Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopymeg)
    If you're wearing a mini-skirt then they destroy the graceful appearance
    Agreed, but I'm not always going for a graceful appearance. I would agree that they often go horribly wrong - they should never be worn with heels or a longer skirt but I think that they can add a bit of an edge to an outfit if worn nicely.

ReputationRep:
    i think crocs should be on there and those flip flops with all the straps look like bondage shoes yuckky!!

and the bright florscent stuff out recently yuckyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AesopRock)
    I hate those jeans that are somehow tight and yet also baggy at the same time. Something like this thing:
    Those jeans look good.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA-I know so many guys that wear jeans like that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AesopRock)
    I hate those jeans that are somehow tight and yet also baggy at the same time. Something like this thing:

anyone know where i can get that stussy t from please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k-lee C)
    haha....does anyone still actually wear mc-hammer trousers? if not, that's probably why they aren't there...it seems to be a list of fairly recent fashion "trends".

cept maybe clogs....not seen them since the late '90s. thank god.
    i've seen ones with the same silhouette except made of jersey material. shameful. those annoying oversized slogan shirts should be on the list too methinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Those jeans look good.
    lol.. each to their own I guess, it's just that whenever I see someone wearing those jeans I think of Amy Winehouse in that where her knees look really skinny.

it looks like you've got a woman's legs with a mans top half, but hey, thats just how i see it.

ReputationRep:
    Those 'I Started This Trend' t-shirts from Topshop are a ****ing travesty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_j)
    I dunno but Goods is a Seattle skate brand/shop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_j)
    Co-sign... black/gold looks good.

Big fashion crime is dirty/scuffed sneaks/trainers...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, that top's fine. I'm not on about stripey stuff in general, but mainly when someone decides to turn their outfit into a nautical theme, like this.
    And then when you do try navy-and-white stripes, you get overwhelming images of that kind of thing, and you can't wear the striped garmet with a serious look on your face any more, so you go and hang it back up and buy yet another plain garment in very dark grey.
    *sigh* If I ever get run over in the dark, I'm going to blame dodgy fashions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    And then when you do try navy-and-white stripes, you get overwhelming images of that kind of thing, and you can't wear the striped garmet with a serious look on your face any more, so you go and hang it back up and buy yet another plain garment in very dark grey.
    *sigh* If I ever get run over in the dark, I'm going to blame dodgy fashions.
    If you want to wear a navy-and-white striped top, then that's perfectly fine as long as you're careful with what you wear with it. For example, I wouldn't wear a white mini-skirt and flip-flops/those plimsoll things with such a top. However, a longer skirt and proper shoes would be fine, because it wouldn't be very nautical. It's the little details than can make the difference between a nice outfit and a nasty nautical theme.

ReputationRep:
    Crocs are morally wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Uggs= ew I really can't see how anyone can wear them:dong:

ReputationRep:
    lol crocs are a disaster!!! I was in America when I first saw them, they were being sold all over the place, and I remember just thinking "wtf??" then, when i got back home, they just started popping up in a few random places and i was like :O :O :O how did that happen? who is actually going to buy those??? (so far I've seen a total of one person wearing them... and the rest of her clothes were all really fashionable, which just confused me even further...)

erm... also which should be on the list...
    +red/purple jeans ive only ever seen mens, but it doesn't matter hwo wears them - just a complete moment lol

+ wearing exactly the same clothes as your friend on a night out lol the amount of times ive gone out in the evenin and seen a pair of friends wearing exactly the same thing... it's just wierd imo!

+those wierd velvety tracksuits i dont know what they're called...

+those shorts with the high waist on larger people different things suit different people - don't just wear something because it's what everyone else is - have a bit of style

that's all i can think of atm...
    lol looking back, i sound a little harsh... oops lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k-lee C)
    Uggs are actually disgusting (a view only consolidated by the fact that people combine them with tracksuit bottoms tucked into them and such like...:wtf?

but items 5-9 are fine!

i definitely think that crocs should be put on that list though! :puke:
    I agree crocs should definately be up there at the top of the list....SHUDDER why would anyone think they look hot in them and proudly flaunt them on the street? they should be banned

ReputationRep:
    I'd say any type of jean or top that is a few sizes too small for the person wearing them. I see it far too much.

ReputationRep:
    *Legwarmers just look silly. If you're wearing a mini-skirt then they destroy the graceful appearance - it's like wearing a slinky silk dress with biker boots. If your legs are cold, then wear some smart full-length tights, or delicate knee-high boots. I doubt you'd wear thick woolly socks with stilettoes and a mini-skirt, so why wear legwarmers?
    Eeek well I wear them.. yes it destroys the 'graceful' appearance, but when I'm wearing them thats not the look I'm trying to go for, the legwarmers make the look a bit more retro, which I like. Too be fair though I always stick to my lovely grey ones.. I'm not out there enough to go for lime green or purple!! I think it's a lot harder to get away with that.... I'd feel like a fool anyway!! :rolleyes:

Aaah I just HAVE to add any sort of clothes that come from those tacky market stalls to that list. You know the type... the skirts with threads already hanging off them so you just KNOW they're gonna unravel totally into a belt the first time you wear them, and the tops with slogans like "100% *****", and, "If you think I'm a ***** then you should meet my Mother.." I say no more..!!

ReputationRep:
    Whether you're going for the "graceful" look or not, it doesn't matter. You'll never convince me that this, this, this or this looks good.

Legwarmers should be reserved for professional dancers, or for lazing around the house in!

ReputationRep:
    i like chunky knit leg warmers and heels, i just cant pull it off

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.