Turn on thread page Beta

Is unacted upon paedophilia just another sexual orientation and therefore not "evil"? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    women complain more about paedos than men generally speaking.
    :eek: And what makes you say that? Do tell!

ReputationRep:
    women complain more about paedos than men generally speaking.
    Women complain more than men in general :p:

But no, I'd like to know why you say this :confused: Are you saying that men are more tolerant of paedophiles? I'd disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TML)
    Women complain more than men in general :p:

But no, I'd like to know why you say this :confused: Are you saying that men are more tolerant of paedophiles? I'd disagree.
    Not only is he saying that men are more tolerant about paedophiles, but he was also suggesting in that same post that gay paedophiles are more tolerated compared to heterosexual pedophiles because we live in a politically correct society and its not possible to criticise gay people.

ReputationRep:
    Women complain more about paedos, because women like children more than do men; maternal instincts, and all that jazz. I disagree with the bit about the disparity between the treatment of gay/straight paedos, though...........

ReputationRep:
    In fact, an argument can be made that society is more disgusted by homosexual paedophilia, such are the fragments of homophobia still lurking in British society today.

But nah, both forms of paedophilia are rightfully frowned upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dyslexic_banana)
    Women complain more about paedos, because women like children more than do men; maternal instincts, and all that jazz.
    What about paternal instincts? On the contrary, I think men tend to react more aggressively against paedophilic tendencies, but on the whole, both genders react with similar opposition to paedophilia.

ReputationRep:
    Men are more likely to beat them up, what with all that testosterone in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    What about paternal instincts? On the contrary, I think men tend to react more aggressively against paedophilic tendencies, but on the whole, both genders react with similar opposition to paedophilia.
    Men are clearly more aggressive, in general. I argue that maternal instincts are considerably greater than are paternal instincts. It's women that talk a great deal about kids, not men. Both the majority of men, and the majority of women, are understandably disgusted, where acts of paedophilia are concerned, but I think relatively high maternal instincts and 'emotional intelligence', on the part of women, will lead to a relatively high level of disgust, on the part of women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dyslexic_banana)
    Men are clearly more aggressive, in general. I argue that maternal instincts are considerably greater than are paternal instincts. It's women that talk a great deal about kids, not men. Both the majority of men, and the majority of women, are understandably disgusted, where acts of paedophilia are concerned, but I think relatively high maternal instincts and 'emotional intelligence', on the part of women, will lead to a relatively high level of disgust, on the part of women.
    I completely disagree.

When it comes to these issues, men are usually more conservative, rigid and tend to assume the alpha male role when they contemplate the possibility of their sons and daughters being preyed upon.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was talking more in general, rather than when it comes to one's own children.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think it depends on the person rather than the gender. Some males are more rash than others. Some are more violent. Some are more thoughtful and calculative. Whilst I do, admittedly, concede that there can be some, I suppose accurate, generalisations of males and females [I won't deny that; and indeed have argued in the past that this is the case], I do believe that a more individualised approach is far more beneficial [likewise with race issues].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TML)
    Personally, I think it depends on the person rather than the gender. Some males are more rash than others. Some are more violent. Some are more thoughtful and calculative. Whilst I do, admittedly, concede that there can be some generalisations of males and females [I won't deny that; and indeed have argued in the past that this is the case], I do believe that a more individualised approach is far more beneficial [likewise with race issues].
    Of course, you're right.

I think we have the fool RK89 to blame for steering the thread into a gender discussion, again.

ReputationRep:
    What about paternal instincts?
    Thank you!

D.Banana cant argue for 'equal rights for fathers' whilst at the same time saying that men dont care for children as much as women :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    :eek: And what makes you say that? Do tell!
    Women carry children around for 9 months. Men dont. Also how many articles have you read complaining about paedophilia coming from (a) men and (b) women. I guess (b) > (a)

ReputationRep:
    Not only is he saying that men are more tolerant about paedophiles, but he was also suggesting in that same post that gay paedophiles are more tolerated compared to heterosexual pedophiles because we live in a politically correct society and its not possible to criticise gay people.
    The media has an agenda... An agenda based on stereotypes. The fact is its women writing most of the anti-paedophile articles, long time since ive seen one written by a man. As for gay paedohphiles, the media seems to tolerate them more, probably because most paedophiles were abused as a kid, so if a boy gets abused they just see him as the next generation paedophile sadly...
    The guy is an idiot.
    Brilliant arguement, i salute your amazing wit and debating skill...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    The media has an agenda... An agenda based on stereotypes. The fact is its women writing most of the anti-paedophile articles, long time since ive seen one written by a man. As for gay paedohphiles, the media seems to tolerate them more, probably because most paedophiles were abused as a kid, so if a boy gets abused they just see him as the next generation paedophile sadly...
    The media is not a single corporation, so spare us your conspiracy crap.

Just because in your experience, you have come across more articles, writings on pedophilia by women does not mean that women as a whole are more concerned with pedophilia or that men are more tolerant of it.

The media does not tolerate gay paedophiles more than straight pedophiles. Where is your evidence for this absurd claim? And where is your evidence that most paedophiles were abused in their childhood? That's a pathetic assumption.

(Original post by RK89)
    It's not an argument. It's the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Thank you!

D.Banana cant argue for 'equal rights for fathers' whilst at the same time saying that men dont care for children as much as women :rolleyes:
    To be honest, I've never argued for equal rights for fathers; I merely think that things are too biased in favour of mothers, if men can be pretty much cut off from seeing their children; especially if still being expected to pay ridiculous amounts of child support.

I've come to accept that the fact that mothers are awarded custody in 95% of cases, to perhaps not be as unfair as it may seem; after all, perhaps, in 95% of cases, mothers have been the prime carers, for their children. I just think that the 95% of divorced fathers should have more access to their children, than they do currently, even if the mother having custody is fair.

ReputationRep:
    The media is not a single corporation, so spare us your conspiracy crap.

Just because in your experience, you have come across more articles, writings on pedophilia by women does not mean that women as a whole are more concerned with pedophilia or that men are more tolerant of it.

The media does not tolerate gay paedophiles more than straight pedophiles. Where is your evidence for this absurd claim? And where is your evidence that most paedophiles were abused in their childhood? That's a pathetic assumption.

It's not an argument. It's the truth.
    You have no arguement, hence the personal attacks. Seriously grow up.
    I cant be bothered to answer your point until you be more civil. When you prove you have grown up ill answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    You have no arguement, hence the personal attacks. Seriously grow up.
    I cant be bothered to answer your point until you be more civil. When you prove you have grown up ill answer.
    Haha.

Provide us some evidence for your ludicrous claims!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    The fact is its women writing most of the anti-paedophile articles
    Source?

(Original post by RK89)
    Yes he is rather good. Glad we agreed on something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.