The Student Room Group

I can Solve the so called housing crisis easily

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
There are plenty of houses, the estate agents in my town has dozens for sale in the windows. Only poor people whinge about a housing crisis.
Original post by Maker
There are plenty of houses, the estate agents in my town has dozens for sale in the windows. Only poor people whinge about a housing crisis.

Never thought of it like that haha
Reply 82
Original post by Smack
The private sector is heavily constrained in the amount of new homes it can construct by the state via control of the planning system. I haven't seen anything to suggest that there is a cartel operating between various housing developers.

Builders buy up land with planning permission but don't build on them until they can get a high price enough for houses built on it. its called land banking and it reduces the number of houses built and keeps the prices high. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2014/mar/02/london-housing-crisis-landbanking
Original post by MeYou2Night
For a start, where to?

Secondl I was born in England and lived here all my life. Same with my parents who have paid millions and millions of pounds in tax.

Thirdly, are you happy to see the eradication of the countryside? Until everywhere and every piece of greenery has a house on it?

Your parents payed millions and millions of tax?

Bloody hell, the life you must lead.
Original post by Maker

Because your local estate agents has houses for sale (the fundamental purpose of the business) there is no housing crisis. Top logic :rofl:
Reply 85
Original post by Maker

Then these non-poor people take a mortgage out and then they take years to pay it back if you can't just pay the full price then I'm sorry you're not rich
Original post by Maker

It is a harsh, but fair point. The irony being that it is no longer just poor people complaining about it, but fairly well-to-do middle class people who have generally had a sense of entitlement to their own abode but are now generally denied.

Personally I find it rather repulsive that housing is more about a financial investment than somewhere to live. And we no longer talk about housing. It is property.
(edited 7 years ago)
For a start, where to?

Secondl I was born in England and lived here all my life. Same with my parents who have paid millions and millions of pounds in tax.

Thirdly, are you happy to see the eradication of the countryside? Until everywhere and every piece of greenery has a house on it?

It's pretty unlikely your parents have paid 'millions and millions' in tax. There would still be a need for more houses even if you deported everyone who wasn't born here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
It's pretty unlikely your parents have paid 'millions and millions' in tax. There would still be a need for more houses even if you deported everyone who wasn't born here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they have, I don't know why I'd lie about that.
Well they have, I don't know why I'd lie about that.

People lie about lots of things for no apparent reason. Most people never even come close to paying £1m in tax so paying £4m in tax is very unlikely

Posted from TSR Mobile
People lie about lots of things for no apparent reason. Most people never even come close to paying £1m in tax so paying £4m in tax is very unlikely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah very unlikely for a poor person but possible for them and they have.
Yeah very unlikely for a poor person but possible for them and they have.

Very unlikely for a wealthy person as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very unlikely for a wealthy person as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

But not impossible then by your own admission?, so please stop running your mouth in attempt to accuse me of deception. My parents have paid millions of pounds in tax, and that's the truth. Whether it's unlikely or not, is irrelevant.
But not impossible then by your own admission?, so please stop running your mouth in attempt to accuse me of deception. My parents have paid millions of pounds in tax, and that's the truth. Whether it's unlikely or not, is irrelevant.

Well of course not impossible just highly improbable. What do your parents do if you don't mind me asking?
There is no housing crisis. If there were enough property for everyone then it would take away an incentive to work hard. There have to be winners and losers in the system for it to work and with regards to housing the homeless are the "losers". That's the way it is, and that's the way it should be. Crisis my a**.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending