Economics Applicants 2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    So guys i just swapped Leeds for Southampton so i have to insurances instead of just newcastle as an insurance was this a wise decision, as Leeds was my 4th favoured one so i was never going to firm it?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to ucl a couple of weeks ago and just received an email asking for my as maths module grades. Has anyone got this yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley444)
    I applied to ucl a couple of weeks ago and just received an email asking for my as maths module grades. Has anyone got this yet?
    For the Economics Bsc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got one for Economics with year abroad, I don't have to fill it out though because I completed my A Level maths

ReputationRep:
    I got this last year if that's any use, it's normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    For the Economics Bsc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah that's the one

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's the one
    Do you just enter UMS for as maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Bristol straight economics in a day just waiting for them to reply to my economics and finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    Got an offer from Bristol straight economics in a day just waiting for them to reply to my economics and finance
    What subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got the same email. Do I fill in the grades, cause I already filled them on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    Do you just enter UMS for as maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you fill the form in or ignore it, because I already entered my module grades on UCAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    What subjects do you do?
    Maths, Geography and Economics

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm interested in views on the differences between Bath and Leeds for Economics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1670)
    Hello, I'm interested in views on the differences between Bath and Leeds for Economics. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bath says its a Bsc but i found there are more BA relates modules- its really wierd

ReputationRep:
    i just got an email from Nottingham saying I cant do the econometric modules i want to take because i dont have IB higher maths BUT THEY DONT EXPLICITLY STATE IT.

lulling SL maths students into a false state of security...

dont take the IB kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMEisjames)
    Nice one! What were your AS, GCSE and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Posted on the fastest offers thread but I received my offer from Bath on Wednesday after applying last Tuesday. Very chuffed since Bath is my second favourite after Cambridge. Good luck to everyone else and well done to anyone already with offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Posted on the fastest offers thread but I received my offer from Bath on Wednesday after applying last Tuesday. Very chuffed since Bath is my second favourite after Cambridge. Good luck to everyone else and well done to anyone already with offers!
    Congratulations! Same question what were your GCSEs, AS and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari fan)
    Congratulations! Same question what were your GCSEs, AS and predicted grades?
    Thank you! Posted them earlier here

(Original post by domaths)
    Might as well fill out my stats...

GCSEs: 9A*s, 4As, 1B
    A Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Computing
    Respectively achieved A*, predicted A*, A*, A
    (My school does A Level maths in Y12 hence already have A* with 99% UMS)

Also did AEA maths this year and got a distinction, I was thinking of applying for economics and maths but now think straight economics is mathsy enough lol

My school didn't do reformed AS exams so only exams I did in Y12 were for maths and Pre-U Global Perspectives which I got an M1 in (equiv to B) (it's basically a mixture of EPQ, Critical thinking and general studies hence most my choices don't care, but it does lower Bath's offer from A*AA to AAA).

Applied on 27th September to: Cambridge, Bath, UCL (with year abroad), Warwick
    Waiting to add last choice on track between LSE, Bristol and Exeter (leaning towards Bristol at the moment) but waiting for first offer/rejection to make my mind up - hope it is soon because I'm v impatient lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari fan)
    Nice one! What were your AS, GCSE and predicted grades?
    My GCSE's were 1A* 4A 5Bs
    My AS grades were Maths: A Geography: A Economics: A Philosophy and Ethics: B
    I carried on my 3 highest grades and have the prediction of AAA

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.