The Student Room Group

Official 2016 IGCSE Results Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ad4m
idk if it is different for Cambridge but with all other exam boards a 'review of marking' basically means remarking the paper. Hence the mark can change to be higher or lower.

OCR definitely put them down, I have known a remark to go from a C to a D!

Maybe worth a try for me then anyway. Especially in maths
Reply 81
anyone managed to get access to any thresholds or mark schemes?
Original post by ad4m
anyone managed to get access to any thresholds or mark schemes?

On Twitter CIE said they'll post it in a month on their website
Original post by surina16
You get yours early? I did 2 iGCSEs but am getting the results on the 25th? Or are you not in the UK?

You must be doing edexcel. Cause im getting my igcse results on the 25th august. Yep, im from the uk :colone:
Doom’s day | Unmotivated Enthusiast
https://unmotivatedenthusiast.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/dooms-day/#more-223

Maybe itll help some of you guys cope with the stress :smile: Wish you the best of luck today!
Question papers, mark schemes and grade thresholds here

http://www.gceguide.com/past-papers/igcse/
Thanks for the GT. Now I feel much more confident that I can get straight A*. Thank God for low GTs. <3
PE: D
English Lit: B
English Lang: A
French: A*
Spanish: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Maths: A*

Absolutely flopped PE but oh well who gives a **** about PE
(edited 7 years ago)
Congratulations! If I may ask, what are your UMS for Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics?
Original post by Settle
PE: D
English Lit: BEnglish Lang: A
French: A*
Spanish: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Maths: A*

Absolutely flopped PE but oh well who gives a **** about PE

Amazing results nonetheless! 6A*s are a wonderful achievement!
Original post by Enigmatically
Congratulations! If I may ask, what are your UMS for Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics?

Actually CIE uses what they call Percentage Uniform Mark, but it's basically the same as the UMS. But in PUM I got - Maths: 91%, Chemistry: 91%, Biology: 90% and Physics: 94%, so I was very close to an A in a lot of them :colone:

Original post by Mac117
Amazing results nonetheless! 6A*s are a wonderful achievement!
Thank you!! Yes, I'm very pleased with my results especially since my school is generally underperforming in IGCSE :tongue: You did really well too! Congratulations!!
Original post by Settle
Actually CIE uses what they call Percentage Uniform Mark, but it's basically the same as the UMS. But in PUM I got - Maths: 91%, Chemistry: 91%, Biology: 90% and Physics: 94%, so I was very close to an A in a lot of them :colone:

Thank you!! Yes, I'm very pleased with my results especially since my school is generally underperforming in IGCSE :tongue: You did really well too! Congratulations!!

Thank you! I also had a close call with double science (91) and English language (90, lol). Are you remarking PE, or any other paper? I'm remarking one exam because it's one percent off of an A :P
Original post by Mac117
Thank you! I also had a close call with double science (91) and English language (90, lol). Are you remarking PE, or any other paper? I'm remarking one exam because it's one percent off of an A :P

I don't think I'll remark PE, no.. I don't particularly want to go through the hassle just so I get my grade increased to a C. I don't know whether that D might hold me back when it comes to applying to Oxbridge which is what I'm aiming for though. What do you think?
Reply 93
Original post by Settle
I don't think I'll remark PE, no.. I don't particularly want to go through the hassle just so I get my grade increased to a C. I don't know whether that D might hold me back when it comes to applying to Oxbridge which is what I'm aiming for though. What do you think?

I don't think it's worth remarking P.E, it won't hold you back, don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 94
Should I get a remark for History? I got 69, a C, it's the only grade I'm unhappy with.
What do you all think?
Original post by Settle

Don't quote me on this, but my teacher told me they look at your best 8 results mostly. They can, however, be kinda weirded out about the D since your others results are great. Personally I'd probably retake it or remark it to at least a passing grade, but that's just me. I think your results are great nonetheless and you shouldn't worry toooo much when you apply :wink:
Ps. Guess it's two of us for Oxbridge then :P
Lmao don't count me out of the Oxbridge race. My school is just delaying with my results... Ugly buggers .
If you are applying for Oxford they only take 8 A*s + for interviews most of the time. Cambridge look at your AS Level UMS. You need above 90 in all the subjects you do. Personally I'm a Cambridge Fan. Trinity College here I come.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enigmatically
If you are applying for Oxford they only take 8 A*s + for interviews most of the time. Cambridge look at your AS Level UMS. You need above 90 in all the subjects you do. Personally I'm a Cambridge Fan. Trinity College here I come.

GCSEs are important but they're not a deal breaker. I want to apply for medicine so with 7 A*s I'm a bit under the median, but I had a friend who got in with 2A*s only for archeology :smile:
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the History cie IGCSE?

Quick Reply

Latest