Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How old will you be when you start University? watch

ReputationRep:
    I will be 31, almost 32 when I start my foundation year.

I have a kind of nervous excitement about it all, kind of giddy and yet kind of sick at times haha.

Excited to meet new people and immerse myself in education again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClarabellaH1984)
    I will be 31, almost 32 when I start my foundation year.

I have a kind of nervous excitement about it all, kind of giddy and yet kind of sick at times haha.

Excited to meet new people and immerse myself in education again
    Hi Clarabella,

How did you decide whether University as a mature student was for you? How are you keeping on top of your other life commitments around studying?

I ask because I'm worried whether I'll be able to keep up with such demands if I decide to study as a mature student as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Hi Clarabella,

How did you decide whether University as a mature student was for you? How are you keeping on top of your other life commitments around studying?

I ask because I'm worried whether I'll be able to keep up with such demands if I decide to study as a mature student as well
    Hey

It's totally the same for me! I'm a mum with a 2 year old and 3 year old so I know all about juggling outside commitments!

I completed a level 3 teaching assistant qualification at home- got a job from my first interview which blew me away and i have absolutely loved it!!! This experience clarified for me that being a teacher is the only vocation for me and getting my BA in education with QTS is the only way of fulfilling my dream.

I'm leaving a full time job in an amazing school to take this on, but I am going in eyes wide open. As a mature student, I think as you have some life experience it bringa clarity to what you want. Ultimately, the career I have chosen I will love and I will get the best of both worlds as I will be able to have the school hols with my daughters

If you don't mind me asking, what are you considering studying?

ReputationRep:
    17 and studying medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClarabellaH1984)
    Hey

It's totally the same for me! I'm a mum with a 2 year old and 3 year old so I know all about juggling outside commitments!

I completed a level 3 teaching assistant qualification at home- got a job from my first interview which blew me away and i have absolutely loved it!!! This experience clarified for me that being a teacher is the only vocation for me and getting my BA in education with QTS is the only way of fulfilling my dream.

I'm leaving a full time job in an amazing school to take this on, but I am going in eyes wide open. As a mature student, I think as you have some life experience it bringa clarity to what you want. Ultimately, the career I have chosen I will love and I will get the best of both worlds as I will be able to have the school hols with my daughters

If you don't mind me asking, what are you considering studying?
    Wow. Well done for never giving up!! Is your BA a 3 year degree? Will you be moving away for University?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Wow. Well done for never giving up!! Is your BA a 3 year degree? Will you be moving away for University?
    Luckily, I live very close to my chosen uni- Durham University Queens Campus so will be living at home As I am a mature student, I have to do a year in the foundation centre to reintroduce myself to learning if you like and then three years of my BA.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 25 and studying Computer Games Art and Animation

ReputationRep:
    21. I'm *****ing myself, everyone says "there's no age for education" or "noone will notice or care", but I'm still stressed, especially as I'll be sharing a house with 17 and 18yr olds who've never been away from home before. Eeep

ReputationRep:
    18 , studying Economics ( hopefully )

ReputationRep:
    17 studying History 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescacwls)
    21. I'm *****ing myself, everyone says "there's no age for education" or "noone will notice or care", but I'm still stressed, especially as I'll be sharing a house with 17 and 18yr olds who've never been away from home before. Eeep
    I know this feeling all too well :') another excuse is "at 20/21 you still can be 18" surely I'm not the only one that has changed a lot since then?

ReputationRep:
    If all goes well i'll be 18 with 11 years experience and studying civil engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I was 18 when I started - is anyone slightly older (22+) and worrying a bit about how it'll be being a bit older than most?
    I am 21, I put off going this September because I felt like I wouldn't fit in. I did go to university when I was 18 had an accident drove me home for a few years.

I remember most of my uni buds were in their twenties, just feel old now considering I would of finished...

ReputationRep:
    I am starting uni on a Law foundation course and I am 50 years old yes 50 reinventing myself

ReputationRep:
    18 studying physics

ReputationRep:
    I was 18, turning 20 in like 2 months

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.