Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Happy to help you guys. I rang probably over 40 universities and now study at the University of Aberdeen.
    Hey! can you apply to a different course through clearing? I applied for business management with entrepreneurship at Surrey uni but didn't got through. but I found another course International tourism and hospitality management in the clearing for the same uni so was wondering if i can apply or not?? Do i have to write a new personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julistha)
    Hey! can you apply to a different course through clearing? I applied for business management with entrepreneurship at Surrey uni but didn't got through. but I found another course International tourism and hospitality management in the clearing for the same uni so was wondering if i can apply or not?? Do i have to write a new personal statement?
    Yes, you can apply for whatever you want as long as they accept your grades. You don't have to write a new statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can apply for whatever you want as long as they accept your grades. You don't have to write a new statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pheww! thank you so much! you're a life saver!

ReputationRep:
    pheww! thank you so much! you're a life saver!
    That's okay! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    one last question! I got ACD in textile, business and maths so what do you think are the chances for me to get into this new course? can you also give some tips about how to persuade them to get in the course hehe

ReputationRep:
    one last question! I got ACD in textile, business and maths so what do you think are the chances for me to get into this new course? can you also give some tips about how to persuade them to get in the course hehe
    Is the new course currently in clearing at Surrey? If so, what grades are they asking for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the new course currently in clearing at Surrey? If so, what grades are they asking for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they haven't mentioned anything about grading thats why i'm confused
    http://www.surrey.ac.uk/clearing/int...ism-management
    this is the link of the course

ReputationRep:
    they haven't mentioned anything about grading thats why i'm confused
    http://www.surrey.ac.uk/clearing/int...ism-management
    this is the link of the course
    They're probably changing their requirements each day that's probably why it's not on the site. I'd say call up, tell them your grades and see what they say. If they say no, ask them to transfer you to that course department & have a chat with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy to help you guys. I rang probably over 40 universities and now study at the University of Aberdeen.
    Hi, speaking on behalf of a friend of mine, on UCAS track she put down one uni as her choice. The uni has not responded yet however she would like to change this choice. Is this possible? and how long does she normally have before the first uni will respond to it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquidant)
    Hi, speaking on behalf of a friend of mine, on UCAS track she put down one uni as her choice. The uni has not responded yet however she would like to change this choice. Is this possible? and how long does she normally have before the first uni will respond to it??
    Hey

She needs to call them to ask her to release her back into Clearing. This will happen whenever they decide. Hopefully before the weekend but there is no way of knowing. She should call them immediately this morning. Has she got a verbal offer from the other uni?

ReputationRep:
    I got my insurance but applied to DMU (through clearing) and they said I'm on the waiting list but yet have called me. How long should I wait? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I applied through clearing direct to my Uni. I had a telephone interview with a tutor, got a verbal offer through email and submitted my application at the beginning of this week (I already had my grades as I'm a mature student). Worried I haven't heard anything though When I spoke to someone the other day they said there's a chance I still might not get on the course if it gets full. Hoping that's not the case? (Counselling and Psychotherapy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hey

She needs to call them to ask her to release her back into Clearing. This will happen whenever they decide. Hopefully before the weekend but there is no way of knowing. She should call them immediately this morning. Has she got a verbal offer from the other uni?
    Yes, she has a verbal offer from the other uni. She did call them up and the first uni said they'll release her by today but no specified time. However the other uni has told her they need to release her by 4pm today when she notified them of her situation, which is very worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she has a verbal offer from the other uni. She did call them up and the first uni said they'll release her by today but no specified time. However the other uni has told her they need to release her by 4pm today when she notified them of her situation, which is very worrying.
    OK, well there isn't much she can do I'm afraid, it's just a waiting game now and she needs to keep her new uni informed of what is going on (even if nothing is happening). Fingers crossed for her

Let me know how she gets on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeerthikaS1998)
    I got my insurance but applied to DMU (through clearing) and they said I'm on the waiting list but yet have called me. How long should I wait? Thanks
    I'd honestly just keep emailing and calling to ask for an update. Can't waste time in clearing! Also have you put them into track already? I'd call around other universities you're interested in incase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoethemermaid)
    I applied through clearing direct to my Uni. I had a telephone interview with a tutor, got a verbal offer through email and submitted my application at the beginning of this week (I already had my grades as I'm a mature student). Worried I haven't heard anything though When I spoke to someone the other day they said there's a chance I still might not get on the course if it gets full. Hoping that's not the case? (Counselling and Psychotherapy)
    That's very strange. Why did she think you couldn't have it anymore when you have email confirmation? Did you apply through track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ask her university to extend her offer if possible because that's her last choice and it's confirmed. Make sure that university is aware that they're the ones she wants. I think what they're probably afraid of is your friend dropping out of that university too hence the deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, sorry again, but i was wondering how long it takes for the clearing choice to become accepted on track after adding the clearing choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha_ha123)
    hey, sorry again, but i was wondering how long it takes for the clearing choice to become accepted on track after adding the clearing choice?
    Hey, don't be sorry. That depends on the university. Due to how busy they are it could take a while. How long has it been so far? If you're concerned, email or call in to remind them

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.