Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know a decent amount of white women with a preference for oriental guys. So I can't see it decreasing your chances. Most people don't care about race, so not even something you should worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow, why do you feel that way?
    Just an impression, I feel like they wanna be close to tradition or have something close to tradition. My chinese flatmate for example, met a chinese girl from the same region origin of Hong Kong as him and start dating. But I am probably wrong, no generalisation.
    My other chinese friend Max, date a black girl. But he is the only one I know who does not date a asian. Probably depends on their surrounding, parents,family etc...but I feel like they prefer asian even though they grew up outside of China for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Interesting .. I know you're not ihatePE, neither Proxenus, nor UWS. Apparently you're not Mr Smurf either.. Who could you be then.. Have we ever interacted before ?
    I'm not asian

(Original post by Proxenus)
    I'm not asian
    Chinese are not Asians ? 🤔🤔

How come you're no longer with them?
    I've dated 3 guys in total, I'd say my preference is Asian.

I'm not with them because of who they are as people, not their nationality/ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    I've dated 3 guys in total, I'd say my preference is Asian.

I'm not with them because of who they are as people, not their nationality/ethnicity.
    Not sure why I did that on anon

ReputationRep:
    Omg yes I love me some oriental hahaha. But I rarely see orientals (asians as a whole) with black people so no luck there for me

ReputationRep:
    It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

So do you just naturally find most (or all of us) unattractive?
    I'm a native Englishwoman who finds Asian guys with ponytails very attractive. I'm also a serious nerd, to the point where atoms and molecules matter more to me than my own life (I'm being totally serious, they're just so awesome I can't even put it into words), so don't worry about liking STEM subjects being a turnoff.

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Chinese are not Asians ? 🤔🤔
    Because the term 'Asian' in the UK means Indians and such, not orientals. That's why on application forms they either use Chinese/other types of oriental to specify a person.

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    I'm a native Englishwoman who finds Asian guys with ponytails very attractive. I'm also a serious nerd, to the point where atoms and molecules matter more to me than my own life (I'm being totally serious, they're just so awesome I can't even put it into words), so don't worry about liking STEM subjects being a turnoff.
    That's pretty nerdy lol. But I recently found out that Alan Turing was also a theoretical biologist. I was like what?!

Because the term 'Asian' in the UK means Indians and such, not orientals. That's why on application forms they either use Chinese/other types of oriental to specify a person.
    Ahhhhh .. My mistake, in French we use the term Asian to name orientals Asians, and to name South Asians we just call them by their country :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

That's pretty nerdy lol. But I recently found out that Alan Turing was also a theoretical biologist. I was like what?!
    What, no way! I thought he was just a genius mathematician.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    FFS i dont even refer to myself as ''oriental'', i say ''EAST ASIAN'' mmmk people?

(Original post by ihatePE)
    FFS i dont even refer to myself as ''oriental'', i say ''EAST ASIAN'' mmmk people?
    Don't you hate it when they get you mixed up with another east Asian? Just because we're sort of scarce to them.

ReputationRep:
    how old are you and are you an introvert?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    how old are you and are you an introvert?
    18 and I can be both introverted and extroverted. Once I'm feeling comfortable I become extroverted but most of the time I'm an introvert.

Looks like I'm on a roll with matchmaking in this thread. lol

ReputationRep:
    Strong pun

ReputationRep:
    It seems like all the non-oriental girls like everything else but us. It's rare to see a Chinese guy in a relationship with a non-oriental girl. Do I have to start becoming a gym lad to even get noticed? I can't help it if I enjoy things that are STEM related and it falls within the stereotype of my ethnicity. I was born in the UK as well, so I'm familiar with English culture.

So do you just naturally find most (or all of us) unattractive?
    What!? Generalisation! Just so you know I am brown (British/English by birth but from a Bengali descent) and my longest relationship was with a Chinese guy (4 years).

Despite the racist abuse I endured for dating an oriental guy, I still stuck it out! (=

Now cheer up. (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a white female and i have a preference for Asian men.
    (I think most of the attraction though comes down to the persons personality)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous-lady)
    What!? Generalisation! Just so you know I am brown (British/English by birth but from a Bengali descent) and my longest relationship was with a Chinese guy (4 years).

Despite the racist abuse I endured for dating an oriental guy, I still stuck it out! (=

Now cheer up. (Y)
    racial abuse from who? :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.