Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any bugs / glitches when using TSR? Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    If a thread is deleted, we have no way to clearing the notification of a quoted or liked page in that thread until it clears after a few days/a week? Not sure how long the time period is.
    Select "Stop watching the thread"?

Or, in notifications, "Mark All Read".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Select "Stop watching the thread"?

Or, in notifications, "Mark All Read".
    Thanks, I'll do that in future.

Still, it would be handy if clicking the notification for a deleted thread would clear the notification, as it does for all other threads.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Thanks, I'll do that in future.

Still, it would be handy if clicking the notification for a deleted thread would clear the notification, as it does for all other threads.
    Agreed
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I would also like to add that the Android app keeps crashing when viewing threads with multiple pages. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it either.

Also, any anonymous/rep features in the pipeline for the app version of the site?
    (Original post by ChrisN)
    The new app will start as a discussion app so won't be fully covering the site for now.

Captain Jack will it contain anon/rep to start with?
    They are both features we've have specified for the app but at this point I am not sure if they will be in the very first Beta version going out in Oct. I 'think' they are but will be able to confirm in the next week. If not, they will follow shortly after the testing phase before the full launch, definitiely. We can't launch the app without em

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-13-16-16-25.png
Views: 26
Size:  348.8 KB
    Resizing is a fairly frequently problem on the phone browser. Sometimes it fixes itself eventually, sometimes not though. Also posting images saved on phone and laptop can take forever (if they ever upload), maybe because of high quality but idk. Even this screenshot took almost 30 seconds
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Beta version going out in Oct
    Sign me up!

Tagging beta-king iEthan
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Sign me up!

Tagging beta-king iEthan
    *waits for joke about being beta*

But yeah, ditto. TestFlight is my middle name. </terribleAppleJoke>

ReputationRep:
    The new app will start as a discussion app so won't be fully covering the site for now.

Captain Jack will it contain anon/rep to start with?
    Discussion app? Will this make it worse or better? :holmes:

Somethings I would like to see in the updated app:

1) Able to rep
    2) Go anonymous
    3) Able to tag someone
    4) Able to get notifs
    5) Improve the layout, it kinda sucks atm
    6) Have the emoji icons/gif show up and not have it show as a code. For example, :jive : (minus the space) it's quite annoying.

Posted from OtherWorld
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I get what you are saying but I think that is actually what is expected. Hitting multi quote drops the quotes into the quick editor at the bottom of the page. Clicking reply takes you to the main reply page with just the quote from that post. 2 unrelated routes, rather than 'do 1 then the next'

Are they appearing correctly in the reply box at the bottom of the page?

I suppose it isn't that clear now I think about it. Has that confuzzled anyone else?
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Oh, yes they are appearing at the bottom reply box I feel really stupid now Thank you for your help:thumbsup:
    Don't feel stupid, TSR does some weird things that don't make sense! Not your fault. We are on a mission to fix lots of it though.

There is a new project coming out in the next week or two that will add a new box that will store all of the multi quotes across pages, which should help fix exactly this problem for you.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Discussion app? Will this make it worse or better? :holmes:

Somethings I would like to see in the updated app:

1) Able to rep
    2) Go anonymous
    3) Able to tag someone
    4) Able to get notifs
    5) Improve the layout, it kinda sucks atm
    6) Have the emoji icons/gif show up and not have it show as a code. For example, :jive : (minus the space) it's quite annoying.

Posted from OtherWorld
    Big massive TICKS to all of those!

Well, number 5 will be for you to decide, but we think we have a nice design and the members in the process of choosing the design liked it too

For emojis, we're going to be using the standard built in Apple and Android ones to keep it really simple.

ReputationRep:
    Big massive TICKS to all of those!

Well, number 5 will be for you to decide, but we think we have a nice design and the members in the process of choosing the design liked it too

For emojis, we're going to be using the standard built in Apple and Android ones to keep it really simple.
    Sounds good. Can I be a beta tester for iOS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The clearing pop up just popped up exactly 30 days after results day...

ReputationRep:
    I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam
    actually yeah
    i'm on my laptop right and sometimes stuff moves
    idk if i'm being coherent enough, but the text box that i was writing in has moved sideways once or twice.. and this also happened to a word while is was typing - i couldn't see it for a few seconds.. until i got on the next row

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Yeah... I think it's a bit late for that now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Given a lot of people have started to move to uni, it most definitely is :lol:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Sorry about that, it shouldn't be showing now. We have this one on the list to fix

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    actually yeah
    i'm on my laptop right and sometimes stuff moves
    idk if i'm being coherent enough, but the text box that i was writing in has moved sideways once or twice.. and this also happened to a word while is was typing - i couldn't see it for a few seconds.. until i got on the next row
    Hmm, interesting. I don't suppose you can try and get a screen grab of it next time it happens? Which browser do you use?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that, it shouldn't be showing now. We have this one on the list to fix

Hmm, interesting. I don't suppose you can try and get a screen grab of it next time it happens? Which browser do you use?
    chrome
    i will if it happens again
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for bringing this up - odd, but I think I have a solution in place now. Please could you do me a favor and shout if you see it again? Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thought of another one...
    If you rep anonymous people, you can't then rep a different anonymous person (but still with the same name iyswim) soon after as it's as if they are the same person in the database of who you've repped.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ChrisN it won't met me delete any old pm's. Could this be sorted please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.