Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GLS training contract application Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galf)
    Thank you for the advice. I'm looking at applying to other grad schemes which have these tests as well so maybe I will invest in a package If your boyfriend found it useful. I'm clearly not very good at them.

In terms of the Watson-Glaser, I honestly can't give you any help. I'm not very good at tests usually (I didn't pass the VRT this year and I didn't pass the SJT last year) but for some reason, I just get the CRT. No idea how. The practice ones I did at uni were an hour each and had 5 rounds of 16 questions. As this one is 30 mins I'm guessing you'll have 5 rounds of 8 questions. The only advice I can give is to make sure you have read the example questions on the GLS website for each round (inferences, arguments etc) and make sure you understand the logic behind those examples because the real questions will be exactly like that. I hope that makes sense.
    Yeah that does make sense, thanks! I've done a few before (the test to do the bar course is very similar) and I seem to do ok on them so fingers crossed for this one.

Yeah, I wouldn't say its worth spending a lot of money though and try to find one that has the explanations too! Plus if you know some good friends who want one too you can share the costs as I think they give you a password to access the tests or something.

ReputationRep:
    what kind of score in practise tests is good before doing the real thing ?
    I keep getting 65 % ish in the practise ones .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Yeah that does make sense, thanks! I've done a few before (the test to do the bar course is very similar) and I seem to do ok on them so fingers crossed for this one.

Yeah, I wouldn't say its worth spending a lot of money though and try to find one that has the explanations too! Plus if you know some good friends who want one too you can share the costs as I think they give you a password to access the tests or something.
    Particularly for SJT I'd recommend Job Test Prep - and if you're going to get SJT you may as well get the annual pass and that gives you verbal reasoning and watson glaser too.

Re scoring - generally it is the percentile which counts. These are graded at different levels according to your role. So a score which puts you in a graduate/ uni 90%+ percentile would not be in the percentile rank as when compared with junior or senior management roles. And a 95% percentile does not necessarily mean 95% correct. etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hearing back about CRT by August 16th. Does this mean we may perhaps hear before then? Like today or Monday perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockingin1994)
    Hearing back about CRT by August 16th. Does this mean we may perhaps hear before then? Like today or Monday perhaps?
    I don't see why not if that is the way it's phrased but personally I won't be holding my breath until the afternoon of the 16th given the way previous rounds have been structured!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    I don't see why not if that is the way it's phrased but personally I won't be holding my breath until the afternoon of the 16th given the way previous rounds have been structured!
    I believe the policy is to let everyone know at the same time. Therefore, I'd assume no news until 16th.

ReputationRep:
    They are letting us know by 8pm tonight apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legalbegal)
    They are letting us know by 8pm tonight apparently.
    Where did you hear that?

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's all good news...

ReputationRep:
    Been frantically checking/refreshing my emails on my phone at work all day. Why do they leave it so late in the day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scragglefrock)
    Where did you hear that?
    I emailed them to ask if it would be today or tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legalbegal)
    I emailed them to ask if it would be today or tomorrow.
    Was told the same thing
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Minimis)
    Been frantically checking/refreshing my emails on my phone at work all day. Why do they leave it so late in the day?
    So you don't get bad news when at work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    So you don't get bad news when at work?
    Haha! Exactly why I'm refusing to check my emails now until I get home! 😂

ReputationRep:
    Just got my PFO by email. That's twice in two years that I've been sifted out after completing CRT. Sigh

ReputationRep:
    Just got my PFO by email. That's twice in two years that I've been sifted out after completing CRT. Sigh
    Me too.. I'm gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    Me too.. I'm gutted
    Well, at least we got this far.

Really beginning to wonder whether the standard for the CRT is ridiculously high - or whether I am just not built for those types of tests

That's my applications done for the Summer. Tomorrow is another day I suppose - time to dust myself off and focus for the exams ahead #downbutnotout

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any good news?

ReputationRep:
    Email them and ask what the standard was, or even ask for general feedback. Last year I failed the SJT and emailed them and they gave me my score and told me what I needed to get to the next round. I passed the SJT this year, but I failed the VRT. They couldn't give me much information this time other than I wasn't in the top 60% in the VRT. You might as well email and see if they can give you any information. You might be extremely close and that will motivate you for next year.

ReputationRep:
    Been told I passed the CRT but didn't score high enough overall to get a place at assessment centre... Gutted... 😢

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.