Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    I waited a while to see if they'd fix it but it still isn't working so I messaged them, hopefully they'll reply soon! Is there anything super urgent on the portal that I need to do? I don't want to end up scrambling last minute because of it being broken
    I wouldn't worry too much - it's mostly to answer any questions you may have about accomodation (a lot of this is already in the resident handbook). Mostly, it's to set a time to pick up your keys - I think at the main building? Basically, if you're arriving in the middle of the night or something, you have to get your keys from the porters, and if you're arriving during the day I wouldn't worry too much about that cause even if you don't set a time they do have your name and room and stuff so you shouldn't really have an issue!

ReputationRep:
    I got onto the induction portal eventually and after emailing them I know what room and block I'm in so everything's just becoming tooooo real, I'm both excited but also really nervous, like it's giving me butterflies just thinking about it all... anyone else in a similar position?

ReputationRep:
    I got onto the induction portal eventually and after emailing them I know what room and block I'm in so everything's just becoming tooooo real, I'm both excited but also really nervous, like it's giving me butterflies just thinking about it all... anyone else in a similar position?
    definitely feeling the same, a part of me is really looking forward to it but the other bigger part of me is so damn nervous and anxious you know what room you're in?:eek: is that because you emailed them? Also, what block are you in???

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know my block lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amrit Bhullar)
    definitely feeling the same, a part of me is really looking forward to it but the other bigger part of me is so damn nervous and anxious you know what room you're in?:eek: is that because you emailed them? Also, what block are you in???
    I'm in Block 28 Also yep, I emailed them and asked and he told me, but after a few others started asking someone got a message saying they weren't giving out any more so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find out now lol. But yeah same, I'm hoping when we get there the anxiousness will go away pretty quickly but I'm not sure if it will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow2914)
    I don't even know my block lol
    You can find out your block when you finish your registration and log in to the induction portal

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Block 28 Also yep, I emailed them and asked and he told me, but after a few others started asking someone got a message saying they weren't giving out any more so I'm not sure if you'll be able to find out now lol. But yeah same, I'm hoping when we get there the anxiousness will go away pretty quickly but I'm not sure if it will
    Oooh so close, I'm in block 26 😉 yeah I heard about that the other day, I guess I'll just have to wait till the 2nd😣 I'm hoping that it will too, and hopefully by group chatting with my flatmates and other people who'll be in Pendle will lessen the zoo in my stomach 😷

ReputationRep:
    You can find out your block when you finish your registration and log in to the induction portal
    im second year so no induction portal

ReputationRep:
    im second year so no induction portal
    As a second year, you should have been able to pick your room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    As a second year, you should have been able to pick your room
    Nope, they discontinued that at Cartmel college sadly!

I even asked. You can pick to be with friends but not the room.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they discontinued that at Cartmel college sadly!

I even asked. You can pick to be with friends but not the room.
    Ahh unfortunate. County are still on the pick your own room train

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.