Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some lil kids of family friends have got some strangish names...

Faraday (after michael) and Deia (after some place i think).

ReputationRep:
    My American cousins all have unusual/strange first names: Winter, Leo, Odessa, Parker and Skylar.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a guy in my office called Andrey Fokin
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy (he has two brothers called Harry (hal) and Joshua (Jos))...Tolly for short.

I think it's a lovely name but it shocked quite a few of the rest of the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    My distant cousin has a little boy called Ptolemy .
    How do you pronounce that? pa-tol-mee??
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Silent P
    Toll-om/em-ee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Tol-em-ee

ReputationRep:
    Dulcinea (although it's the Spanish for Sweetheart)
    Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
    And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-Errant)
    Tidus, Yuna, Sephiroth, Cloud etc.
    And Don Quixote. I made on up: Aryn
    I think you may have be playing final fantasy 10 and 7.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend called Lesalle, the only person i have known with that name
    Bliss

ReputationRep:
    I think i've mentioned this before, but here goes again:

Wayne King

and

Tess Tickles.

Real people. New Zealanders, mind you. All kinds of crazy stuff goes down in NZ.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I was going to be called Fleur. Personally I'm glad my parents changed their minds

Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my name (first name not middle names) to sasuke or naruto, although saying that, oruchimaru sounds good as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Fleur is a pretty name...it's also a brand of tampons in new zealand, lol. What did they change their minds to?

I was going to be called Philip. Luckily they realised i was a girl, in the nick of time.
    lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)

LOL! Now I am even more glad though there's a band called 'Kill Hannah'...hm.

(Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, if i was a bloke they were going to call me cessle (i can't spell the name at all!) :rolleyes:
    Orrr! Like the crazy guy related to Sideshow Bob on The Simpsons! How sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)

I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    I was meant to be a boy too, at least my parents told me they had only thought of boys names, I was either going to be called Joshua or Edward :eek: I only got called Holly because the pub which my Dad went to to celebrate was called 'The Holly Tree'!!! :rolleyes:
    haha, named after a pub, classic. I think i was named because it was the GRACE of god that i wasn't a boy...my mumsie dearest wanted a little girl

ReputationRep:
    My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    My sister is colleen dora violet, such a strange name.
    lol, i knew a girl who was called Violet, middle name - rose tulip...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.