Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Rabbi stabbed in France, attacker shouts 'Allahu Akhbar' Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth88)
    A Jewish man has been stabbed by a Muslim attacker in the French city of Strasbourg, according to local media sources.

His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

The victim is reported to be a rabbi. He was stabbed by a man who shouted “Allahu Akhbar” (God is greatest) as he carried out the attack, according to the 20minutes news platform.

The perpetrator has been detained by police. According to the Journal du Dimanche publication, the attacker had a history of psychiatric problems.

Read More:
    https://www.rt.com/news/356472-franc...ab-strasbourg/
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Alisha*)
    LOL
    Something funny?

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    I think the funnier thing is the french will put hundreds of IS militants in the ground for this. Talk ****, get hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_JoKeR)
    The attacker must have some kind of a mental disorder...
    He has, it is called religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    It's a sad state of affairs when a muslim attacking a Jew with a knife is not news worthy
    What the hell is going on? How can this not be on C4 news and BBC?
    (correct me if I'm wrong but I saw nothing)

They just seem to think now, patronisingly, they have to lie to people for their own good, to present the version of the world they want.

Yes They can argue it's a responsible stance in not whipping up hate against innocent muslims, (no decent person wants this) but they are wrong. We need objective media telling us what happened. The repression of information and over control of the narrative that the media seems so keen on nowadays insults people's intelligence and just makes them more and more angry. I think the consequences will be worse because of that. Because these attacks are also an opportunity to talk to the likes of Majid Nawaz, and muslims who condemn this all. To deal with the problem frankly and openly is less inflammatory. By trying to silence it they do they make people more divided. And more denial goes on, and the possibility of worsening relations long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakriah)
    How deluded does someone have to be to believe that God would be proud of them killing another human being? Jeez
    We have a moral compass for a reason... Sigh
    Deluded enough to believe that a centuries old book is actually the word of god, perfect and immutable in its entirely, at a guess.

After all, both the Old Testament and the Quran are full of passages detailing who god wants killed, and why. As far as the true believer is concerned, who are they to question the word of god?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    People are only going to be pushed so far. One of these days, maybe across the whole of Europe, the worm is going to turn. God help Muslims then, innocent ones as well I think.
    Yes, and the silly, ideologically dogmatic cultural left will have caused it all by incessantly and irresponsibly closing down the debate, living in denial, and creating a totalitarian world of thought and speech crimes to the point when people go the other extreme of more division and hate. Instead of airing it all frankly and finding solidarity with the great many other muslims who are horrified by these attacks, and under threat themselves, and figuring how to deal with this.

We need, a frank, non-PC approach that includes and educates about other muslims conflict with this, doesn't disrespect the faith or accept stigmatizing all muslims, but yet won't mince words or hide in calling it out. Yes, that won't be easy but we haven't tried that hard and Europe has lived in denial. The magnitude of this threat has been belittled and swept under the carpet by our failing politics for so long.

It's self-centred politics and a mere self-serving, divisive game, as usual. Policies and debates should be made dispassionately on the basis of our collective long term interests and societal consequences, not by self-congratulatory, shallow moral narcissists who are obsessed with trying to show how they are distinguished as superior from other people, whilst setting them up as pariahs to be the targets of contrived outrage. This is frivolous, decadent and unbelievably selfish. I think more and more people see through these irritating righteous loudmouths and appeasers though. It's a case of the silent majority again, and how they've missed the change in direction of the political wind.

ReputationRep:
    Muslims kill plenty of people in French. One Jewish person stabbed, world goes nuts..

France is a nation under Jewish occupation. They own most of the media, they finance the political parties. Only far-right and to a lesser extent far-left parties are against this.

Jewish oligarchy is the problem. The left claim to be against such, but that is why the left is in such a mess. They own the left. When you take money from racist billionaire Zionists to get into power like Blair you've sold your soul to the synagogue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Deluded enough to believe that a centuries old book is actually the word of god, perfect and immutable in its entirely, at a guess.

After all, both the Old Testament and the Quran are full of passages detailing who god wants killed, and why. As far as the true believer is concerned, who are they to question the word of god?
    It's not accurate but let's assume that yes. So, how violent became Jews because of these violent passages? Just several examples from the 3000 year old history. According to your logic it should be something terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    It's not accurate but let's assume that yes. So, how violent became Jews because of these violent passages? Just several examples from the 3000 year old history. According to your logic it should be something terrible.
    Well, the examples from the OT are pretty violent and gruesome. Unfortunately for the Jews, history conspired against them, condemning them to be the continual underdogs and scapegoats. Perhaps because of this, and the necessity to constantly reinvent and reestablish themselves after regular upheaval, Judaism took on a more rational and practical aspect, through embracing education and the ever broadening cultural experiences of the diaspora.

