Lloyds TSB STudent Account 2007 Watch

monkeyru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sephiroth)
Thanks. But I shouldn't have to do that when they said I'd get one of £500. I'll call in my local branch on Friday if it's still not there.
yeah in the wording of the letter it says you can 'apply' and 'request' an overdraft, they dont give it to you automatically but once you've requested it i think they upgrade it automatically. hope that helps i think they do that because not everyone wants an overdraft facility
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by monkeyru)
yeah in the wording of the letter it says you can 'apply' and 'request' an overdraft, they dont give it to you automatically but once you've requested it i think they upgrade it automatically. hope that helps i think they do that because not everyone wants an overdraft facility
Well when I upgraded my account they asked if I wanted the £500 over-draft or they could give me a small one for £100. I said I'll take the £500 one and she commented to be careful with it. So I assumed it would be put there automatically. I doubt I will need the over-draft, but knowing it's there would be nice. If I don't get the £500 now they might not be as easy about going from £0 to £1000 when I may need it. I'll just apply, but might wait for those letters first.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
do you get a debit card with the account or do you have to apply for one separately?
magnum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ yeah they send you a debit card....

you can't really do much without a debit card!
magnum
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got everything apart from the freebie stuff!!

also, i got a pay in book... but not a cheque book :s :|
Sephiroth
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Debit card is great. I can order stuff online without having to use my dad's card now.
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by magnum)
^ yeah they send you a debit card....

you can't really do much without a debit card!
thanks
Lolly-88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the debit card is pretty....i love the horse on it. I'm glad they gave me that one i was expecting the plain blue/green one.
hayley83
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I applied for this account online on Monday and received the welcome e-mail and haven't heard anything since. How long do you have to wait before they get in touch regarding taking your ID into a local branch?
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i applied online too and it took about 10 days for a letter about ID stuff to arrive
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got details about how to claim my NUS card today...finally!
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just to warn you - I found the link they wrote down didn't work and had to approach from the home page and clicking on special offers (or something similar) to get to the Lloyds offer. It might just be my home PC playing up though, it does that a lot!!
~Bex~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The link worked fine for me, so maybe you typed it wrong?

Something else you might all be interested in - I applied for the £500 overdraft online and they wouldn't give it to me because there hasn't been enough activity on the account yet
monkeyru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive applied for my nus card card now i think that means ive got everything lloyds have offered me.
x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still havent heard anything, im getting pretty pissed off with it now! Is everyone new to lloyds, is that what it is??
Lolly-88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by x.Crystal.x)
I still havent heard anything, im getting pretty pissed off with it now! Is everyone new to lloyds, is that what it is??
Did you apply online? Most people who applied online seem to be the ones having the most trouble. I'm new to lloyds and they've been great with me so far.
magnum
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got my NUS EXTRA code today.... on the letter it said i should have received information on how to get the mobile insurance in the welcome pack

Has anyone else got the welcome pack containing the mobile insurance stuff??????????????

if so, what else is in the welcome pack?
increaseyourfanbase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've got the welcome pack but not the NUS code! There's a voucher for the free driving lesson and then just terms and conditions on the insurance and that's about it really.
I'm already with Lloyds anyway so perhaps other people get their debit card and such with it.
magnum
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
aaaah i got it, all you have to do is go on the insurance website
x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lolly-88)
Did you apply online? Most people who applied online seem to be the ones having the most trouble. I'm new to lloyds and they've been great with me so far.
No, i applied in my branch
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (274)
45.07%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (181)
29.77%
I don't have an opinion (153)
25.16%

Watched Threads