The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shirleydongj)
    i know! make sure you check out those snacks selling on the streets! I promise you that they are reallyyyyyy good
    The street markets and food places look amazing! It'd be so nice to grab a snack and then go across the harbour on the star ferry to do some shopping

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm Hans, I'm 17 years old, and I live in Manchester. I'll be starting sixth form in September, and will be doing A-levels in English Literature, Mathematics, Sociology and Drama OR Psychology. My hobbies include travel, voice-acting, theatrical make-up, video editing, gaming, history, politics, and learning languages (I'm currently learning German and French on duolingo^^). In the future, I'd like to become a voice-actor, and so I'm hoping to do an Acting degree. I'm stressed about starting sixth form, seeing that many of my older friends have failed miserably.. But, well, we've got to work hard, because partying hard and fooling around won't give us bright futures ;-)

Hope we'll all become AS-friends together ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    The street markets and food places look amazing! It'd be so nice to grab a snack and then go across the harbour on the star ferry to do some shopping
    yeahhh
    hope you have a nice time in hk

ReputationRep:
    yeahhh
    hope you have a nice time in hk
    Thanks.
    Best of luck to you for results day and A levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Thanks.
    Best of luck to you for results day and A levels!
    I have already got my results from cie!
    best of luck to you as well

ReputationRep:
    I have already got my results from cie!
    best of luck to you as well
    Oh right, I hope you were pleased??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Oh right, I hope you were pleased??
    Not really i got a B in english language
    anyway I'm not doing taking eng lang in the future anymore

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm Jake and I'm from Worcester!
    I'm starting Sixth Form in September and I'm hoping to be doing: Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computer Science.

I'm a little nervous about my results because I need to pretty much get a B+ in everything, no exceptions.

Predicted:
    English Lit: A*
    English Lang: A
    Mathematics: B
    Computing: A*
    Science: A
    Geography: B/A
    Business Studies: B
    French: B (Dreading this one, really bad exam :P)

I'm mainly into Computing and enjoy coding and developing in my spare time, I also have a unique hobby of solving Rubiks Cubes (odd, i know)

I'm inbetween two career options right now, I love Computer Science and I'm very passionate about it, so I want to go into Cyber Security.

I'm also debating a medical profession, I'm working in a Pharmacy right now and it's really highlighted how much I love Medical Science and how a career in Medicine might be for me.

Looking forward to being more active on TSR and planning to join the Grow Your Grades threads in order to provide motivation to get through my hard A-Level options :P!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ColossalAtom - Medical + Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    Hi I'm Maya, you can probably tell by my awful username😡 I turned 16 in June and i live in the Midlands.

- What are your hobbies and interests?
    I'm a pretty dull person imo, but I have played keyboard for quite a few years and recently have been self teaching some piano-y stuff. I used to be really big on reading but that's kinda slowed down in the past few months as I've found the teen fiction type of books that I used to love become slightly boring to me, so I'm trying to find a new genre that excites me like any run of the mill teenager I spend most of my time watching Netflix and overeating I've got a part time job which has been getting me out the house a bit this summer- some how I've landed one selling pretty expensive watches on a pretty good wage, so I'm very happy about that!

- What subjects are you planning to take?
    Next year I'm taking biology, chemistry and maths and I may also take physics depending on my grade.

- Your favourite subject(s)?
    Scienceeeee!! I'm also pretty big on writing, used to be a pretty avid creating writer but haven't done much recently. I pretty much love any subject that is challenging but also makes me think a lot. Not an artsy or practical person in the slightest though- was forced to take GCSE PE along with the entire year group and my practical grade was awful

- Your ideal future occupation? :
    Would love to be a doctor But I've always got the back up plan of working in some sort of pathology lab as I did some work experience there last year and found it fascinating

ReputationRep:
    Introduce yourself: I'm Kinneret and I live in London.

What are your hobbies and interests ?: Singing (+music in general), drama, MATHS, sudokus ('cause I'm weird like that), reading, and writing absolute rubbish. And obviously binge-watching various shows (often in other languages which is hilarious because I suck the most at languages)

What subjects are you planning on taking ?: Hopefully, should I get the grades, Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.