Imagine if expansionist Judaism 3000 years ago had gained and maintained the domains and numbers that Islam did and now has. Things may well have been very different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Remember; terrorists are a tiny minority and do not represent all Muslims. However, Jews are all responsible for the conduct of the Israeli government.
    Well this is the stance of BDS, given that they lobbied for Jewish performers to be removed from music festivals despite them not being Israeli (just Jewish) and never publicly making announcements in any way, shape or form about politics at all, let alone Israel.

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    Absolutely disgusting that you are laughing at this, it pisses me off after all the Jewish have given Europe the total lack of empathy they are shown.

The only safe places for a Jew are Israel and America, Europe is finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I think the funnier thing is the french will put hundreds of IS militants in the ground for this. Talk ****, get hit.
    There should be a western policy of expanding operations in response to every incident of terror, I'm not heartless I oppose the killing of innocent Muslims, but each time a terror attack occurs there should be an additional strike on a column of IS militants.

1 dead homosexual = 1 more hellfire missile

ReputationRep:
    Just in-case you haven't heard, there was another terrorist attack in Belgium by a woman wearing an Islamic veil screaming "allah akbar" trying to murder people with a machete.

But obviously this has nothing to do with Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Is this some kind of whataboutery about the backlash against the Rohingya? If so I suggest you do some research, the Rohingya have been waging jihad against the native Buddhists for decades, now it's come back to bite them.
    This is a simplification of what is quite a complicated situation. The issues regarding the Rohingya mostly predate any Islamic insurgencies and jihad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Well, the examples from the OT are pretty violent and gruesome. Unfortunately for the Jews, history conspired against them, condemning them to be the continual underdogs and scapegoats. Perhaps because of this, and the necessity to constantly reinvent and reestablish themselves after regular upheaval, Judaism took on a more rational and practical aspect, through embracing education and the ever broadening cultural experiences of the diaspora.

Imagine if expansionist Judaism 3000 years ago had gained and maintained the domains and numbers that Islam did and now has. Things may well have been very different.
    According to Torah, these actions were results of only direct commands of God and it was more than 3000 years ago. After that Jewish kingdoms existed about 1000 years. Now, how many (if any) examples of violent behavior you can find in Old Testament or in history? How many people were stoned to death?
    And no, Judaism didn't change its attitude to the scripts. Actually this was the main reason of Christian persecutions. And every religious Jew rereads the "terrible" text of Torah every year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killuminati1989)
    finally someone finishing off what Hitler (may peace be upon him) started
    Can't tell if this is satire or if you're just some chavvy kid who's salty and jealous he's from a poor, unsuccessful family.

ReputationRep:
    According to Torah, these actions were results of only direct commands of God and it was more than 3000 years ago. After that Jewish kingdoms existed about 1000 years. Now, how many (if any) examples of violent behavior you can find in Old Testament or in history? How many people were stoned to death?
    And no, Judaism didn't change its attitude to the scripts. Actually this was the main reason of Christian persecutions. And every religious Jew rereads the "terrible" text of Torah every year.
    This is quite an odd post, the laws of Moses are not carried about because they are said to be perfect only under the circumstances present during the time they were laid, down which is why Orthodox Jews don't generally have tonnes wives and stone women to death. You're right in a very literal OCD way, but this post the way it's written seems less apologetic for Judaism and more like you're calling for a strike on the Midianites :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously asking for examples of violence in the OT? I do not remember chapter and verse like I do with the Quran (OT is a tad longer and even more rambly) so I will have to look them up, but I will if I have to, but I won't be happy. I can remember the slaughter of the Canaanites in Deuteronomy though (22 or 23, possibly?) Lots of killing of men, women and children. IIRC, only the lady virgins and cattle were spared (now, that would be some after-party!)
    I think there are a couple of stonings related in the OT, but I can't remember them.

My exGF was (probably still is) Jewish. None of her family took the scriptures at all seriously but were still proud of their heritage. There are few Jews today who are fully observant. Changing attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Are you seriously asking for examples of violence in the OT? I do not remember chapter and verse like I do with the Quran (OT is a tad longer and even more rambly) so I will have to look them up, but I will if I have to, but I won't be happy. I can remember the slaughter of the Canaanites in Deuteronomy though (22 or 23, possibly?) Lots of killing of men, women and children. IIRC, only the lady virgins and cattle were spared (now, that would be some after-party!)
    I think there are a couple of stonings related in the OT, but I can't remember them.

My exGF was (probably still is) Jewish. None of her family took the scriptures at all seriously but were still proud of their heritage. There are few Jews today who are fully observant. Changing attitudes.

The laws of Moses are believed not to have applied since the destruction of the second temple so whilst an Orthodox Jew would say those laws are perfect he would still be opposed to stoning his daughter to death.

The numbers of religious Jews are absolutely sky rocketing due to birthrates and whilst admonit is right, a face value flick through of the OT won't give you many clues as to how they think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.