UCL applicants for 2017 entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    OK, done. The only rpoblem is I can't add anyone because I don't know anyone who's applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Shouldn't the admin be someone fromt he UK? (plus I'm blind and wouldn't really be able to monitor the group.) I'd love to create one, though.

You know what? I'll make one (it'll be called "UCL applicants 2017) and will ask someone to...
    I don't think it matters too much, I suspect quite a lot of people not from the UK will be applying to UCL

Okay good, thanks! Could you link to the group if possible please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    I don't think it matters too much, I suspect quite a lot of people not from the UK will be applying to UCL

Okay good, thanks! Could you link to the group if possible please?

The problem is I can't add any members so it won't appear.

I'm actually from an EU country so I'll still be classed as "home/EU". The bigger problem is that I can't really act as a moderator.

I've tried to PM you, but TSR is a bit "hit and miss" - it doesn't always work for me.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got my PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Have you got my PM?
    Sorry was away from my PC, I got it yeah thanks - added you (unless I've got the wrong person).

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/346004315745562/ - UCL Applicants 2017 group.

ReputationRep:
    Link doesn't seem to be working?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's called "UCL applicants 2017".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Link doesn't seem to be working?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try now please

ReputationRep:
    Joined the group!

ReputationRep:
    Course Applying: History
    AS Subjects: History, Economics, Geography, English Literature
    A2 Subjects: Geography, Economics, History, Welsh Baccalaureate
    GCSE grades: 6A*6A
    AS grades: AABC
    Predicted A2: A*AA + A*
    Super-curricular: University study days funded by the Sutton Trust, lectures, lots of wider reading, volunteer at a museum, work experience in London by a charity

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Maths with Economics MSci.

AS: Maths, A, 290/300 (97%)
    Further Maths, A, 268/300 (89%)
    Physics, A
    Economics, A

GCSEs: 3A*s 6As 2Bs.

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A (in Maths, FM, Economics and Physics respectively). Chances?

ReputationRep:
    I requested to join

Applying for natural sciences

A levels: Maths, further Maths, physics, chemistry
    AS Grades: AAAA

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Gcses: 10A*s 1A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinehj)
    I requested to join

Applying for natural sciences

A levels: Maths, further Maths, physics, chemistry
    AS Grades: AAAA

A2 Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Gcses: 10A*s 1A
    Natural sciences was in adjustment at UCL this year
    Good luck! you have a good chance

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I'm resitting and I'm SO worried.

I want to go to UCL and study Economics but really wouldn't mind doing economics & stats/stats, eco and finance/PPE

My GCSE grades: A*AAA BBBB C
    AS grades: CCC
    A2 grades: CCC

Right now I am trying to fix my life. right before my a2 exams, a family member past away in my family and I slacked revision greatly (it sucked as it was during May-June)
    I am currently studying Maths A level, history and economics plus the AEA maths paper just to have a overall great profile.

I was actually going to wait for economics to be in adjustment like in 2014 but it is very unlikely.
    I really want to go to UCL but clearly I am not good enough.

Help? thank you, you all have great grades

p.s I have emailed them about my circumstances, still waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    Guys, I'm resitting and I'm SO worried.

I want to go to UCL and study Economics but really wouldn't mind doing economics & stats/stats, eco and finance/PPE

My GCSE grades: A*AAA BBBB C
    AS grades: CCC
    A2 grades: CCC

Right now I am trying to fix my life. right before my a2 exams, a family member past away in my family and I slacked revision greatly (it sucked as it was during May-June)
    I am currently studying Maths A level, history and economics plus the AEA maths paper just to have a overall great profile.

I was actually going to wait for economics to be in adjustment like in 2014 but it is very unlikely.
    I really want to go to UCL but clearly I am not good enough.

Help? thank you, you all have great grades

p.s I have emailed them about my circumstances, still waiting for a reply
    Don't lose hope you've got lots of potential and obviously want to further your studies. So are you re-sitting this year in order to go to UCL in October 2017, or are you applying with your grades under the exceptional circumstances option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolinehj)
    Don't lose hope you've got lots of potential and obviously want to further your studies. So are you re-sitting this year in order to go to UCL in October 2017, or are you applying with your grades under the exceptional circumstances option?
    I'm not sure if in my references my teachers will write that a death in the family is a special circumstance

I'm resitting 10 exams in total (2 eco, 2 history & 6 maths)

For history realistically, I think i will achieve an A, I just resat the coursework and got 75/80ums and if I get even a low A in unit 1 then for the other exam I only need a C to get a overall A
    for maths I have a tutor, I'm completing it in 1 year froms scratch, I've finished chapter 5 in c1 finding it fine

I just feel I have 0% chance for UCL, I'm predicted BBB but I am sure I will exceed this

I am unsure to apply to UCL because I don't think they will even look at my application & yes I want to go to UCL starting Sept 2017

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    I'm not sure if in my references my teachers will write that a death in the family is a special circumstance

I'm resitting 10 exams in total (2 eco, 2 history & 6 maths)

For history realistically, I think i will achieve an A, I just resat the coursework and got 75/80ums and if I get even a low A in unit 1 then for the other exam I only need a C to get a overall A
    for maths I have a tutor, I'm completing it in 1 year froms scratch, I've finished chapter 5 in c1 finding it fine

I just feel I have 0% chance for UCL, I'm predicted BBB but I am sure I will exceed this

I am unsure to apply to UCL because I don't think they will even look at my application & yes I want to go to UCL starting Sept 2017
    I'd say definitely apply, there's nothing to lose and you have five choices anyway, so your 4 others can have lower grade requirements. They look at other things than your grades like your personal statement/work experience etc. Your offer would probably be above your predicted but then it gives you something to aim for. But also ask yourself what is it about UCL that wants you to go? For example there are lots of other unis in London that you could also apply to if that's what you want, and they'll be lots of similar courses out there at other unis so all hope isn't lost if you potentially don't get an offer. You have lots of options.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any Medicine applicants here? I can't seem to find a thread for UCL Med haha :-P

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Biochemistry at UCL.
    UCAS application will be sent off by the end of next week.

GCSES: 1A* 1A & 7B's
    AS grades: ACCD (not great I know, dropped the D grade subject).
    EPQ grade A (achieved).
    Predicted A2: A*AB

Completed my personal statement & all references are complete.
    School's in special measures so I have extenuating circumstances.
    I've done A LOT of extra & super curricular activities, too many to mention on here.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.