Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you be on TSR during results day? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll be in the mood to see people complaining about getting 9 A*s instead of 10 so, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I don't think I'll be in the mood to see people complaining about getting 9 A*s instead of 10 so, no
    What do you reckon you've got? :P

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Idk if I will. If i do badly then people here boasting and asking dumb questions will be a heartbreak.

If i do well then there will be people who have done better anyway xD

I am AS level
    Yes. I need to leave my suicide note somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    What do you reckon you've got? :P
    Honestly I have no idea. I'm just going to guess mainly B's with the odd A and C thrown in and probably a U in English Lit :rolleyes: What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Pfft AS level... at least you got the next year in case you do badly.

I'm awaiting my A2's and if I do badly enough not to get into uni I will not visit this site's chat and any results forums lol.
    You understand the changes in A levels right? Regardless of the grade we get this year, we have to start from scratch to get another grade next year- so it's hardly a good thing. Also, applying to uni will be pretty hard with bad grades.

Try not to belittle a qualification before you understand the current situation

ReputationRep:
    I will be enrolling. And then sleeping.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    You understand the changes in A levels right? Regardless of the grade we get this year, we have to start from scratch to get another grade next year- so it's hardly a good thing. Also, applying to uni will be pretty hard with bad grades.

Try not to belittle a qualification before you understand the current situation
    Aren't those changes supposed to be affecting the Y12s starting in September? I'm pretty sure you guys are fine. Sorry for not reading up on changes concerning qualifications for which I've already sat all my exams for and dont have to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't those changes supposed to be affecting the Y12s starting in September? I'm pretty sure you guys are fine. Sorry for not reading up on changes concerning qualifications for which I've already sat all my exams for and dont have to worry about.
    Again, you have no idea. The subjects I took are mostly reformed meaning they follow the new A level guidelines. So nah, pretty sure I'm not fine.

No need to apologize, must be insanely hard to admit you're wrong when you need to. Dw pal
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Again, you have no idea. The subjects I took are mostly reformed meaning they follow the new A level guidelines. So nah, pretty sure I'm not fine.

No need to apologize, must be insanely hard to admit you're wrong when you need to. Dw pal
    If OP would've mentioned this I would've adjusted my responses accordingly. No need getting so sassy, if that is the case you mention then I admit I was wrong as I was misinformed.

And if you think you're not fine then get off your ass and work harder for the grades you want otherwise university might not be the best place for you, sorry kiddo.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by postexamtalk)
    We're sort of on the same boat. I put down Surrey as my firm and Reading as my insurance for Mathematics and require the same grades as you to be accepted. You do have the upper hand though since I don't do further maths
    Or perhaps YOU have the upper hand because my FM grades vary between an A to a C throughout the 2 years xD
    Good luck with the results though!

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps YOU have the upper hand because my FM grades vary between an A to a C throughout the 2 years xD
    Good luck with the results though!
    Nope, you my friend have the upperhand. My AS Level grades were ABBC and it would be a miracle if i achieve the grades aforementioned (AAA).

Nevertheless, optimism is key and I hope we both get into our firm!

ReputationRep:
    If OP would've mentioned this I would've adjusted my responses accordingly. No need getting so sassy, if that is the case you mention then I admit I was wrong as I was misinformed.

And if you think you're not fine then get off your ass and work harder for the grades you want otherwise university might not be the best place for you, sorry kiddo.
    Ahaha, I'm a year younger than you. In this case we're both "kiddos"

Ever heard of results day nerves? The ones where you expect the worse? Do you even know the grades I'm expecting, or the ones I deserve? How can you possibly predict uni isn't the "best place" for me? Just stop
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Ahaha, I'm a year younger than you. In this case we're both "kiddos"

Ever heard of results day nerves? The ones where you expect the worse? Do you even know the grades I'm expecting, or the ones I deserve? How can you possibly predict uni isn't the "best place" for me? Just stop
    This is the internet. I can only go off what I read on the screen and whether you're on some result's day nerves is irrelevant as it doesn't show very well through what you wrote, not to mention I don't even know you.

And of course I don't know your grades, I never claimed I did. Again, you said:

So nah, pretty sure I'm not fine.
    so how else am I supposed to interpret that other than "I screwed up bad enough to miss out on uni/good grades". If you did the best you could in your exams then you shouldn't even be saying that (unless your best was to fail, in which case, go ahead and say that)

Honestly, I don't understand what's with your tone. So perhaps you should just stop.

ReputationRep:
    YES I WILL BE HERE!

Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry left the caps on :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    damn right I will, A2 here.

ReputationRep:
    You understand the changes in A levels right? Regardless of the grade we get this year, we have to start from scratch to get another grade next year- so it's hardly a good thing.
    Wth? That's definitely a good thing. Why should how I did over a year ago matter as much as how I performed in A2 exams 3 months before uni starts?

Either A2' should be weighted significantly higher, or AS's shouldn't count at all. I'd personally have gone with the former but whatever.

Due to the old system, I'm now in a position where I'll likely be rejected despite doing great on my A2 exams. All because of AS results. And If I'm rejected then I'll need to resit year 12 to get into uni instead of year 13 lol. In hindsight i should've resat loads of AS exams this year. But my point stands. The old system was flawed too

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha nope. I'll be at work bc I forgot to book the day off and now I can't swap shifts.
    :bricks:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'll be online all day, camped at my desk with supplies of tea and biscuits ready to help as many people as possible.

ReputationRep:
    The ****? Even that is stupid ridiculous. If I was slapped by my mother purely because of my results, I would slap her straight back. Same with verbal abuse.
    The Asian life...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Most likely.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.