Your favourite subject(s) ?: Maths, Physics and Drama

Your ideal future occupation: At the moment I either want to be a physicist or a teacher, but everything could change.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm trying.
    I really do try my hardest but always get bad grades.. its kinda funny. I'm used to it now. Im study Travel and Tourism, Business, Photography and IT Btec. Best of luck to every one.

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    I'm 16, and an aspiring medical student. Hoping to apply Oxbridge (preferably Oxford since I used to live there).
    Want to start fencing but depends on the workload in the future. I enjoy reading (potterhead) and sewing/designing. No real hobbies tbh. Getting a part time job hopefully.
    I'm pretty dull tbh.
    Annoying my younger sisters can count.
    Ooh yeah gonna start volunteering at a care home and Age UK.
    I forgot I am trying to teach myself french after GCSE french. Currently all I have done is put french words on my wall. But I can speak Persian fluently.
    Biology (aqa), Chemistry (ocr), Maths (edexcel) and FM (edexcel).
    All of 'em! Can't choose but let's wait 'till I actually do them at A-level.
    - Your ideal future occupation?
    Something medical! Neurology seems awesome but everything can change when I'm (hopefully) at medical school.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am 16 and I am aspiring to become and engineer and study at cambridge. I am going to study Maths, Firther Maths, Chemistry and Physics for my A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    I'm 16, and live in London
    Reading, Maths, Netball, erm does spending hours watching youtube videos count?
    Biology (ocr b), Chemistry (ocr b), Maths (edexcel) CBA to do 4
    Chem
    ......no clue.....something cool? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayacarswell)
    - Introduce yourself
    Not an artsy or practical person in the slightest though- was forced to take GCSE PE along with the entire year group and my practical grade was awful

-
    I was forced to do either pe or dance so I did pe. I hated it!! I'm aiming for a C which will look rubbish compared to my other grades (hopefully!!) What sports did you do? Did you do Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    - Introduce yourself
    Hey everyone, my name is Lisa. I'm 16, and live in London.

I like playing sports namely: table tennis, tennis, netball and hockey. I also like to read, bake and dance.

Maths, Economics, Government & politics and Biology.

Maths, Law and Biology
    I would really love to be a lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! My name's Javed. A worried sick lad from Midgar. (ISTJ)
    My usual past time would be, reading books, watching anime, youtube, gym, surfing/researching online, going out. The subjects I'm planning to take are :
    - Maths- Biology - Chemistry
    Favorite subject as of now is Maths as I really enjoy studying it and see how the concepts work and how they relate to be frank. In terms of my future occupation, I have not decided yet. However, these are my options :
    - Actuary
    - Accountant
    - Statistician
    - Dentist
    - GP

ReputationRep:
    was gonna wait until results day but whatever

- Introduce yourself
    hi just call me vanilla, i've been on these year threads since year nine so i feel old hoping not to fail my gcses and using this thread to actually motivate me (as the year 11 one was for pure procrastination purposes)

tbh i just sit around and do nothing although i do run a tumblr blog when i can be bothered. i also learn japanese in my spare time (but that didn't happen much this summer looool). lowkey kpop trash (if you like history hmu, also like bts but the fandom... ). i guess i write a bit too? currently attempting to keep a journal which is interesting to say the least

maths further maths french and physics (i'm taking french because i don't like chem/econ/computing and languages are actually fun for me, everyone always asks)

maths and french (idk why im doing physics rip me)

- Your ideal future occupation? :smartass:
    lmao no clue.. maybe something to do in finance? we'll get there when we get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    I was forced to do either pe or dance so I did pe. I hated it!! I'm aiming for a C which will look rubbish compared to my other grades (hopefully!!) What sports did you do? Did you do Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We did AQA and I think the sports I took forward were Fitness, Netball, Basketball and coaching in basketball. That springs to mind anyway, in all honesty my marks were pretty much all 6/7 out of 10 so i wasn't too bothered about what was put down!
    What sports did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyy, I'm Tania, starting my A levels at a different sixth form this September and still waiting on GCSE results.

Hobbies and interests
    Watching tv shows, reading, playing cards

What subjects are you planning to take
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics

Favourite Subjects
    Don't think I really have one lol, but if I had to choose then Biology.

Ideal future occupation
    Another aspiring doctor on the thread or potentially an investment banker. Also (hopefully) a Cambridge applicant as well.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.