getting married is old-fashioned nowadays. I mean it's not really a fair gig anymore. There's way too much to lose legally.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.