Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't drink either. I'd never smoke, I'd never do drugs. I am, however, a meat lover. As long as the guy respected my choices and did not attempt to 'veganise' me, and was happy for me to eat meat around him, I would be absolutely fine with him being vegan.

ReputationRep:
    Vegan?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...13/06/nope.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)
    I've been raised a vegan(dont see a point in changing this as I've been like this forever) and i dont drink aswell let alone do drugs or smoke.Are these 2 factors turnoffs?

I wouldn't think it was a turn off... tbh I'd be more worried you'd be turned off by me wanting to eat meat and wanting to drink aha

ReputationRep:
    If you're not the type of person that preaches about how your lifestyle is so much better and respects other people's choices to eat meat and/or drink then people most likely won't care too much, unless they're the type that's concerned over little petty stuff like where they want to eat and such like. However you probably don't care about the opinions of that type of person anyway. Therefore in conclusion:

You're gonna be fine as long as you don't look like Sandor Clegane.
    (Original post by blue2337)
    even steakhouses may be accommodating!
    the **** are vegans going to steakhouses for?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the individual, not drinking can actually be a good thing (the practicality of it)

ReputationRep:
    Nope 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    I'd date a vegan so long as they didn't:
    1. Refuse to kiss me until I'd brushed my teeth
    2. Insist I kept my food in a different fridge
    3. Arrange the menus so they couldn't see what I was eating
    4. Say "I'll do the cooking, you just bring any meat you need"
    5. Refuse to eat a chip which had been on my plate because it was next to a burger which they neglected to note was actually a veggie burger anyway
    Bitter, moi?

ReputationRep:
    I think thats a turn on especially if they dont do any kind of drugs Would you mind dating someone who isn't a vegan and drinks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Well, if your girlfriend/boyfriend/pals wanted to go to a steakhouse, it would be pretty rubbish for you to miss out on spending time with other people just because of your ethical beliefs? If I avoided all restaurants that were meat-y, like Nandos for example, I'd miss out on a lot of things which would suck and come off super rude?

ReputationRep:
    Turn ons for me as I'm also a vegan non drinker 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This would be a turn ON.
    I hate meat so I always prefer to go to vegetarian/vegan places when I eat out. I don't have anything against people who eat meat though- I personally just don't like the texture or the smell.
    I also wouldn't want to date a guy who is a heavy drinker because its kind of scary how alcohol can make some people act and I always feel sick after having like 5 sips of a drink lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)
    I dont generally talk about it at all so i should be okay right?
    Absolutely! Don't worry yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Drink, Meh. Vegan, Never ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    This would be a turn ON.
    I hate meat so I always prefer to go to vegetarian/vegan places when I eat out. I don't have anything against people who eat meat though- I personally just don't like the texture or the smell.
    I also wouldn't want to date a guy who is a heavy drinker because its kind of scary how alcohol can make some people act and I always feel sick after having like 5 sips of a drink lmao
    :yy::ditto:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aperture)
    Absolutely! Don't worry yourself!
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I don't drink either. I'd never smoke, I'd never do drugs. I am, however, a meat lover. As long as the guy respected my choices and did not attempt to 'veganise' me, and was happy for me to eat meat around him, I would be absolutely fine with him being vegan.
    Great!:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Vegan isn't but no alcohol or drugs is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhanenaomi)
    I wouldn't think it was a turn off... tbh I'd be more worried you'd be turned off by me wanting to eat meat and wanting to drink aha
    True haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    If you're not the type of person that preaches about how your lifestyle is so much better and respects other people's choices to eat meat and/or drink then people most likely won't care too much, unless they're the type that's concerned over little petty stuff like where they want to eat and such like. However you probably don't care about the opinions of that type of person anyway. Therefore in conclusion:

You're gonna be fine as long as you don't look like Sandor Clegane.
    Yeah I'm not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't find it a turn off as long as he wasn't a militant vegan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.